Starfield from Bethesda

79,814 Views | 847 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by flakrat
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely start to be careful. Starting to be some details leaked. I'm avoiding anything story related as best as I possibly can
zip04
AG
wangus12 said:

Definitely start to be careful. Starting to be some details leaked. I'm avoiding anything story related as best as I possibly can
Same here. My concern is I didn't buy the digital deluxe version, so I can't play until the 6th. I need that time to finish Baldur's Gate 3 though.
jr15aggie
AG
Agreed. So far they appear to be fairly easy to avoid. I've seen several youtube videos and they are all careful about what they say, but they do warn their viewers to stay away from the comments section because the trolls are lurking there.

What I find really interesting is what they are showing at Gamescom. It's apparently an abridged intro of the game. Why show that? I don't want to know what happens in the first 15-20 minutes of the game. I always assumed at some point they'd just show some new footage of some generic mission that had zero story elements.

Anyway, it's definitely a fun time...1 week to go. Very much looking forward posting my non specific impressions of the game.
wangus12
AG
Yeah I'm avoiding any videos from Gamescon. Pete Hines did sit down for an interview and talked about some of his time with the game, but I didn't see any spoilers there.
Claude!
wangus12 said:

There's something in me that, when I see someone say they want to be spoiler free, wants to make up something outlandish to "spoil" them. It's a sickness.

Also, I hear that Starfield is basically a retelling of Waiting for Godot with spaceships.
jeffk
AG
Any indication on how long the story play-through is yet?
jr15aggie
AG
LOL, well I don't know about that... let's put that in the "maybe" column!

But in terms of sickness, Bethesda devs are the ones with the sickness. A-holes knew exactly what road I would take in Skyrim after I was given a new quest. Not only did they not have to put 5 caves along the way, the didn't have to make that enticing *badabadum* noise followed by "Cave Discovered" prompt. I'd sometimes get a few hundred yards away, pretending to ignore it, before turning around so that I could find out exactly what was in that damn cave!

That's sick is what that is!!! I can only imagine Starfield..... *badabaddddaaaaaaaa * "New Moon Discovered". Son of a B*!!!!!!
jr15aggie
AG
jeffk said:

Any indication on how long the story play-through is yet?
I think they have said 30-40ish hours for the main storyline.
C@LAg
what and where is the best overview of Starfield - features, etc.

I am going to a Microsoft Starfield event on Saturday at the MS campus, and need to get caught up so I do not come off like an idiot.

*** we are getting free game codes and will be able to continue playing after the event and even before the 5 day pre-order launch advance, but cannot stream or monetize anything we do with it. they are controlling this by tieing our code to our MS/Xbox live account
jr15aggie
AG
I spent a few weeks (around 3 years ago) renovating our office into a TV room. Turned out pretty nice, but my son mostly claimed the space. We just recently re-did his room (out with the kid stuff, in with the teenager stuff) and he got a desk/monitor/led lights so his alone/gaming time happens in there now.

Finally, the TV room is mine! I bought one of those massive "pit" couches and it's coming any day now. My Series X and LG OLED are also moving in. The entire room is pretty much going to be one big cozy couch with a kick ass TV and gaming setup... just in time for Starfield!
Average Joe
AG
C@LAg said:

what and where is the best overview of Starfield - features, etc.

I am going to a Microsoft Starfield event on Saturday at the MS campus, and need to get caught up so I do not come off like an idiot.

*** we are getting free game codes and will be able to continue playing after the event and even before the 5 day pre-order launch advance, but cannot stream or monetize anything we do with it. they are controlling this by tieing our code to our MS/Xbox live account

Blink once for crappy, twice for good, stay wide eyed for amazing.
jeffk
AG
Any rules about inviting us all over to the house to watch?
wangus12
AG
Eff you man lol. I've been waiting 5 years for this ****er. My advice just watch the Starfield Direct video on Youtube. Its 45 minutes and its technically the only preview of the game we've had
flakrat
AG

Quote:

Join Constellation for a chance to win a limited-edition #Starfield Chronomark watch! Five will be given away to lucky members each month through October.

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfield?section=starfield-breaker-signup
AggieKO
AG
Am I the only one pretty bummed about it only being single player? Would be awesome to be able play through it with friends.
canadiaggie
AG
AggieKO said:

Am I the only one pretty bummed about it only being single player? Would be awesome to be able play through it with friends.
I feel like this is the first thing any of my friends tell me when I express how excited I am for the game.
n_touch
I will not buy a xbox.I will not buy a xbox. I will not buy a xbox.I will not buy a xbox. I will not buy a xbox.I will not buy a xbox. I will not buy a xbox.I will not buy a xbox. I will not buy a xbox.I will not buy a xbox. I will not buy a xbox.I will not buy a xbox. I will not buy a xbox.I will not buy a xbox. I will not buy a xbox.I will not buy a xbox.
Pman17
AG
You will buy game pass, a controller, and stream it.
Average Joe
AG
AggieKO said:

I think it would be great as an MMO, and terrible as an MMO.
Claude!
Gave up waiting for a restock of the Constellation edition, so went ahead and pre-ordered.
jr15aggie
AG
AggieKO said:

I 100% am not.

I am very much looking forward to a Premium Single Player experience. I am not sad about not getting another MP/Co-Op game that really can't separate itself from the other MP games.
YouBet
AG
jr15aggie said:

AggieKO said:

I 100% am not.

I am very much looking forward to a Premium Single Player experience. I am not sad about not getting another MP/Co-Op game that really can't separate itself from the other MP games.

This. F* all your MMO (or whatever acronym we are on now) desires.

This game would suck as multiplayer.
javajaws
AG
I guess if you want mmo just wait for/play Star Citizen? Maybe it'll be done before we all die.
Lathspell
AG
Seconded. I want my 1 player experience where I can enjoy my exploration without seeing hundreds of randos running around my screen. Hell, I don't even want someone watching me play. I enjoy my alone time with Bethesda games.
javajaws
AG
You can get 17% off either edition if you order from fanatical.com:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/starfield

Just ordered mine and got my steam key already activated.
AggieKO
AG
I wasn't really looking at it from an MMO but more as just including a co-op mode.
jr15aggie
AG
AggieKO said:

I wasn't really looking at it from an MMO but more as just including a co-op mode.

Understood.

But either way, it fundamentally changes the way you have to develope the entire game from day 1. Even the procedurally generated planet stuff (which they admit will be different for each player) would have to be rethought for a co-op game.

Just looked at Dead Space 3 if you need any proof of how a really great single player experience gets completely watered down as soon as you make it a co-op game.

So a lot of the counter arguments are still valid... just give us a phenomenal single player game!
wangus12
AG
Lathspell
AG
Please don't provide anything you've "heard", outside of the Starfield direct or other Bethesda announcement.
zip04
AG
javajaws said:

You can get 17% off either edition if you order from fanatical.com:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/starfield

Just ordered mine and got my steam key already activated.

For a difference of only $12, I returned my original purchase and bought the premium edition through this. Thanks.
jr15aggie
AG
Anybody else try clicking on the Starfield icon hoping for a glitch where the game launches?

Yeah no, me neither
zip04
AG
jr15aggie said:

Anybody else try clicking on the Starfield icon hoping for a glitch where the game launches?

Yeah no, me neither

I would like to know when we can preload it via steam.
Claude!
zip04 said:

jr15aggie said:

Yeah no, me neither

I would like to know when we can preload it via steam.
August 31.
zip04
AG

Is that you C@Lag?
Lathspell
AG
I don't understand anyone who would even want to watch the first 40 minutesfrom a leak. That beginning of a Bethesda game is one of my favorite experiences in gaming.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.