Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Peptides talk anyone?

186,514 Views | 1556 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by backintexas2013
dagsa03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I completely agree with Moses assessment and recommendations. I've found TRT, Reta, Tesa, and Wolverine to be my everyday baseline supplements. Have tried AOD, NAD, MOTC and while I didn't "feel" any differences I have no way of knowing if they improved me overall.

Anyone in their 40's and older popping below 400 on their testosterone, in addition to feeling sluggish and low energy and having libido issues, should be on TRT. How much is debatable (I have friends who like being between 6-700, while I like being at or above 1000).

One thing I'm not sure we have discussed is adding Cialis (Tadalafil) and donating blood regularly to your regimen. These have completely removed the cramps I was experiencing with thickening blood from TRT. And Tadalafil has worked wonders on my libido issues.

Overall I don't think we are all comprised the same so different products work differently for everyone. The game is to optimize and improve where we naturally have declined because of stress, age, etc. It a trial and error for most, but again like Moses said there are some baseline products that more times than not have been gamechangers.
backintexas2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did you take AI to keep estrogen levels down
dagsa03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yes have been on anastrozole for years to keep it low.
MosesHallEnforcer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've always heard to stay away from tanking your e2 levels with AI and let your body deal with it naturally.

Here's Jay's take with some good links.

https://jaycampbell.com/blog/the-real-truth-on-ais-aromatization-inhbitor-medications/
dagsa03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
here's my bloodwork data showing on anastrozole and I tested not taking it around Mar/Apr. My body does increase estrogen levels on TRT, so I benefit from it.

AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You know your body better than anyone, but I just want to say that an estradiol number out of range isn't necessarily a bad thing... it's just about managing your symptoms. If you aren't seeing high estrogen symptoms (acne, nipple sensitivity, etc.), then I wouldn't worry about the predefined range. As we know, those ranges aren't exactly applicable for most healthy or enhanced people.

My estrogen was 55 my first month of TRT. I brought it down to 45 the second month by switching from 2 to 3 injections per week (and possibly because I added a boron supplement at night), and of course because my body was still in adjustment mode from starting the TRT over those months.
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On a different note... I had my 3rd DEXA this morning, and now I'm a little skeptical of DEXA scans lol.

It put me at 9.9% BF, and while I know I'm much leaner than when I started this, I am almost certain my BF isn't that low. I would have thought I was more like 11-12% based on pics/posts I see of other guys. I'm also now skeptical of the 13.6% measurement in May.

I am stoked to see the increase in lean mass, but the tech at BodySpec was explaining to me that the lean mass is just any mass measured that is not fat or bone. So that means it can be influenced by water in your body, undigested food, etc. For each of these scans, I had a typical morning with breakfast and normal hydration, so the results should be fairly comparable, but it's still something that's in the back of my mind.

All of that said, I know these scans are much more helpful to see the trend, rather than concrete numbers.... so given that I am really happy with the results.



07fta07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd look into something like DIM and only touch anastrozole as a very last resort.
AggieGunslinger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have seen good results with DIM, so have a few of my co-workers.
aggiesundevil4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds promising, I'm gonna look into it. Do you pair DIM with a half dose of Anastrozole or do DIM instead of? I'm currently prescribed 1 pill a week (can't remember the mg). Earlier on I was on 1/2 pill. I'd like to take less because I think it reduces sex drive
07fta07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DIM only. I'd look into any and every alternative (DIM, more frequent injections, lower dose, all of the above) before taking anastrazole.
aggiesundevil4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did the DIM only fully eliminate the water retention, that symptom is what's been driving me to take Anastrozole . And are you taking 200mg DIM daily?
07fta07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've never had a water retention issue, so I can't speak to that. I alternated days 150mg/300mg with 2x a week injections. I'm due for labs now that I've switched to daily injections for the last couple months. I'm hoping to be able to discontinue it or reduce it.
sanitariex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I take DIM daily along with 0.5 a pill of anastrazole a week, with daily testosterone injections and that along with Reta were the only things that fixed my water retention issues in my ankles. I've talked about it before but I had horrendous pitting edema before all that combined. I stopped taking anastrazole twice this year and developed symptoms just slightly over a week each time. Again, it's just my body, because I've yet to meet anyone that had ankle swelling issues like I had once they got on TRT.
jmcfar_98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Time to cash in, fellas.
backintexas2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Newman is already using his post office vehicle to cash in
tam2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Two weeks into low dose HGH and I feel like I've wasted my time and money on other peps not running this sooner. I know HGH is a long play on the body composition change but already my sleep and especially recovery have been great. I'm doing workouts that would have me pretty sore for a day or two and now I'm bouncing right back feeling great.

Only been doing 1iu each morning probably will bump it to 2 in a couple weeks.
TXAg361
How long do you want to ignore this user?
About to start on Reta and KLOW. Is this something I should ask my doctor about doing, inform them I am doing it, or just not tell them at all? Recently I had a blood test with bad cholesterol and liver enzyme numbers so I have a follow up appointment in a few weeks.
tam2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I obviously don't know your health history but most doctors don't have a clue about peptides and will discourage you from taking them. I don't have any reason to disclose what I'm doing but at the same time peptides literally have helped me and my bloodwork get as good as it's ever been so I have no reason to see a doctor right now
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXAg361 said:

About to start on Reta and KLOW. Is this something I should ask my doctor about doing, inform them I am doing it, or just not tell them at all? Recently I had a blood test with bad cholesterol and liver enzyme numbers so I have a follow up appointment in a few weeks.


Just tell them youre doing tirzepatide from a health clinic.

Be prepared that you might have some intestinal issues or nausea as youre starting
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had to stop taking tesa. The joint discomfort thing never went away and after seven weeks was just getting worse. Even taking KLOW at the same time. Hadn't really noticed any huge positives, just water retention and joint pain negatives. Guess we'll chock that one up to being too old maybe.


ETA: typo on Reta. Not Reta. Stopped tesa.
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone try BodySpec for DexaScans?
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, I've done 3 of them through one of the Austin locations. I actually posted some results above (maybe a page back) where I'm a little dubious of the results. I understand they are supposed to be one of the most reliable scans, but obviously they aren't perfect.
jmcfar_98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've had two done with them in the Dallas area.


AnyOtherName
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've done one Dexa through BodySpec in Dallas. Stupid easy process.

How often would you all recommend on going? I am about 1 month+ into Reta, testa, ipa, TRT regimen.

Lifestyle has changed, going to gym 5x a week and down about 6 lbs. (honestly thought it would be more with the amount of effort I have put into this). Imagine some muscle has been gained, which is what I am trying to remember.

Lethargy gone, getting stronger, pushing through sets at gym like I'm in college. Based on 34.8% bf baseline I am still a year away from 15% (not sure if this is realistic or not)
jmcfar_98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I go every 3 months.

I went April 1 for my first one. Started Reta on 4/9. Tesa on 5/3. Starting weight was 249. I'm 6'4" & 58 yrs old. 31.2% BF and 6.4 lbs VAT. The visceral fat was the main reason I started Tesa. Next scan was July 1, weight was 224, 20.8% BF and 2.5 lbs VAT. Summary 10.4% decrease in BF, 5.9# increase in lean mass, 31.1# decrease in fat mass and 3.8# decrease in VAT. Extremely happy with the reduction in VAT.

Based on my numbers I'm a huge believer in Reta & Tesa.

Bloodwork look really solid.

Yes, I'm on TRT too for the last 2 years.
AnyOtherName
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That is an awesome drop and encouraging I was planning on another scan after this first cycle around the 12 week mark.

Hard for me to gauge what is the biggest factor because I didn't have a strong foundation to start. Regardless, I am going to give this solid 6 months and reevaluate.

The short term body dysmorphia (feeling better but not looking better) is going to be the biggest challenge and reminder that long game with steady discipline will win this
Fairfield_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any recommended sources for quality BAC water?
jmcfar_98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fairfield_Ag said:

Any recommended sources for quality BAC water?


https://www.farrislabs.com/

https://bacwaterdirect.co/

jmcfar_98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jmcfar_98 said:

Fairfield_Ag said:

Any recommended sources for quality BAC water?


https://www.farrislabs.com/

https://bacwaterdirect.co/


Don't go cheap just buy the Hospira brand

bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Really smooth experience with Tony at PeptidePlugs to restock a few things here in the states that are cheaper than I can get them in Australia. Super responsive and overnighted what I needed.
AnyOtherName
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have been using Peptira... I am gonna have to give PeptidePlugs a try out. Love those prices much more.
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Use code THOMAS2 for a discount.

Quote:

Friends get 10% off (max $40) on their first order. You earn 500 pts ($5.00 credit) when their order ships.


They will credit me with a cool $5
AnyOtherName
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will when it is time to reload. Thanks for sharing!
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.