Starfield from Bethesda

79,803 Views | 847 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by flakrat
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Right! Apparently IGN did a full write up about the opening of the game that they showed at Gamescom.....

Why the heck would I want to READ about the first 15 minutes of the game!?!
Average Joe
AG
The game is 20% off on Bethesda's website, but then you have to pay $15 shipping for the Steam key. Incredibly dumb.
Lathspell
AG
With how big this game is... I don't know how I'm going to avoid spoilers until I finally beat the main story...

I may have to focus on the main story like I've never done on a Bethesda game.
wangus12
AG
zip04 said:

Is that you C@Lag?

Heard he stole a whole shipment from wherever he worked. Dumbass
C@LAg
Discounted 25% off at CDKeys. Also, no sales tax.

And yes, CDKeys is a very reliable key web site.

PC Standard edition (Steam) - $57.79 (25% off)
https://www.cdkeys.com/starfield-pc-steam

PC Premium edition (Steam) - $84.50 (24% off)
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/starfield-premium-edition-pc-steam

jeffk
AG
Did y'all run into story spoilers for any other Bethesda titles? I'm trying to remember if I did, but am coming up empty. Maybe it's just a different type of gaming audience and the destination isn't as important as how you get there?
jr15aggie
AG
I'm personally not super concerned about spoilers once I start playing. Their games are the definition of "it's about the journey, not the destination."

Speaking of... lots of talk about how there is a New Game + in Starfield and it's apparently something different and special.

(Possible spoilers below depending how much you've read/seen about the game)

Combine that with the information given about the artifact and your character being shown a glimpse through space/time after touching the first piece...

Maybe this will be a mechanism to push us to finish the campaign but go back to the beginning while keeping your character intact. This could be key to how we interact with the factions... we keep our stats but get a fresh start to take a completely different path.
YouBet
AG
Jettisoning this thread now if people are going to post spoilers.

See y'all in a few years.
jr15aggie
AG
YouBet said:

Jettisoning this thread now if people are going to post spoilers.

See y'all in a few years.

LOL. I haven't seen any spoilers posted (yet). Everything I've seen on here so far are things straight from Bethesda's mouth, but they might seem spoiler-ish depending on how many interviews, etc you've listened to, or rather, haven't listened to.
wangus12
AG
Just going to post the link. Someone has already created a character builder using the background/traits/skills. Just something to play around with.

No story spoilers that I can tell. Most everything is from the Direct, but it does have all the skills listed now.

Starfield Character Builder
BadMoonRisin
AG
Maybe we can start a separate spoiler-free thread? Or maybe people can just use the spoilers tag?
jr15aggie
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Maybe we can start a separate spoiler-free thread? Or maybe people can just use the spoilers tag?

I think if people want a spoiler free thread go ahead (vs making a spoiler thread). My preference would be to only have 1 thread and us spoiler tags if you think it's iffy.

My opinion is that us early access guys not divulge any story line elements until the full release, but we have free reign to discuss our impressions and game mechanics.

If you want to know absolutely nothing, avoid the internet.
jr15aggie
AG
Quick sympathy post for myself... got Covid. I own a small business and I have to keep working so it's going to be a rough week. Prayers appreciated!

Really stinks... video games (or anything) are hard to enjoy when you feel like crap. Waited all this time for launch week... even told the wife to expect me to live in the TV room. Now I'll probably be quarantined there. Ironic.

Oh well, thems the breaks.
wangus12
AG
Definitely lets go to using spoiler tags. The board doesn't really get enough traffic to have 2 separate threads for one game.
Average Joe
AG
I never really care about spoilers for games, but I definitely want to hear about builds y'all try. It's a Bethesda game, so there are always some crazy class building aspects you never think about like unarmed being OP or something.
jr15aggie
AG
Sounds like this game is so big and the overall experience and things you encounter is going to vary person to person quite a bit.

I think the next few days is just going to be us sharing impressions.
Teslag
AG
Two weeks ago I didn't know this thread existed. And now I just bought a new gaming computer.
Average Joe
AG
Teslag said:

Two weeks ago I didn't know this thread existed. And now I just bought a new gaming computer.

This is the way.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I haven't played my Xbox in almost a year (been playing my SteamDeck) but I'm going to fire it back up and play this one!
Claude!
Holding off on a new computer, but I expect I'm going to be disgusted at my performance and buy one. Kind of time for it anyway.
Teslag
AG
Looks like minimum and recommended specs dropped

MINIMUM:
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 125 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD Required
RECOMMENDED:
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 125 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD Required
BadMoonRisin
AG
Im wondering if this will work on steamdeck. I saw in a patch notes they added something about using the onscreen keyboard.

It will likely be "playable" but not Verified and will probably have pretty poor frame rates.
C@LAg
i say crfreate a spoiler thread. for some this will be a game that lasts 150+ hours, for others just 40.

and many will not jump on board until closer to the holiday season, as it is a christmas gift, or becuase of school events, football season, etc.

Keep this thread for impressions and whatnot. And the other thread is a spoiler-filled free-for-all. If any game deserves a separate thread, it is this one.
C@LAg
for the non-lolpoorz, preload is up.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Lolpoorz wouldnt require 2.5 days to download a 125GB game.
C@LAg
BadMoonRisin said:

Lolpoorz wouldnt require 2.5 days to download a 125GB game.
they do if their internet is slow.

see: suddenlink/optimum
jr15aggie
AG
Wow, this was really well done!

wangus12
AG
Almost 24 hours away. I think the review embargo ends 11AM CT tomorrow so I'm gonna have to stay off the internet tomorrow
WGann3
AG
jr15aggie said:

Wow, this was really well done!

Welp, I was all in on this game and then they go and get Imagine Dragons to make a song for it. Dammit Bethesda... I'm out. (Just kidding) (I think).
jr15aggie
AG
Well I liked it, don't care what anyone thinks!
WGann3
AG
Haha I'm just playing around. The video was cool. That band makes me insane though. Enjoy the launch!
heddleston
AG
I'm not counting on it being a good experience early on, but hoping that maybe after a while (a year or so) they'll patch it and get it running on low settings at a "mostly" solid 30fps. I'm waiting until then as I'm one of those lolpoors whose best gaming device is a deck.
canadiaggie
AG
Starfield is upon us.

Central time peeps, I think we can start playing at 7 PM.
wangus12
AG
Got everything packed last night for our trip to Alaska tomorrow. Wife has been informed that after 7 PM tonight I will be unavailable for the remainder of the evening

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.