Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

76,612 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
AggieChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Post here for tracking, accountability, etc for your outdoors-related fitness goals.

You can't drag a deer up out of a holler if you're too fat to breathe.

Weight loss, weight gain, and other fitness goals are all fair game.

Google Sheets weight tracking
AggieChemist
AG
Anyone should be able to log in to that google sheets document. Just put in your handle and you can self-track. Let me know if there are any problems with permissions.
AgBQ-00
AG
Ended 2016 at 215. Up from my low weight of 209. Goal for 2017 is 185. I want to maintain between there and 195.

First event this year for me is to finish the Cowtown marathon the last weekend in February
suprafly03
unearth222
AG
Sitting at 190 lbs right now. Goal is to cut down to 180 lbs by August. I need to make sure I am in great shape for a September elk hunt!
dtkprowler
AG
Wife and I are doing Whole30 for the month of January. It is one of those hip Paleo things. Pretty difficult to do just because of the meal prep and our schedules, but totally makes sense if you look at the argument for the diet (for the most part).

At 212 right now, hoping to be down to 195 by the end of the 30 day stretch. Through the rest of the year, want to get down to and stay around 185.

Good Luck everybody!
V8Aggie
AG
unearth222 said:

Sitting at 190 lbs right now. Goal is to cut down to 180 lbs by August. I need to make sure I am in great shape for a September elk hunt!
Make sure you do incline training!! Don't run flat
XpressAg09
AG
I'm at 189.5 today and hoping to get down to 180 before too long. My youngest is 3 mo. now so is about to settle into a sweet sleep routine which means I can get some fitness in...fingers crossed.
MouthBQ98
AG
174 down from 207 last year. Can't get too much smaller, but can change a bit more fat to muscle. Going for 13% body fat in 2012. At 15 right now.
unearth222
AG
V8Aggie said:

unearth222 said:

Oh I know all too well. Lots of lunges, squats, bleachers and hiking with a weighted pack up hills in my future. The hardest thing to replicate for me is the altitude. My lungs tend to give out before my muscles when working in the mountains.
AggieChemist
AG
unearth222 said:

V8Aggie said:

unearth222 said:

Oh I know all too well. Lots of lunges, squats, bleachers and hiking with a weighted pack up hills in my future. The hardest thing to replicate for me is the altitude. My lungs tend to give out before my muscles when working in the mountains.
Nothing you can do about that but time at altitude.
aggielostinETX
AG
My biggest goal is I want to row 1,000km in 2017.

I figure the rest will come along if I hit that.

I was 203 in Nov(IIRC) and now I am back to 218, as of this morning. Too much booze and food over the holidays. Sub 200 is still the target.
ursusguy
AG
I don't remotely need it now, but I want to complete the "arduous" pack test again so I can bump back up to a Type 1 wildland firefighter. When I turned 35 I said screw it at dropped down to doing the moderate pack test, which I can pass semi-easily. Getting ready for my Colorado elk hunt, I had worked to drop from 215 down to about 192. Had I been thinking about, I could have probably passed the pack test then (mid-Oct). I haven't done jack squat since I got back, and flirting with 200 again.

Other ultimate goal, avoid the diabetes game. When I was lifting, my glucose was good. When I backed off lifting, and started cardio hard, glucose started creeping up again. So back to alternating cardio and lifting.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
I put on weight like a show calf in 2016. Weighing 243 at the moment. Running, push-ups and crunches start today.
BreNayPop
AG
Sw 250
Gw 200
Cw 262

Got down to 219 then fell completely off the bus. Amazing how quickly pounds jump back on.

Started working out again.

Goal is 200

I will make it
TexasAggie_02
AG
last half of 2016 was pretty rough. Hopefully i can keep the momentum going this year.

Sept 2015: 295

Jan 1 2016: 270
Mar 9 2016: 254
Mar 29 2016: 249

Jan 1 2017: 265
TRIDENT
AG
CW: 248
GW: 218

A couple of nagging injuries derailed my gym routine, and too much food & whiskey replaced it last year. Going to get there this year. Putting in a pool at the house and don't want belly hanging out is extra motivation!
aggielostinETX
AG
TRIDENT said:

CW: 248
GW: 218

A couple of nagging injuries derailed my gym routine, and too much food & replaced it last year. Going to get there this year. Putting in a pool at the house and don't want belly hanging out is extra motivation!
Yep, a knee injury pretty much killed my 2 year CrossFit career. Injury was from hiking in mountains, not CF. Sux.
BigPuma
AG
I'm a bit of a fatty right now

CW: 340
GW: 260
BenderRodriguez
AG
Well, I did lose some weight last year, and also built quite a bit of muscle. I ran a half marathon in December, which I was pretty proud of finishing.

But then the holidays and lots of inactivity happened.

CW: 244
GW: Doesn't matter, just want to be more in shape.

Can't do a pull up right now. Would like to fix that, which is going to take some big weight loss and upper body strength gains. I'm going to be lifting 3 times a week, and running twice a week, along with eating much healthier now that the holidays are over with. Don't think I'll do another half marathon this year, but might run a 5k or two. Goal time for the 5k would be 23 minutes flat, which should be more than doable.

I slacked off at the end of the year after working hard for several months...but damn if those deep friend boudin balls and gumbo I made for New Years weren't delicious.
OE_Ag11
AG
went the wrong way last year. from 300 to 330ish.

GW is 275 hopefully, but need to be under 290 for work. Supposedly the new chopper company doesnt allow over 300lbs to go offshore. So I have some real motivation finally.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Goals
Currently: 265-ish (forgot to weigh this morning)
Currently trying to break through 260 plateau and stay under (but the Holidays).
Would love to see the 249 line by end of spring
Year End Goal: 235-240 & lose 3-5% more body fat

Results so far from Low Carbing
* Lost 2.5% body fat on Low carb since Spring of last year, but weight is coming off very slowly.
Will have to buy a new belt soon from my worst 2 years ago.
Lost an inch or two through my torso. Pants are getting baggier. Belly button is not so deep.

Eating lifestyle
Continuing a 6.5 day Low carb (<30g Carbs/day) eating with a single "carb party" night each week.
I am trying to find a way to eat that I can do forever. LowCarb/Keto makes me feel better than any other.

Exercise
Tabatas - Elliptical, Weights & Kettlebell, Crunches &Tennis

Gear
Got a new FitBit Charge2 for Christmas and love it for my 50 year old eyes over the Charge1.

Something I have tried
Turmeric Curcumin Complex 1500mg for inflammation, but also seems to aid weight loss when I take it 2 times a day
Rocket fuel/Bulletproof coffee instead of breakfast.
suprafly03
AG
Weight loss is huge for me.

I'd love to plan a guided big game hunt toward the end of 2017. But I'm not planning anything until I can achieve serious weight loss.

I'm going to Cordoba Argentina in March. So another big hunt may be difficult to swing (for my wife), but if I can show her serious health changes I'm sure she'll go for it.

Starting weight 270 (damn, how'd that happen?)
Goal weight (Dec 31 2017) 200

We will see.
I Ramp Ag
Not sure of my weight right now, I will weight tonight. Last time I checked I was 301. I would like to get down to 270. Need to lose a lot of fat %. I am going to start on my tread mill that I purchased in 2015 and haven't used. Just need to get off my lazy ...

SW
GW 270
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
To everyone ... may we all reach our goals in a healthy manner.
Sean98
AG
I'm at 210.2 as of this morning. But it's not a great 210. I was in pretty good shape when I hit the mountain in September and upon my return I basically curled up on the couch in the fetal position and cried like a little b**ch. So I've gained about 10 pounds of bad weight (while losing a fair amount of muscle).

I'd like to be at 200# by June 1. Given my work schedule between now and June that might be more difficult that it sounds. But more than anything I have to STOP a bad trend before it gets further out of hand.
PPAag06
AG
First time to participate but have always followed...

Started 2016 at 225 and made it down to 207. Sitting at 218 now but am "fatter" than I have ever been. Belly weight finally catching up to me. Did 2.5 miles yesterday, first time in forever. Utilizing mapmyrun this year also. For me, competition is the only thing to get me off my butt.

SW - 218
GW - 180
SmokinBourbon
AG
Hit 315 about a week before Christmas. Currently down to 302. Goal is to get to 250 by end of year.
Aggietaco
AG
Good luck to everyone! The first step is acknowledging where you are and where you want to be.

And don't forget your neighborhood friendly H&F board. There's a pretty large group of regulars with some serious fitness and diet knowledge that can be a good resource for any questions you don't feel like Googling.
agfan2013
AG
best of luck to all of y'all trying to lose some, January 2015 I was 215, now after two years of these threads I'm down to 175. And I'd really like to lose the last 10 and get to 165.

Some advice: don't do it just because it's a new year and you "need" some new year's goals. You have to truly want it, otherwise you'll just quit after a month or two. They say 80% of weight loss is in the kitchen, and it's true, it's pretty damn hard to excerise enough to get rid of the 3000 calories you ate or drank during the day, slowly step it down and eat better/less. It will help you lose weight a lot faster, I used my fitness pal app. Lastly, it seems obvious but for those of you serious about losing it, it is a lifestyle change, you don't get to go back to your bad habits once you hit or get close to your target weight. They say more than 50% of people that lose substantial weight are likely to gain it back. Make the change and make it oermenant.
Law361
AG
SW: 264
GW: 214
Would be the lightest I've weighed since high school. Let the daily running and calorie counting begin!
Sean98
AG
PPAag06 said:

First time to participate but have always followed...

Started 2016 at 225 and made it down to 207. Sitting at 218 now but am "fatter" than I have ever been. Belly weight finally catching up to me.

This is what gets me each year with these types of threads. I rarely enter a year (to date, fingers crossed for future years) where I think "I need to lose 20 pounds." Which sucks for me because a specific poundage I an easily trackable goal. But there can be a ton of difference between FatSean at 210# and FitSean at 210# which makes for a really nebulous "how do I look in the mirror"/"how hard do I breathe" standard...
BenderRodriguez
AG
For those looking for ways to hold yourselves accountable, here's an app suggestion: Habitica. You can create "to do" lists and it's highly customizable. It holds you accountable by setting up a mini game for you. You check off your to dos, character levels up. You don't take care of business, he takes damage and eventually dies.

Fitness wise, I'm lifting M/W/F and running T/Th. My other big goal this year is languages, so I'm using Duolingo to practice Spanish M/W/F, German T/Th, and try to pick up Italian on the weekends.

Habitica is easy to use and helps with my self accountability. Hope it helps someone else too.

Swarely
SW 225.8
GW 185

Slow start this year due to me having to get stitches on my left foot. Should get a boost from my no booze until march idea.
I accidentally clicked the signature button.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
Started 2016 at 228 lbs, now at 200. Need to continue the dietary program I am on and get started exercising on a consistent basis to maintain and increase lean muscle mass. I am 6'1 and weighed 165 when I graduated HS way back in 1973. Would like to get my weight down to about 185+/- and keep it there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.