***TEXANS 2017 OFF SEASON***

230,814 Views | 2518 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TrillOBrien
rbcs_2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh no said:

AZ knows Carson Palmer is washed up and Drew Stanton is now their answer. They are probably in the same boat as Texans - wondering if anyone in this class is worth it for round 1 vs who can they get in rounds 2-3-4.

I say this because I think the Cardinals are a smart organization and would be surprised if they had a QB in their top 13.
mAgnoliAg
AG
bilbobag said:

So much info flying around..

Watch Arizona at #13, if Watson makes it past them, I could see Texans trading up for him.
Max Power
AG
bilbobag said:

So much info flying around..

Watch Arizona at #13, if Watson makes it past them, I could see Texans trading up for him.
That's the key pick for us in the first round. Cleveland has to be thinking QB at 12. I think that Arizona might not have any intention to take a QB in the first. Fitzgerald might have as much football left in him as Palmer, they might be looking to replace Fitzgerald in the first rather than Palmer. They lost Floyd as well and if you look at their roster at WR it's lacking.

If any quality QB gets past Arizona we have to look at trading up because everyone behind Houston is very aware of the QB situation and any teams interested in those QBs will try to get in front of us.

I wonder if Rick Smith would even trade up to 13 to get a QB of interest. To jump up 12 spots won't be cheap. Figure it would cost us our 1st and 2nd potentially to get there. And we have no 2nd next year because of the Brock trade.

Any idea if Houston has offered their first for Garoppalo? The window for the Pats to get something for him before becoming a UFA is closing. I know they supposedly wouldn't trade him to Cleveland for the 12, but I think that's just a bluff.

Watson is the only QB in the draft I'm interested in for the first round. If he gets past Arizona I hope they make the moves to get him.
oh no
AG
Max Power said:

And we have no 2nd next year because of the Brock trade.

rbcs_2
AG
I don't understand the fascination with Watson. There are definitely things about him that I really like, but I don't think he's accurate enough to be an solid NFL QB.
TrillOBrien
AG
Random thought but why the hell hasn't Larry Izzo been fired yet
Pahdz
samin23 said:

Hell it took them forever and a day to fire Marciano.

That said, it was real sad to see how bad teams were for the Texans last year, I had high expectations when Izzo came on board.
CFTXAG10
AG
rbcs_2
AG
Pahdz said:

samin23 said:

Hell it took them forever and a day to fire Marciano.

That said, it was real sad to see how bad teams were for the Texans last year, I had high expectations when Izzo came on board.

I guess the offense was so putrid that I didn't really notice.
bilbobag
My point on Watson is he falls past Arizona. I think he could be gone before Arizona picks possibly.

This draft will be a little crazy
bilbobag
Izzo is a good coach. He is however not a special teams guru
rbcs_2
AG
bilbobag said:

My point on Watson is he falls past Arizona. I think he could be gone before Arizona picks possibly.

Yeah but that also implies that Watson is the #2 QB on the Texans draft board. I don't believe that to be the case, but that's just speculation on my part.
Mr.Bond
AG
rbcs_2 said:

bilbobag said:

Yeah but that also implies that Watson is the #2 QB on the Texans draft board. I don't believe that to be the case, but that's just speculation on my part.

You're responding to a guy who probably had a, part in putting the draft board together
rbcs_2
AG
All I said was I don't think Watson is the Texans #2 QB in the draft. But I know bilbo has serious insider knowledge.
Agstro
AG
Still holding out hope that Mahomes is our number one target, but very intrigued by Watson. Would be happy getting either one. If somehow we have the opportunity to pick between the two of them, either at 25 or by trading up, I'm really hoping the Texans don't pass on Mahomes' arm talent, so long as the Texans have some comfort level in his intangibles.

Love what Watson brings to the table though, just concerned about the accuracy. We know full well that we can't win with a turnover machine at qb. I hope he is not that and do not really think that he is, but the Texans can't be wrong about that.
oh no
AG
any chance we roll with the savage and then make a serious move to draft Jarrett Stidham out of Auburn next year?
mAgnoliAg
AG
What makes you more confident in Mahomes accuracy than Watson's?
ac04
mahomes has some bad habits, but i have no concerns over his accuracy. watson can be kind of all over the place.
Agstro
AG
Quantity of interceptions is the primary factor that gives me pause on Watson and raise accuracy concerns. That coupled with lower ball velocity could be signs of trouble at the NFL level. This is only surface level analysis, so I trust that any NFL team contemplating Watson would look deeper and try to find some comfort on this issue, but for this common fan, those two symptoms raise red flags as Watson jumps to the NFL. I want to love him as a prospect and very intrigued by everything else he brings to the table, but have to recognize some risk here if I'm being honest.

As a fan, I want to win games most of all. But my hope is that we also win games with an exciting and fun quarterback to watch every week. Mahomes and Watson are my favorites for checking those boxes.
bilbobag

There is no doubt the Texans are interested in a QB. However, to me, there isn't any QB's in this draft worth shipping off future 1st round picks to get one. That's why I think Kizer/Peterman are better options.

I do believe and others do to, the Texans need to come away with the combination of OT and QB with their first two selections. The wild card would be a hybrid Safety. You could CB too but this class I loaded so you could wait.
MelvinUdall
bilbobag said:

There is no doubt the Texans are interested in a QB. However, to me, there isn't any QB's in this draft worth shipping off future 1st round picks to get one. That's why I think Kizer/Peterman are better options.

I do believe and others do to, the Texans need to come away with the combination of OT and QB with their first two selections. The wild card would be a hybrid Safety. You could CB too but this class I loaded so you could wait.

THANK YOU!!!!! This was the approach I hoped they would take, there is no HR in this draft at QB, no need to trade up to get a questionable QB in round 1.
bilbobag
It's also only Tuesday and I don't make those decisions.
rbcs_2
AG
bilbobag said:

Man is this the worst year to need an OL and QB? I don't know if I would take either in the 1st round.
LilSebastian13
AG
FWIW, Bill Polian said he thinks Watson's accuracy concerns are overblown.

Bilbo - you mentioned previously to watch for Peppers. Is he still on their board?
oh no
AG
LilSebastian13 said:

Bilbo - you mentioned previously to watch for Peppers. Is he still on their board?

Quote:

The wild card would be a hybrid Safety.

I'm guessing so.
Agstro
AG
This is actually best case scenario for a team that needs a QB, because if there were no doubters in the QB class, we wouldn't have the draft capital to be able to trade up from 25 to get one anyway. Especially after giving away our 2018 2nd round pick.
LilSebastian13
AG
Good point
bilbobag
Well the Kid who apparently is being accused of sexual assault is the CB out of Ohio State. Won't be at draft. Hopefully, he gets his justice if I am hearing is true.
rbcs_2
AG
LilSebastian13 said:

FWIW, Bill Polian said he thinks Watson's accuracy concerns are overblown.

Polian also said that he would take AJ McCarron over any QB in this draft.
oh no
AG
http://www.khou.com/sports/nfl/texans/texans-draft-picks-to-be-announced-from-space/434021759

Quote:

HOUSTON - The Texans may not have a high draft pick, but they will have the highest and most impressive -- announcement on day 3 Saturday.
Astronaut Peggy Whitson will announce the round 4 and 5 picks from the International Space Station. Whitson broke the record for time in space by a U.S. astronaut early Monday when she passed 535 hours.
Retired astronaut Scott Kelly will help make the announcements Saturday from Space Center Houston. Texans Cheerleaders and Toro will also be on hand.
From the Grand Canyon to military bases, other teams have also chosen special locations for Day 3, according to NFL.com.
[url=http://www.nfl.com/][/url]
CFTXAG10
AG
I thought this ship had sailed.

MelvinUdall
CFTXAG10 said:

If Cutler is the opening day starter for the Texans, I may take the year off.
Ag_07
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

That has to be some type of smokescreen. Throwing this out there so that other teams can't just pencil them for drafting a QB.
CFTXAG10
AG
Could have sworn I heard that we were talking to Cutler but OB ultimately decided he would rather roll with Savage if it were between the two. Think it might have been McClain.
shano0603
AG
bilbobag said:

Id be okay with Justin Evans in the 3rd or so. Where is he on our draft board?

Or even Peppers in the 2nd?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.