*****Official Destiny Year Three PS4 Thread*****

167,054 Views | 2302 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Saxsoon
koadie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tex117 said:

PUG'ing is starting to kill me.

We had a decent group, and could get Viosks down to one more round of damage (usually within 3 rounds), but something goofy would happen....Was at it for 2 1/2 hours and ultimately disbanded.

I don't have much interest in grinding the raid (due to IB most likely dropping gear up to or around 400 anyway), but I do want a Hard Mode clear which I have not been able to get.

Ugh.

I ran into this issue the first 10 times I did oryx on hard. groups would get us to the end and something crazy would happen, someone missed a jump, bad timing on the bombs... it was weird.
Tex117
AG
littlebrotherag said:

Tex117 said:

PUG'ing is starting to kill me.

We had a decent group, and could get Viosks down to one more round of damage (usually within 3 rounds), but something goofy would happen....Was at it for 2 1/2 hours and ultimately disbanded.

I don't have much interest in grinding the raid (due to IB most likely dropping gear up to or around 400 anyway), but I do want a Hard Mode clear which I have not been able to get.

Ugh.

I ran into this issue the first 10 times I did oryx on hard. groups would get us to the end and something crazy would happen, someone missed a jump, bad timing on the bombs... it was weird.

Its the worst to, because you think you can get it...stay with it...pretty much through the entire fight...boom 2 hours are gone.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I am down to run another HM raid this week with my alts if we can put together a fireteam to do it. Tonight is out unless you want to start at like 9:30 central or later. But over the weekend or something sounds reasonable.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The whole raid isn't too difficult but all it takes is a small slip up and it's a wipe. Vosik is probably the hardest part of the hard mode, especially with randoms. I ran it last night with some LFG people and that took us the longest because of small mistakes.

(I'll admit I was the reason we had to wipe once. I had been using a sword to kill the captain on my side, but after a few wipes I changed to Gjally and forgot so I ran up to the captain to sword him and blew myself up)
Beezy2389
AG
It helps if you have the raid chest piece at a high level. It halves damage when holding a siva charge.
dwit392
That is actually not as lucky as it seems. Destiny does "RNG" by assigning each second a result. All your legendaries turned into exotics because you turned them in within the same in-game second. Of course it was still very possible that you would have turned them in different in-game seconds. However, all those legendaries into exotics are not independently lucky.

You can see this in action by killing a bunch of enemies in PVE with a single sticky grenade. They will all drop the same ammo if killed at the exact same time.

Anyway, I am down for some private matches on Thursday evening if others are around.
Saxsoon
AG
My personal time is shot most nights until 11 yalls time till after next Thursday.

What little time I do have is on battlefield 1 for the moment
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
dwit392 said:

That is actually not as lucky as it seems. Destiny does "RNG" by assigning each second a result. All your legendaries turned into exotics because you turned them in within the same in-game second. Of course it was still very possible that you would have turned them in different in-game seconds. However, all those legendaries into exotics are not independently lucky.

You can see this in action by killing a bunch of enemies in PVE with a single sticky grenade. They will all drop the same ammo if killed at the exact same time.

Anyway, I am down for some private matches on Thursday evening if others are around.
You are right.. but the real kicker is getting the 4th one many seconds later.
dwit392
Haha, I didn't watch the whole video.
koadie
AG
Ph.D.Aggies said:

I am down to run another HM raid this week with my alts if we can put together a fireteam to do it. Tonight is out unless you want to start at like 9:30 central or later. But over the weekend or something sounds reasonable.
This is about my time this evening if anyone wants to do the raid.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Anybody else having issues with their ps4 after one of the recent updates?
Beezy2389
AG
What kind of issues? I've had the friends list and messages load pretty slowly sometimes.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Yeah just everything seeming to take longer. It seems like it takes longer for my PS4 to boot up, start games and takes forever to send/accept friend requests and party chats
koadie
AG
Anyone willing to help with outbreak prime?? I need the nightfall done
koadie
AG
Alright, so things I discovered last night.

I got the void exotic sword for fun, and two of us needed the same sword. We both got it at the end of it. If anyone is interested next week in getting the solar sword. I have a buddy who's willing to get it.
titanmaster_race
Raid tonight???
Beezy2389
AG
I'm ready
bevokilla
AG
Ill be on late so Ill be more than willing to hop in as an alternate if someone needs to leave
BreNayPop
AG
I would love to raid if i can finally get on
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I want in for the Raid
kill0509
AG
I'm a rock solid definitely maybe for tonight! Sorry, basketball practice started yesterday so the days start earlier now AND they run later as well.
koadie
AG
I'm in for the late raid!
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Is there a way to get party chat through your headphones, and game audio to come out of the tv/sound bar?
koadie
AG
Yeah it's a setting on the PlayStation
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Found it, I think
MBAR
AG
Mr.KyleReed said:

Found it, I think
Thats going to annoy the hell out of everyone who has to now listen to your game sound over the party chat.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I usually keep it low. Well actually I keep all audio going to my headphones, but my roommates been off recently and tries to watch but he couldnt hear since all audio went to my headphones.

But I'll just keep the volume down.
koadie
AG
MBAR said:

Mr.KyleReed said:

Found it, I think
Thats going to annoy the hell out of everyone who has to now listen to your game sound over the party chat.

True story!
dwit392
Trials is inferno with no revives on Cauldron. Get out your shotguns, should be ridiculous
Beezy2389
AG
Don't know if this will hurt or help me go flawless....
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
dwit392 said:

Trials is inferno with no revives on Cauldron. Get out your shotguns, should be ridiculous
koadie
AG
If you're really good with a fusion, now is the time to use it. People will be charging head first I bet. It's the passive ones who will probably go the furthest.

If you're going to push you better have excellent communication.

Edit: sorry I meant fusion.
Beezy2389
AG
Well it's no revives so I don't see why it's not just a snipers game

Edit: whoops was thinking it was Cathedral of Dusk for some reason. Much harder to snipe on Cauldron.
koadie
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Well it's no revives so I don't see why it's not just a snipers game

Edit: whoops was thinking it was Cathedral of Dusk for some reason. Much harder to snipe on Cauldron.

I was thinking about that too until I realized what the cauldron was. Took me a youtube video to remember which one it is.
Beezy2389
AG
We are about to run a normal raid if anyone who hasn't run it yet wants to join. We have 1 more spot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.