*****Official Destiny Year Three PS4 Thread*****

163,263 Views | 2302 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Saxsoon
Mr.KyleReed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry guys, thought that would work.
Boogie05
AG
If anyone is up for getting a second raid group together, count me in. Or if the first needs another, I'll join. Just shoot me a message on the PSN. I'm working on some grading, but my PS4 will be on.
Beezy2389
AG
Ok I hate to say it but who wants to farm Omnigul for skeleton keys? Heroic can drop keys and its solar burn. 3 hunters, 2 celestial nighthawks, 1 tether will kill her immediately
Drake aTm
AG
quote:
Ok I hate to say it but who wants to farm Omnigul for skeleton keys? Heroic can drop keys and its solar burn. 3 hunters, 2 celestial nighthawks, 1 tether will kill her immediately

Bulldog73
AG
Too bad I just have a titan.
Saxsoon
AG
I can raid this Sunday. I will be back in Texas for a wedding Friday but will be back Saturday night.
Saxsoon
AG
I am 365 now
spieg12
AG
quote:
quote:

This x1000
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Thank you to beezy and epic, I started the night around 350, after farming I'm at 364 (artifact still in the 350's).

Also to Robert and beezy/kill/tmoney last night for the farming too. Last night started around 340 and got up to 350's

Yall ain't so bad, I dont care what mid says about yall
FightinTexasAg15
AG
New exotic raid quest/weapon found

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/54uogf/spoiler_datto_just_solved_the_monitor_puzzle/
titanmaster_race
Work has been and will continue to be insane this week.....won't be on to raid until Friday night at the earliest.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
If I have to do some cheese farming to grind my level up to do the raid then I'm just going to stick to pvp. That kinda stuff is what made me leave after Y1
BreNayPop
AG
You definitely dont have to do it that way. Running game content and leveling up slowly is a legit way to play...

Flip side tho, is that with solar burn on siva strikes, if you run the omnigul strike using 3 hunters (one tether and 2 nighthawks) she goes down with just your supers- no heavy needed. Rinse and repeat for about 10 levels an hour to a max of 365. Plus, farm for an extra 30 mins to make sure all your other characters also have plenty of 365 gear. Then you are raid and pvp ready after one painful afternoon.

I will help you if thats what you want.
BreNayPop
AG
I saw that and want to run the raid tonight... so awesome!!!
dwit392
Yeah, I feel the same way. Even grinding for the artifacts at 350 made me want to quit. I will probably be 345 for a while slowly moving up whenever I get a lucky drops. Trials will probably be hard at 345, but it might help level up faster.
Bulldog73
AG
I could probably afford to do that with my hunter. He hasn't been touched but ghost, weapons, and remnants from my titan he'd probably be 347 or so.
BreNayPop
AG
Thats plenty high enough. Lower level hunter tether and other 2 night hawk and its rinse and repeat.
Beezy2389
AG
How?....People are nuts...
titanmaster_race
quote:
Even grinding for the artifacts at 350 climbing Fellwinter peak made me want to quit.

FIFY

The rage was so real. And hilarious.
MBAR
AG
Yeah, I'm at 347 and its already feeling like a massive grind. Definitely will probably just pvp from here on out. I don't want to do gimmicky strikes with a burn over and over just to level up.
Beezy2389
AG
So if anyone wants to know how they figured out the exotic quest.

This is spoiler free

That site I linked above for the ARG is fairly unique per person it will give you 5 nodes and a huge wall of text. That text can be decrypted using some crazy code key analyzer thing which results in a JPG that's a square with those nodes on either side. The community found a way to easily submit your code, nodes, etc. 1,500 submissions later, they compiled the list and took the images and matched the nodes on either side resulting in a map of a particular room of the raid. Using this and some math/computer knowledge, they were able to piece some things together and figure out how to make it all work.

This is the 1st ARG that really had a direct impact on the game and it was a crazy one.

Here's a more understandable (but container Raid Spoilers) description: Here
Bulldog73
AG
So what I hear you saying is that you'll walk me through it with baby steps in about 3 months?
Beezy2389
AG
No amount of time will help me understand what actually happened. I think that Bungie's plan was to have the smart guys in the community figure it out and lets them tell everybody. There's no way they expected casuals to figure it out. Fortunately the steps are pretty well written out on Reddit but I don't want to spoil it for anyone here.
Beezy2389
AG
Just to clarify, now that it's been solved that site with the nodes is irrelevant but I can still help people out on our next run. Are we still getting a run in tonight?
Mr.KyleReed
AG
quote:
Just to clarify, now that it's been solved that site with the nodes is irrelevant but I can still help people out on our next run. Are we still getting a run in tonight?
I would like to take the spot of the low LL guy that gets carried
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I would love to run tonight, but as I have mentioned to a few of you guys, I teach a class that ends around 8:30 central time and then I have to catch a train back home -- so I wouldn't be able to start until 9:15 central at the earliest. So if you assemble a group before I am home and all that then do it to it, lads!
BreNayPop
AG
If my xbone group doesnt run it, im in for a raid tonight
Saxsoon
AG
Would anyone want to try the raid this Sunday and do this exotic quest?
spieg12
AG
Holy carp that ARG took some serious brain power and computing to figure out. That's crazy.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Holy carp that ARG took some serious brain power and computing to figure out. That's crazy.

No ****
Not only do I feel like a filthy casual, but i feel like a dunce
Bulldog73
AG
I fee smarter actually as I didn't waste time figuring that out.
titanmaster_race
quote:
Would anyone want to try the raid this Sunday and do this exotic quest?

I'm in. Not available until early Sunday afternoon though.
Boogie05
AG
I'm free for a raid tonight. Just shoot me an invite.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Sunday I should be in.. I might be brewing beer depending on time of day, but that seems flexible.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Sunday I should be in.. I might be brewing beer depending on time of day, but that seems flexible.

Like a true northwesterner

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.