Starfield from Bethesda

69,714 Views | 842 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by jr15aggie
javajaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BQRyno said:

Yeah I need to remember to leave my chaperone outside when I'm "stealing" everything in sight..

I don't want to say too much but in my case this had nothing to do with any chaperone of mine. In fact, they got pulled into my predicament as well.

And this storyline put me in a bind last night when it got me into a ship fight with like 4 other ships double my level. Still not sure how to beat them and I can't get out without dying. I might have to save scum to avoid the fight for now.
jr15aggie
AG
Happened to me once.... all power to shields and engines and hit your thrusters right away. Get a little separation and open you map... set a grav jump to anywhere. Give your grav drive 1 bar of power and within a few seconds you are gone.
jr15aggie
AG
Lol at the kids stuff trait. Your parents tend to show up everywhere.

At work, around town with friends, on a different planet... "is that my parents over there?"

It's pretty funny, and hey, they give you some good gifts sometimes!
jr15aggie
AG
Woah.... hey gents, there's a bar in Akila City called Aggie's!

DallasTeleAg
I didn't see that!

The game is so big, I'm not exploring every corner of every place, lol.
jr15aggie
AG
When you come into the city, it's along the left side outter wall on the lower levels.
wangus12
AG
I only got 4 hours in Thursday night and I'm having withdrawals lol
DallasTeleAg
I think I have a main quest bugging out on me, and can't progress...
Average Joe
AG
I gave up and returned the premium upgrade. I may just wait until wide release. Took 3 hours to get it to launch the first time, then it crashed after 45 minutes and I never got it to load again.

Claude!
New Atlantis is...big.
zip04
AG
I just stopped by and had a beer and fried pickles.
DallasTeleAg
DallasTeleAg said:

I think I have a main quest bugging out on me, and can't progress...

I ended up completely booting up the xbox and also dismissed Sarah. Quest allowed me to progress.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Still figuring this game out. Did have a question and not sure if someone had an answer or came across this as well. I liberated a ship from its prior crew and its been a really good ship but the crew I liberated it from are still on board the ship.

Is there a way to remove them or are they basically there forever now?
BQRyno
AG
Sarah's following me around with no suit with no atmosphere. Pretty sure she's a ghost.
DallasTeleAg
I've only been using Sarah as a follower and have really liked how much you actually learn about her past.
jr15aggie
AG
Sarah keeps saying she'd be happy for me to stick my junk in her bag.... dirty girl is playing mind games!
RAT90
AG
I have the same issue. Next time I am in port I am going to ask the dude to repair the ship and see if that removes the bodies.
Pman17
AG
Some Visualization Aggies must've worked on this game!
jabberwalkie09
AG
RAT90 said:

I have the same issue. Next time I am in port I am going to ask the dude to repair the ship and see if that removes the bodies.

I tried that but got the "you're good to go" basically. May try to go scuff it up a bit and see if that makes a difference. Are you on PC too?
jr15aggie
AG
Pman17 said:

Some Visualization Aggies must've worked on this game!

What's really cool is it's not just a sign. Both Sam Coe and the guy working in the bar both said "Aggies's" at different times. The guy working was an ex gangster and "Aggies gave him a second chance".

It made it into the thousands of lines of dialog, so it was more than just plug in decoration.
RAT90
AG
Xbox Series X here. Bummer. Maybe upgrading the ship? The ship I commandeered I had three levels. I was able to drag one body down to level two, but cannot take to the bottom level.
Cromagnum
AG
It's a feature, not a bug. LOL

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1469664213796678?mibextid=9drbnH
jr15aggie
AG
My followers keep unequipping their weapons? Happening to anyone else?

They keep punching their way through fights. I go back to them and have them equip a gun, but a few moments later they are back to using fists. Really annoying.
nomad2007
AG
BQRyno said:

Sarah's following me around with no suit with no atmosphere. Pretty sure she's a ghost.

She was just following me around the -136 Celsius temps of Europa like it was a nice April day when I first noticed that.
zip04
AG
I haven't had that issue or the issue with them not wearing their suits yet.
RAT90
AG
Your followers may be out of ammunition? No problems here with followers wearing suits appropriately.

However, is there a quick way to equip/unequip a suit/pack/helmet?
jr15aggie
AG
There are separate toggles for your helmet and suite where you will not wear them in cities or when there is breathable air. It's there in the menus where you equip them
jr15aggie
AG
RAT90 said:

Your followers may be out of ammunition?

Yep, it was ammo. I had read that they didn't need any but I guess that was wrong. I'll make sure they always have just enough for a full mag since their ammo is unlimited.

Something else I read, which was right, is if you give followers a single grenade they will have an unlimited number of them. But beware, they will throw them too often resulting in damage to you when you go on for shotgun kills. I had to take Sarah's away from her, dang woman was dangerous!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Of your followers she seems the most... willing to use force against people. Shoot some bad guys? Some of your followers will not like that but she didn't seem to care.
jeffk
AG
Haha. I learned that lesson in Fallout. Had too many stealth missions end badly due to Charon or someone lobbing grenades over my head.

Also I remember followers just dropping rare weapons that just needed some repairs. Idiots.
BQRyno
AG
Very cool game so far, but I wish it did a better job of teaching me how to do things.
jr15aggie
AG
I just figured out that Vasco does NOT count as one of the 2 crew member slots available on your 1st ship. He hangs out in the cargo hold.

Considering he has a couple ship perks, including shields, he always needs to be assigned to your ship. He's like a permanent +1. Plus he's got great lines and greets you by name.
DallasTeleAg
Umm... not in my game. You sure one of yours isn't your companion? I have 2 crew and Sarah as my companion.
RAT90
AG
Maybe it depends on the home ship size?
DallasTeleAg
Yeah... I you have a crew slot for him, lol.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.