Starfield from Bethesda

69,363 Views | 842 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by jr15aggie
Breggy Popup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jr15aggie said:

Really really annoying that any customization to your Spaceship (even mounting a new turret) results in every misc item moving into your ships storage.

Not only does it make the interiors more boring with the misc decorations being gone, but it's a pain having to sell or jettison all that crap.

You can place stuff back. Get it out of storage and drop it. Then hold E (or whatever the take button is on console). You will pick the item up and can place it where you want.
jr15aggie
AG
Lol, I know, but that would take forever! This isn't an interior decorator simulator!

Not to mention, I just claimed a really large pirate ship that I captured.... once I modded the weapons, there were easily 100 misc decorative items in the storage.
cmk10
AG
I'm sure this has already been posted, but i can't play this game anymore till they fix the ability to land / dock consistently. It's ridiculous
spieg12
AG
cmk10 said:

I'm sure this has already been posted, but i can't play this game anymore till they fix the ability to land / dock consistently. It's ridiculous

What issue are you having? I've not had any problems yet.
zip04
AG
I haven't had any issues landing or docking either.
cmk10
AG
On Xbox only like 15% of the time it comes up the option for me to press x to dock. I just keep circling around and getting super close and then i have to go further out and try again …
zip04
AG
Have you googled to see if this is a common glitch on Xbox? Are you targeting the station, etc. As you close in on it? On PC you put your cursor on it, hit 'E' and then when you are within 500 M it gives the option to dock.
spieg12
AG
Once your within 500 meters of any space object, be it a ship or parts to loot from a blown up ship or a space station, press A while looking at it and the interact prompt will appear. For ships this brings up hail or dock. For loot, it brings up the loot box.
cmk10
AG
Thanks. I'll try this
Breggy Popup
AG
jr15aggie said:

Lol, I know, but that would take forever! This isn't an interior decorator simulator!

Not to mention, I just claimed a really large pirate ship that I captured.... once I modded the weapons, there were easily 100 misc decorative items in the storage.
Oh I don't know. Once I start building outposts and have habs I'll be decorating the heck out of those places!

Man, I could see myself spending months and months playing this game. I'm 35 hours in and only level 16. I keep finding more and more rabbit holes and goose chases to go on!
wangus12
AG
Decorating has always been the true end game for any Bethesda title
jr15aggie
AG
So this was brilliant. I was just in Red Mile last night and there is this table of 3 gamblers.... cred sticks piled up all over the place. I kept thinking how I'd like to get ahold of all that, but even when the people left there are guards everywhere so it's impossible.....

This morning I see a video. So this guy found a basket and put it on the floor below the table. Then he used a tray to push the credits off the table and into the basket. Then he goes to the bathroom to steal the creds in private. Just aweesome!
Cromagnum
AG
Someone filled their ship with potatoes.

Average Joe
AG
Picked up the Elegance pistol and it absolutely destroys. I've been having fun with a pistol only build so far.
TAMUallen
AG
Forum Troll said:

Anyone playing on Series S?

^this

Wondering about this myself
maverick2076
Finally upgraded my ship. Game changer.
zip04
AG
Not sure how many of you opted to join the Vanguard, but their museum is really cool.
spieg12
AG
Finally did the Mantis quest and boy that was well worth it.
RAT90
AG
Part of the Mantis quest is why I hate Bethesda companions sometimes.
Troy91
AG
RAT90 said:

All Bethesda followers annoy me by getting caught on everything.

I strongly dislike the mandatory follower quests even if their firepower helps.
jr15aggie
AG
maverick2076 said:

Yep! I completed the Freestar Rangers quest and got a ship.... feel invincible now!
jr15aggie
AG
RAT90 said:

Yep. And make sure you leave them behind for Neon. They won't like it so just go solo!
jr15aggie
AG
It feels like the game is trying to tell me something....

Sarah is playing crazy hard to get. At the same time it feels like I'm going out of my way to deny 2 dudes from going broke back mountain on me!
Breggy Popup
AG
jr15aggie said:

Sarah is playing crazy hard to get. At the same time it feels like I'm going out of my way to deny 2 dudes from going broke back mountain on me!

I shut Sam down with the quickness and have made inroads with Andreja.
maverick2076
jr15aggie said:

maverick2076 said:

Yep! I completed the Freestar Rangers quest and got a ship.... feel invincible now!

That's the one I got. Huge difference, especially considering it's still an A class ship. You don't realize how crappy the Frontier is until you get a better ship.
spieg12
AG
jr15aggie said:

Sarah basically threw herself at me. We are married now so we'll see how that goes.
wangus12
AG
Looking forward to spending my Fall Saturdays playing this rather than having to worry about A&M
jr15aggie
AG
wangus12 said:

Looking forward to spending my Fall Saturdays playing this rather than having to worry about A&M

Edit to delete my rant. We don't need that here.
maverick2076
wangus12 said:

I watch MotoGP instead now. Catch the race early in the morning, am in a great mood no matter who wins, and it motivates me to get out on the bike and ride.
jabberwalkie09
AG
maverick2076 said:

jr15aggie said:

maverick2076 said:

That's the one I got. Huge difference, especially considering it's still an A class ship. You don't realize how crappy the Frontier is until you get a better ship.

Speaking of ships, make sure to do the "Overdesigned" mission.
jabberwalkie09
AG
zip04 said:

Not sure how many of you opted to join the Vanguard, but their museum is really cool.

The Vanguard storyline was good. I've done the Freestar Rangers, Vanguard, and the UCSysDef/Crimson Fleet so far for this play through. I need to do the Ryujin one. Im spending a lot more time doing side quests this go around.
Artorias
AG
Finished Starfield main storyline. Did some of the side/faction stuff. Overall I think the Metacritic score of 87 is not too far off. I would probably give it a few more points for the impressive tech stuff they do and sheer scale of the game. But doesn't quite have the same "it" factor Skyrim had. Enjoyed it but not quite as great as I was hoping.
jr15aggie
AG
Anybody else get the Gymnastic perk? Combat sliding felt like a great way to make the combat even better....

What a worthless perk! You slide no more than like a foot. What is even the purpose of that!
zip04
AG
Going Vanguard is the easiest way to max out piloting and it isn't even close.
DallasTeleAg
Artorias said:

Finished Starfield main storyline. Did some of the side/faction stuff. Overall I think the Metacritic score of 87 is not too far off. I would probably give it a few more points for the impressive tech stuff they do and sheer scale of the game. But doesn't quite have the same "it" factor Skyrim had. Enjoyed it but not quite as great as I was hoping.

For me, I will always prefer a fantasy game, so Elder Scrolls will always win out.

However, I think Starfield is fantastic, and has surpassed the fallout games, for me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.