*****Official Destiny Year Three PS4 Thread*****

163,264 Views | 2302 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Saxsoon
BreNayPop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got the quest done on xbone. It's painful. Go with a team u like, because randos can suck. Just beat the raid and get your quest and that's half the battle. The rest of the quest is still a lot to do.

A competent raid team can do this super quick.
koadie
AG
Thus far, what's everyone's opinion of ROI? I think it looks great but was a weeeee bit short.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
Thus far, what's everyone's opinion of ROI? I think it looks great but was a weeeee bit short.

I enjoyed the story line, but could have done with a few more missions. The raid is fun, so glad it doesn't take as long as TTK raid did. Overall it's a good update, just wish there was a little more of everything.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Needed a few more story missions for sure. I like the idea of going back in time and explaining how pre-guardians fought for something to save humanity. We see their sacrifice and all that. They definitely made it too grindy to level up though -- we are back to Y1/TDB. HoW and TTK set guardians free in terms of leveling up -- this update is just silly.

You want to level fast? Store a bunch of exotic engrams, play Omnigul for 4-5 hours, then pop those, turn in 2000 motes of light at a faction and you will be #raidready. Just silly.

OH -- biggest complaint though --- Thorn quest was too easy and thorn has been nerfed too much. Now anybody can get thorn b/c of how easy the made the crucible part of the quest. Why, Bungie? Don't get all soft on me. It is an exotic with a quest -- it should be hard to earn (like old Thorn, The First Curse, Pocket Infinity, Chaperone, etc.). They made leveling hard but earning exotics a mix of RNG and just doing simple easy things. You can solo getting Ghally at like, 340 light. That shouldn't be how this works.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
Needed a few more story missions for sure. I like the idea of going back in time and explaining how pre-guardians fought for something to save humanity. We see their sacrifice and all that. They definitely made it too grindy to level up though -- we are back to Y1/TDB. HoW and TTK set guardians free in terms of leveling up -- this update is just silly.

You want to level fast? Store a bunch of exotic engrams, play Omnigul for 4-5 hours, then pop those, turn in 2000 motes of light at a faction and you will be #raidready. Just silly.

OH -- biggest complaint though --- Thorn quest was too easy and thorn has been nerfed too much. Now anybody can get thorn b/c of how easy the made the crucible part of the quest. Why, Bungie? Don't get all soft on me. It is an exotic with a quest -- it should be hard to earn (like old Thorn, The First Curse, Pocket Infinity, Chaperone, etc.). They made leveling hard but earning exotics a mix of RNG and just doing simple easy things. You can solo getting Ghally at like, 340 light. That shouldn't be how this works.
Bulldog73
AG
I think they heard the complaints of how it was too much of a grind for things and went way too far to make it easier. My issue with exotics wasn't that it was too easy, but they doled out the quest lines arbitrarily it seemed.

For a $30 expansion, I had hoped for a couple more missions, but the new crucible and raid seem like enough added content that I'm not too upset.
Tex117
AG
quote:

Please, vanilla Destiny (not How or TBD) was INSANE in how much grinding was required. The materials alone (those farming loops), took hours upon hours.

While ROI is a bit too grindy (not allowing blue engrams to decrypt past 340 is dumb), it is not near the insanity of vanilla.

spieg12
AG
I like the grind of ROI. I feel it's just right. It's nowhere near as bad as vanilla. I had a friend do 3 raids a week and never got that last piece to be level 30 until after TDB launched. And the material farms were crazy. I still remember doing chest farms on earth for spinmetal for hours on end. Now you can just buy it.
titanmaster_race
I like the switch from completely random drops to LL-dependent drops.

But the rate at which you get better drops in ROOM is too low. Might be their way to make the content last a little longer.
bevokilla
AG
I have not played the raid or read anything about it yet but my biggest complaint is that the raid was released the first weekend which made people feel like they had to grind their light level the fastest way possible. If they would have waited to release the raid I wouldn't have felt the need to queue up the 320 Fallen SABER strike over and over again to get the two random blues to try to get my light level up.
Bulldog73
AG
Also the hard strike are dropping already decrypted blues in the 240 range instead of current LL making them worthless currently.
Tex117
AG
TTK had a smooth progression curve...it may have slowed down once you approached 290 (ie, #raidready), but it never stopped.

ROI, you can absolutely stop on your progress. Hell, they pretty much say they stop you at 340 and 365.

spieg12
AG
I think it's the opposite. You never get stopped with ROI. There is always a way to continue leveling. There are streamers who had gear above 385 before the raid even came out.

Once you hit a certain light level the way to continue might change (365 blues to endgame and exotics for example) but it never stops.
Tex117
AG
quote:
I think it's the opposite. You never get stopped with ROI. There is always a way to continue leveling. There are streamers who had gear above 385 before the raid even came out.

Once you hit a certain light level the way to continue might change (365 blues to endgame and exotics for example) but it never stops.
Those streamers had cashed a zillion exotic engrams

For the average player, progess slows down considerable at 340 (blue engrams not decrypting higher...this is really a bad idea here), then again at 365 (even fewer options to level up).

No, I guess it doesn't STOP, but the range of activites and items that drop become more limited as you progress.
spieg12
AG
I'm fine with that. I feel that's the way this type of game should be. It should be harder to level as you get closer to endgame levels. At my curent light of 375, all I can do to level is the raid, exotics, and factions. This will expand once trials comes back and even further when iron banner is in town.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Also the hard strike are dropping already decrypted blues in the 240 range instead of current LL making them worthless currently.
If you choose a level 320 strike from the map and not from the playlist, the 2 blues that drop at the end are at your light level. If you do the 320 playlist they are capped at 340. The fastest way to grind up to 365 is to just continuously run the Fallen Saber strike at 320 off the map because you can skip almost everything after you throw the grenade in the coolant vent.
koadie
AG
FYI they patched the Omingul strike. You can no longer farm it continuously by wiping. She only drops once upon completing the strike.
Beezy2389
AG
They've also patched the few strikes that were dropping 240 level gear
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
When are people getting online today?
Beezy2389
AG
Hopefully soon! I need to finish the raid around 6 or 7 I think. Otherwise I can do it tomorrow
spieg12
AG
I don't get off until 7 today.
MBAR
AG
The story was OK, haven't done the raid yet so can't comment. It was definitely short. Everything about this game after the first expansion has just felt like a way to extend Destiny's life a bit more. It just feels like they're always playing catch up. Its still a good game, but honestly I don't get why it takes them so long to make such little content. Destiny 2 better be a ton of content or I won't pick it up. Definitely not a preorder for me, at this point.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:
When are people getting online today?

Should be on around 8 or 9 my time.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Trials of Osiris is back tomorrow.
And Iron Banner (Supremacy) is back Oct 4.
Saxsoon
AG
Bungie has recognized that the heroic strikes aren't counting to the book
atmdds03
AG
So I just got this game last weekend and have started playing through the storyline. How long should it take to be able to join in on the fun or did that ship sail about two years ago? Any pearls of wisdom for a newb?
koadie
AG
quote:
So I just got this game last weekend and have started playing through the storyline. How long should it take to be able to join in on the fun or did that ship sail about two years ago? Any pearls of wisdom for a newb?
You got the game and are playing from the beginning yes? Once you get to lvl 40 you should be good to go on quite a bit of fun. I recommend making sure you are always equipping your highest light level items, and pick a faction at the tower. Patrols and public events are worth more now, so anytime you see one I'd suggest picking those up.

Crucible is now dropping good weapons instead of ingrams, check that out too. Once you get to about 310-315 (recommended 320) light level, start the RIO missions and you'll get 340 drops. Also, include your gamer tag here. Everyone on this thread is really good at helping one another out. Beezy helped me with a number of things, and we do try to coordinate to get on at the same time.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Take your time and enjoy it. Go through at your own pace. If you feel the story is too much of a grind, get with some on the clan (join the clan) and ask to run some crucible (or archons forge if you have Rise of Iron).

In my opinion the story from vanilla up to Taken King was easy to get burnt out on. It seems it wasnt until Taken King and RoI until there seems to be more emphasis on story.

For me when I got Destiny (about a month after taken king) I was fortunate that I had a friend that played since Y1. He did some of the missions with me. We did the missions in order of expansion so it wasn't so confusing.

If you have questions, ask here. People on here are more than willing to give their input.

Happy Hunting Guardian.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Xur is back in the tower. He's in the hangar having a few of ForrestFires brewed beers at the bar.

Here's what he has for sale.

Legacy Engram [Leg armour] 31SC
The Armamentarium [Exotic Titan chest armour] 13SC
Sealed Ahamkara Grasps [Exotic Hunter gauntlets] 13SC
Voidfang Vestments [Exotic Warlock chest armour] 13SC
MIDA Multi-Tool [Exotic scout rile] 17SC
Heart of Gold Truth Ornament 25SD
Iconoclast Invective Ornament 25SD
Three of Coins 7SC
Glass Needle 3SC
BreNayPop
AG
I need all these!!!
Bulldog73
AG
Any idea the LL of those?
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I think everythings at 350
bevokilla
AG
Mr.KyleReed said:

I think everythings at 350
Correct
kill0509
AG
So, raid tonight? This week has been an avalanche basically and I haven't been on nearly as often as I would have liked. So, i'm shooting some stuff!! Anyone else want in on the action? I have 3 characters that can raid now!
Beezy2389
AG
Yes, p.s. item manager seems to be down. Surprise surprise.

edit: actually its all of Bungie.net. Game still seems to be working though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.