*****Official Destiny Year Three PS4 Thread*****

159,827 Views | 2302 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Saxsoon
Jack Burton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can run either titan or warlock for Bananas and I should be on this evening as well

Unless something silly happens I should be down for a Raid anytime as well (assuming it's not all jumping puzzles)
koadie
AG
fantastic! I may finally get this stupid weapon!
koadie
AG
On now if anyone wants run IB in a fire team. I've been doing well then having teams are obviously in groups of 2 or three come back to beat us
Jack Burton
AG
My handle is JackBurton04 and I'm just running around killing and being killed in the Iron Banana right now
kill0509
AG
Sorry guys, I should online later this week. Went to triple OT tonight for our ball game so it was a little bit stressful!
Mr.KyleReed
AG
did you at least win?
kill0509
AG
We did, won by 6 icing it at the free throw line.
titanmaster_race
kill0509 said:

We did, won by 6 icing it at the free throw line.

Niiice
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Can you coach D1??
koadie
AG
aggieREX11 said:

Can you coach D1??
Please? Also, where do you coach? My wife is a coach in Spring Branch.
Bulldog73
AG
Nicely done. I can't recall the last time we hit 6 free throws in a game, much less in crunch time**. Stupid basketball.

**This is hyperbole, we went 8-14 last night which, while not good, is better than our season average (ugh).
kill0509
AG
Haha, I wish!! This is my first year and I'm not about to take credit for what the coaching staff has accomplished this year! We have an awesome staff with a ton of experience, collectively. I still have a TON to learn on this game and probably don't need to be a D1 coach with all of the babysitting garbage you have to do with recruits nowadays.

I'm guessing this is a direct reference to A&M, though, and I'll be glad to talk Aggie basketball anytime! IMO, we sorely need a PG who can break down a defense and just general depth. We lost so many seniors from last year and are replacing them with inexperience/walkons. Not a good recipe, especially losing Calldwell. Corprew would have even helped a ton, but we knew he was a longshot when we went after him anyways. Don't sleep on Vela, he just needs time to adjust to the culture, expectations, rules, etc over here. He'll be a good one!
Jack Burton
AG
Bouncy ball
MBAR
AG
Since we're talking basketball now...lol...

It KILLS me how every thread about basketball in the other forums is basically "Fire Kennedy". I think this team is broken right now, but I definitely think if they just get some ball handling guards they'll be fine. I'm definitely sad by how Gilder has played in this regard this year though, but a lot of this teams struggles right now is youth. People underrate how important those seniors we had last year were.

Mr.KyleReed
AG
Losing Caruso I feel hurt us more that House or Jones.
kill0509
AG
I watched Caruso play in HS and knew then he would be a solid player in college. He's had some bright spots in the DLeague as well. He needs to become a better shooter to make it to the NBA. His dunk the other night was filthy! Caruso's biggest strength is his court vision. It's why he had so many steals and assists. He is not quick at all, but he sees things as they develop instead of reacting to them and so he is in position so often. Think like a Dat Nguyen in football. They just have a knack for being in the right place at the right time!

** Edited to add in the highlight from Caruso's dunk the other night. They had this in a couple of threads on the basketball board a couple of nights ago when it happened.

Mr.KyleReed
AG
Completely agree about his vision. Sick dunk
kill0509
AG
Just my thoughts, but we are playing Gilder out of position. He needs to be a SG, or the secondary player on a set play. He doesn't need to be the one running the show and getting everyone in position or trying to break down a guy and make something happen. He needs to be attacking off of a catch after a reversal or coming off of a screen. Gilder is trying to fill 3 roles this year, IMO, and that's TOUGH in basketball. He is a lockdown defender for us on one end, and then we are asking him to be a PG as well as a guy to go and get a shot off when we need a bucket on the offensive end. We had two guys covering those roles last year, plus depth behind them. Caruso would set up the offense and House was our go to guy when we needed a bucket. On defense, we could put Caruso, Gilder, or even House when he was playing well on the other team's best scoring options. This year, all of this is being put on Gilder. Now, having a Davis and Williams behind you helps on backside defense, but Gilder is shouldering a LOT right now for the Ags. We desperately need a PG in so many ways. Losing Caldwell hurt us, big time!
kill0509
AG
I remember having this conversation one of the nights on Destiny! How's her season going? I'll shoot you a message on the PSN to answer your question. Most folks probably already know who I am on here, but our head coach purposely tries to keep a low profile on our team and staff. There isn't much info out there on our team, even on maxpreps and such.
Drake aTm
AG
Back to tears!

Edit:wrong thread
Tex117
AG
I don't know who you are kill.

Im out of the loop.

Destiny 2 out yet?
Bulldog73
AG
Who are you, Kill? You don't know my life!
kill0509
AG
Yeah, yeah, yeah... Did y'all ever figure out if you have to coach the tournament?
koadie
AG
kill0509 said:

I remember having this conversation one of the nights on Destiny! How's her season going? I'll shoot you a message on the PSN to answer your question. Most folks probably already know who I am on here, but our head coach purposely tries to keep a low profile on our team and staff. There isn't much info out there on our team, even on maxpreps and such.
Her kids have made progress. Which is big because they aren't athletes. I mean that in the nicest possible way. The Christmas break really hurt them as far as their defensive rotation. They have a big girl who's soft, and a few weeks ago got pissed and finally started using her size. I think they were tied for 3rd at one point in district, but have since fallen because of a lack of practice and self-motivation at home during holidays.

The good news is that her varsity coach wants her to coach JV next year (she's freshman A), the bad news is I'm not sure he's going to have a job. She and I met and we were both coaches so we both evaluate her games, and I don't see him being a long-term option.

And I totally understand no biggy! I'm sure you told me when we did the raid together and I just forgot!
Bulldog73
AG
kill0509 said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Did y'all ever figure out if you have to coach the tournament?
Nah, I'll be coaching the JV & varsity game tonight.
koadie
AG
Anyone on his evening??
Jack Burton
AG
Welp, my internets took a crap. Y'all have fun tonight!
kill0509
AG
Would if I could. Still out of town and got practice in the morning at 9:00.
koadie
AG
Jack Burton said:

Welp, my internets took a crap. Y'all have fun tonight!

Bummer hope you get that worked out
Coby
AG
So uh....anyone here still play decently often?

I'm a pretty new player, but I believe I've gone through mostly all of the stories. My light level is at 364 and I'm about to start doing heroics to get up to 385. I mostly play with 1 or 2 other Aggies. I have yet to do a Raid though as we've never gotten enough players, and I haven't done any PvP yet either. Kind of nervous to do it since I'm still pretty new to Destiny. Chances are that I'm going to get absolutely demolished.

Anyways...I didn't even think about looking up a TexAgs thread until today. If anyone is looking to play occasionally I'm on PS4 as cobizzle (same as my handle). I did join the Texas Aggies clan earlier this evening.

Beezy2389
AG
Welcome!

Unfortunately, It's pretty dead right now. You'll find this game will consume your life for several months and then you'll end up taking a month or more off once the content runs dry. Typically, it'll pull most of us back in when new major content gets released but I'm not sure when the next one is. Some people will get back on for Iron Banner (week-long PvP event once a month, specific game type with specific high light rewards) which I believe is usually towards the end of the month but don't hold me to that.

I wouldn't mind doing a raid or two soon if we can get the people together. Any raid in particular you want to try? By the way, you can finish Crota's End with only 4 people I believe (you can technically do it with less, even solo, but you'll need to glitch a small part of it which you can learn how to do on youtube.)

If anyone is interested in raiding let me know and we'll get a list going.

edit: Also don't fret about getting beat up in PvP. The only real high level PvP is Trials of Osiris which is the 3v3 sweat-fest on weekends. You can also do private matches with your buddies to learn the maps as well.
koadie
AG
I play a couple times a week around 9 PM central.
titanmaster_race
no word still on destiny 2?
koadie
AG
Activision had a stakeholder meeting a week or so ago, still on track for 2017. Expect September. If you see nothing at E3, expect a delay.
Pac1698
AG
Me and a few others are still very active. We are always looking for more people to play with, especially for the Raids and Iron banner. My psn is boomer1698. We can try to help you with any of the game modes (the exception being Trials, which we are not very good at) and get you up to the 400 light level.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.