***TEXANS 2017 OFF SEASON***

230,825 Views | 2518 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TrillOBrien
shano0603
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nhayden said:

shano0603 said:

I would love Peppers at 25, that's for sure.... Looking at our current drafts picks, will we get comp picks for Bouye, Simon and Demps?

If so, AND we take Peppers at 25, I think you package our second rounder and 3rd rounder, to get a QB or OL. Then our two 4ths to get the other.

I think it depends on what you get done with OL between now and the draft and what happens at QB.
We need to take a QB either way... It will just depend which pick you use on him. If we get Romo, our first rounder needs to be a QB.
lunchbox
nhayden said:

shano0603 said:

I would love Peppers at 25, that's for sure.... Looking at our current drafts picks, will we get comp picks for Bouye, Simon and Demps?

If so, AND we take Peppers at 25, I think you package our second rounder and 3rd rounder, to get a QB or OL. Then our two 4ths to get the other.

I think it depends on what you get done with OL between now and the draft and what happens at QB.
FA OL is pretty much dried up.
MelvinUdall
lunchbox said:

nhayden said:

shano0603 said:

I know nothing about this guy, but they have the guy from Carolina coming in today or tomorrow. I am sure if they grab him he will be this years version of Chris Clark.
Farmer1906
AG
shano0603 said:

I don't like Peppers at all in the first. Isn't he projected to be a S at the next level. While it is a need, if we move Kareem then it's a lower need and this draft is deep at S.

I would much rather grab the best CB/OL in the first and second then Peterman in the 3rd (rough guess based on projections) then go S and best available in the 4th(2x). Of course, it is all fluid, but I think that plan addresses the needs best and sets us up with a QB of the future without having to spend a first because I don't really believe in any of the first rounders this year.
M.C. Swag
AG
This draft is loaded with CBs.
CFTXAG10
AG
Not that he knows anything, but......

lunchbox
nhayden said:

lunchbox said:

nhayden said:

shano0603 said:

I know nothing about this guy, but they have the guy from Carolina coming in today or tomorrow. I am sure if they grab him he will be this years version of Chris Clark.

He gone.
bdgol07
AG
Wonder if this is true.... Makes sense but the fact is from Facebook makes me skeptical.....

Reports are saying Jerry Jones doesn't want Tony Romo to sign with the Texans to protect his brand in Texas. That's why the trade angle is being worked so he can control where Romo ends up... kinda ****ty of Jerry if you ask me.
LilSebastian13
AG
I guess that'll work. If he can actually get someone to trade for him. But teams know he's going to be released so why give something up?
Max Power
AG
bdgol07 said:

Wonder if this is true.... Makes sense but the fact is from Facebook makes me skeptical.....

Reports are saying Jerry Jones doesn't want Tony Romo to sign with the Texans to protect his brand in Texas. That's why the trade angle is being worked so he can control where Romo ends up... kinda ****ty of Jerry if you ask me.

Still only works if the Texans or Broncos are willing to give up something to take him and his current contract, won't happen. He's either the most expensive backup in the league next year or Jerry releases him.
CFTXAG10
AG
Not sure what to make of Hops comments on Savage. Lip service since he's expecting more $? Or legit likes him as the starter?
MelvinUdall
CFTXAG10 said:

Not sure what to make of Hops comments on Savage. Lip service since he's expecting more $? Or legit likes him as the starter?

Means he is being a good teammate and not throwing a teammate under the bus.
cc10106
bdgol07 said:

Reports are saying Jerry Jones doesn't want Tony Romo to sign with the Texans to protect his brand in Texas.
Farmer1906
AG
bdgol07 said:

Seems like a pretty crappy move for a GM to make. Keeps him as a backup for that salary hurts your chances of getting better. Him going to Houston has almost zero negative effect on the Cowgirls' chances of winning actual football games.
Ag_07
AG
Not buying that.

A) Jerry isn't that dumb. He knows that Romo going to the Texans doesn't set him back and keeping him does.

B) Jerry isn't that insecure about his brand. He knows he's the top dog in the state. The Texans aren't anywhere on his radar. Especially when talking about them infringing on his brand.
MaxPower
Cutting Romo only saves $5m for 2017 and most good FA have already signed. I am not a Cowboys fan but waiting for a Bridgewater situation may make sense. A bunch of teams will likely still have $ left after free agency ends. There are simply too many teams with cap space and no one worth paying.
MaxPower
I forgot to add, keeping Romo to trade him later is a disservice to Romo. If I were Romo, the gloves would be off now. I'd tell Jerry cut me in 24 hours or I will tell any team reading for me I'm retiring. If he cuts him after the season an NFC East Team will be his top target. It's all up to Tony to play his cards. If that happens then is it worth waiting for a 6th rounder?
BMX Bandit
So you'd throw away all the goodwill and great reputation you'd earned to act like whiny beech?

Going to guess Romo doesn't go that route.

Reports are Jerrah is going to do right by Romo

Also, what if his bluff gets called and he's shipped to Buffalo or Cleveland? Romo wants to play. "Playing that card" may not get him what he wants
dmart90
AG
Saw the Bears release Cutler. Would you rather have him or Romo? I've never been a Cutler fan - he reminds me a lot of Jeff George...
lunchbox
MaxPower said:

Cutting Romo only saves $5m for 2017 and most good FA have already signed. I am not a Cowboys fan but waiting for a Bridgewater situation may make sense. A bunch of teams will likely still have $ left after free agency ends. There are simply too many teams with cap space and no one worth paying.

I think the cap number is different after June 1st so it doesn't make a difference when they cut him before then. Makes sense to hold on to him for a couple of extra days to see if anyone bites. I predict he gets cut by end of March.
BMX Bandit
"Post June 1" makes a difference on which year the dead money is allocated to.

But they can release him now & designate June 2

And date is actually in May now
CFTXAG10
AG
More of the same....

TrillOBrien
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

When you put up with Osweiller for a season, you're thankful to have a guy that actually throws the ball to you in a game
AgsMyDude
AG
Report: Cowboys not expected to find trade for Romo; release still likely
http://www.thescore.com/news/1252280
shano0603
AG
Hennessy11 said:

Report: Cowboys not expected to find trade for Romo; release still likely
http://www.thescore.com/news/1252280

i think that bodes well for us
AgsMyDude
AG
Quote:

Schefter's report seemingly confirms the significant difference between the Cowboys themselves having such an expectation, and the willingness of other teams to get involved in such a manner.

Classic Jerry
hph6203
AG
What you want and what you can get being in incongruency is not a flaw in logic when other opportunities are present. Trading a player for less than your other options present is incredibly dumb.
Buck Compton
AG
hph6203 said:

What you want and what you can get being in incongruency is not a flaw in logic when other opportunities are present. Trading a player for less than your other options present is incredibly dumb.
Guessing you are a Cowboys fan? Wtf are Jerry's other options that people keep parroting?
AgsMyDude
AG
hph6203 said:

when other opportunities are present.

ac
bdgol07 said:

Sounds silly, Jerry wants to get the most possible in a trade. If the Texans make the best offer, Romo is Houston bound. Plus, Houston may be Romo's preferred destination as he can remain close to whatever kind of fancy home he has in Dallas.
Buck Compton
AG
ac said:

bdgol07 said:

Sounds silly, Jerry wants to get the most possible in a trade. If the Texans make the best offer, Romo is Houston bound. Plus, Houston may be Romo's preferred destination as he can remain close to whatever kind of fancy home he has in Dallas.
There won't be any offer whatsoever. Dallas has absolutely no leverage. ZERO. How can everyone but Dallas and its fans see this?
MaxPower
Like I said, Jerry can just keep him. It's not much cap savings this year (though it would help with 2018). I'd guess he is hoping the Texans sign Cutler first then he can make the move.

As for Romo, he would not be the whiny girl if he came out and made a stink. He was a good soldier after losing his job last year. Jerry is pretty much hosing the franchise's best player of the last two decades. If anyone loses from Romo dropping bombs now, it's Jerry. What free agent wants to sign there if this is how they treat the franchise player?
BMX Bandit
Romo's treatment is going to have zero bearing on future free agents signing with the Cowboys.

Buck Compton
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Romo's treatment is going to have zero bearing on future free agents signing with the Cowboys.

True. And they won't keep Romo because of how crazy the fan base is. Dal has a sophomore slump and everyone is going to freak out in the DFW media.

And the problem isn't only the cap savings this year, it's about avoiding the cap hit next year as well.
Max Power
AG
Couldn't recall if this came up before, pretty ugly.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/12/week-17-altercation-was-last-straw-for-texans-and-osweiler/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.