***TEXANS 2017 OFF SEASON***

230,819 Views | 2518 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TrillOBrien
TrillOBrien
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggie1906 said:

W said:

at #25...best player available please
What if the best player on the Texans board is a 3-4 DE?
trade out of the first
AgsMyDude
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

My guess is the strategy looks something like
1) Take Watson or Mahomes if available at 25
2) If step 1 doesn't apply then take best OT
3) If you feel like you are reaching at step 2 then trade out of 1st or take best player available

This. 100% this. I'd even consider maybe picking up a safety if one mid round guy slid down to. Otherwise exactly what you said.
W
AG
aggie1906 said:

W said:

can you have enough quality pass rushers or run stuffers?

especially with Clowney's and now J.J.'s injury history?
chjoak
AG
aggie1906 said:

chjoak said:

aggie1906 said:

W said:

Depends if they plan to move Clowney back to LB and/or if you think you will be able to re-sign Clowney.
Not likely the pick I would make but you could justify it depending on the circumstances.
Let's assume they plan on keeping Clowney on the line most of the time.
If they plan to continue using him as a 3-4DE and they expect to re-sign him, I would pick 2nd best player on my board or look for a trade partner to move back.
bilbobag
Sounds like Titans have a deal in place to trade. Suitors it seems is Cleveland
gougler08
AG
bilbobag said:

Going back up to get Trubisky I guess?
MelvinUdall
bilbobag said:

Interesting so they want to grab Trubisky ahead of the Jets?
Agstro
AG
Now lets make a deal with Titans and move to 12.
LilSebastian13
AG
Would be hilarious to see JAX or SF take him.
rbcs_2
AG
That's why it's just in place. They won't execute until the Titans are on the clock. Although the scenario you are describing is just such a Browns thing to do.
Post removed:
by user
Ag_07
AG
So lemme get this straight...

CLE drafts Myles at 1.1
CLE trades up from 1.12 with TEN to get to 1.5
CLE drafts Trubisky at 1.5
rbcs_2
AG
Houston media has been talking about O'Brien leaving since last mid season.
MelvinUdall
Ag_07 said:

CLE drafts Myles at 1.1

I guess they like Trubisky and they may believe that Jets will take him at 6.
MelvinUdall
third coast.. said:

Lots of talk on the radio about this being bobs last year so he won't really get much input on who is drafted, especially at qb. First I've seen or heard that

Then they should have fired him after last season and not just keep him around for one more season, makes no sense.
AgsMyDude
AG
Ag_07 said:

CLE drafts Myles at 1.1

They have an ass ton of picks in this and next year's drafts might as well use some to get who they want.
Ag_07
AG
Hennessy11 said:

Ag_07 said:

CLE drafts Myles at 1.1

They have an ass ton of picks in this and next year's drafts might as well use some to get who they want.

I agree and I don't think it's that bad of a move.

They get their #1 overall pick in Myles and the make their owner happy in getting the QB they want.
Farmer1906
AG
We shouldn't fire BOB at all. He's built a good team with **** at QB. I know the conference is weak, but we could easily be much much worse. Let's pick a QB and let's see what he's got. If the QB fails and we lose then fire him.
Buck Compton
AG
third coast.. said:

Lots of talk on the radio about this being bobs last year so he won't really get much input on who is drafted, especially at qb. First I've seen or heard that
Radio guys are blow-hards. Is it possible BOB is gone after next year? Sure. But direct info from bilbo is that the internal struggle around Brock gave BOB a lot more lee-way and say in things even with Rick still around.

I'll take his word for it.
rbcs_2
AG
aggie1906 said:

We shouldn't fire BOB at all. He's built a good team with **** at QB. I know the conference is weak, but we could easily be much much worse. Let's pick a QB and let's see what he's got. If the QB fails and we lose then fire him.

All that talk started because of a Jay Glazer tweet about how he wouldn't be surprised to see O'Brien out in Houston. I don't know how legit any of the behind the scenes stuff was, but I think the biggest issue O'Brien had is now shipped off to Cleveland.
Post removed:
by user
bilbobag
Quote:

This is such a load of crap.

He has more say and control at this point than he has ever had. He just managed with the help of his GM to unload a turd QB that he nor his players could stand. He's restructured his staff.

Bob is going all in this year to prove the naysayers wrong. Now with that will come some risks and his contract is coming up too..

To say it's an important year for him is true but to say he's out the door with no say in the draft is dumb.

I can promise OB could be fired tomorrow and he would have a new job in the works by the time he gets home.

That's why I believe if there is a QB at 25 that OB wants, that will be the pick. The key is will that player be there. It could also be that the QB he wants will be drafted on day two too.
Post removed:
by user
Ag_07
AG
Guys...bilbo keeps saying the same things over and over and yet some of yall don't want to listen. You guys can keep putting stock into what is being said by the media guys, but for me I'll stick with bilbo.

Farmer1906
AG
Reading Bilbo's post the last few days here is what I got. We like Mahomes and to a lesser extend Watson. We would take either at 25, but it doesn't sound like either will. We don't love them enough to move up or moving up with just cost too much and we're already down a 2nd round pick next year. Because of this we're targeted a few OL (Ramczyk or maybe Lamp if he's around) and will settle for someone else later. Webb, Kizer, and Peterman are all named so IDK where he's leaning.

Quote:

That's why I believe if there is a QB at 25 that OB wants, that will be the pick. The key is will that player be there. It could also be that the QB he wants will be drafted on day two too.
Quote:

LZ is saying that because he believes all three will be gone before the Texans pick. That would be worse case scenario for the Texans to not have a choice and if did play out like that, I would trade out.
Quote:

Thoughts on Cal's Davis Webb..
Quote:

Lots of smoke on Mahommes but to me it would be a toss if Watson and Mahommes weee both available at 25..

I will say this, Welker going to Mahommes was no accident..

It will just depend on how things play out.. 2-3 trades possible
Quote:

If we go OL, I like Ramczyk much better
Quote:

I just don't see Lamp being available at 25
Quote:

There is no doubt the Texans are interested in a QB. However, to me, there isn't any QB's in this draft worth shipping off future 1st round picks to get one. That's why I think Kizer/Peterman are better options.

I do believe and others do to, the Texans need to come away with the combination of OT and QB with their first two selections. The wild card would be a hybrid Safety. You could CB too but this class I loaded so you could wait.
Quote:

My point on Watson is he falls past Arizona. I think he could be gone before Arizona picks possibly.

This draft will be a little crazy

bilbobag
Little bit of a reach saying Mahommes over Watson. It's who is available or who are you willing to move up for without mortgaging picks..

There is so much info circulating right now my head hurts.

Bottom line is it will all depend on how the draft plays out.
rbcs_2
AG
There's a rumor swirling that the Browns will draft Garrett at #1, trade up to #5, and then trade #5 to the Pats for Jimmy Garoppolo. A little bit of a crazy scenario, but QBs could slide if it plays out that way.
Ag_07
AG
I've got to say this draft really seems like the most unpredictable one in a long time. Not just for the Texans but for everyone.

I have a feeling tonight could be pretty wild.
AgsMyDude
AG
I'm getting they same thing. They obviously are prioritizing QB in this draft but not so much so that they'd leverage our future on one. Hopefully the right one falls to us.

I think it's pretty important for OB to be given the chance to pick out his guy and be able to develop him. Almost every coach in the league (outside of the ones that came into a team with a franchise guy) has had that shot. OB should be no different.
AgsMyDude
AG
rbcs_2 said:

There's a rumor swirling that the Browns will draft Garrett at #1, trade up to #5, and then trade #5 to the Pats for Jimmy Garoppolo. A little bit of a crazy scenario, but QBs could slide if it plays out that way.

Imagine if the Pats were able to add someone like Fournette
MelvinUdall
Hennessy11 said:

rbcs_2 said:

Imagine if the Pats were able to add someone like Fournette

That would be a pretty un-Patriot thing for them to do, meaning drafting Fournette.
chjoak
AG
rbcs_2 said:

Not sure why it would take a #5 for JG. Seems like #12 would be sufficient.
MelvinUdall
chjoak said:

rbcs_2 said:

That brings up a good point, if Garopolo was available and the Texans could trade for him with the #25, would you pull that trigger?
lunchbox
chjoak said:

rbcs_2 said:

Unless McCaffrey is who the Pats covet. He makes more sense to me than Fournette.
rbcs_2
AG
I'd say you're right, but the Pats already said no to #12.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.