Francis Scott key bridge struck by boat

77,638 Views | 829 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by IndividualFreedom
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
just amazing that we had a livestream video catch the entire incident
C@LAg
conditions overnight to present:

water 47degrees

winds 15kt

waves 1 ft

flood tide

high tide is 8:20am
torrid
AG
At first I thought this was the Key Bridge in DC, not realizing there was another one in Baltimore.
Ghost Mech
Of course the crazy comes out immediately..... Is there any chance that hacking a ship can be done?

Foreverconservative
sts7049 said:

just amazing that we had a livestream video catch the entire incident
Not only that the Key is a toll bridge so they should have a pretty good accounting of who was on the bridge at the time of collaspe
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
BassCowboy33
Zergling Rush said:

Is there any chance that hacking a ship can be done?

Is this a legit tweet or a fake account?
fc2112

Cyber attack, false flag, government op to get new bridge.

Here they come....
C@LAg
BassCowboy33 said:

Is this a legit tweet or a fake account?
its real.

a few rando maga idiots are posting similar stupidity.
Sea Speed
AG
That dude has one of the largest followings on Twitter i believe.
Ghost Mech
Looks like a blue checkmark to me. It makes total sense that a UFC fighter has the real time intel to tell the world that it's not an accident!!
Texasclipper
AG
Zergling Rush said:

Of course the crazy comes out immediately..... Is there any chance that hacking a ship can be done?

The ship is certainly hackable. But seems pretty difficult and unlikely.

I don't see how anyone takes this Tate dude seriously. He just seems to spout off random BS for clicks.
Silvy
AG
Anytime I hear of a power loss event, I always wonder if it's a fuel or equipment related.

https://www.ukpandi.com/news-and-resources/press-release-articles/the-uk-pi-club-highlights-sudden-loss-of-power-as-a-cause-of-claims/
BMX Bandit
Sea Speed said:

That dude has one of the largest followings on Twitter i believe.

It's a testament to how dumb we have become as a society.

More information readily available than at any time in history, yet we get dumber.

Appreciate you & basscowboy insight on this.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
torrid said:

At first I thought this was the Key Bridge in DC, not realizing there was another one in Baltimore.

I don't think a container ship would fit under that one.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
OverSeas AG
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

torrid said:

I don't think a container ship would fit under that one.
LOL... I am picturing a very small container ship.
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Foreverconservative
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
jagvocate
AG
Anyone else aware of the sad irony, waiting for daybreak to check on status of Francis Scott Key bridge?
C@LAg
jagvocate said:

Anyone else aware of the sad irony, waiting for daybreak to check on status of Francis Scott Key bridge?
ummmm... we could tell the status well before dawn's early light.
CanyonAg77
AG
Well, Ariel's father is King Triton, so she would know about stuff under the sea
CDUB98
AG
fc2112 said:

Cyber attack, false flag, government op to get new bridge.

Here they come....
And it is none of the above. This conspiracy mongering idiocy has been turned up to 11.

Not directed at you, fc. Just a general statement.
Foreverconservative

BassCowboy33
Zergling Rush said:

Looks like a blue checkmark to me. It makes total sense that a UFC fighter has the real time intel to tell the world that it's not an accident!!

Yeah, but since Twitter eliminated verification and began allowing any yahoo with $7 to buy the blue check, it's increasingly hard to tell what's real.
bonfarr
AG
To my untrained eyes that bridge appears low for the volume of the port. A guy interviewed on the radio said he was on a cruise ship passing under the Key Bridge and it had to take on water to clear it. Is that unusual or is that something that has to be done in a lot of ports where entry/exit is spanned by a bridge?
Reality Check
C@LAg said:

torrid said:

I assume ships have the equivalent of the voice and flight data recorders on airplanes?
yes, voyage data recorders (VDR)

[classic]If the stuff they use to make voyage data recorders can survive the collision, why not just make the whole ship out of that?[/seinfeld]
Author of the TexAgs Post of The Day - May 31, 2024

How do I get a Longhorn tag?
Reality Check
Zergling Rush said:

Bruh… the inevitability of Biden's open border.

BassCowboy33
bonfarr said:

To my untrained eyes that bridge appears low for the volume of the port. A guy interviewed on the radio said he was on a cruise ship passing under the Key Bridge and it had to take on water to clear it. Is that unusual or is that something that has to be done in a lot of ports where entry/exit is spanned by a bridge?
Not uncommon. Depending on tides and draft, sometimes ships pass under bridges with surprisingly little clearance.

Plus, cruise ships have ENORMOUS sail area. So, they'd definitely need to flood the ballast tanks.

A lot of these bridges were built in eras of smaller ships. I believe Corpus built an entirely new bridge a decade or so back so it's terminal could handle larger ships.
C@LAg
bonfarr said:

it just appears low because the bridge is laying on the deck of the ship.
Reality Check
C@LAg said:

jagvocate said:

ummmm... we could tell the status well before dawn's early light.

Was the ship's captain drunk?
Was his radar cheap junk?
There's proof after last night
That our bridge is just sunk.

CDUB98
AG
Andrew Tate is that jackwagon over in Romania who a lot of people were following for his manly trad life, misogynistic takes, who is also now under investigation for sex trafficking.
Silvy
AG
bonfarr said:

Not uncommon, I've seen bulk carriers fill cargo holds with water to meet draft requirements. Scariest swimming pool ever
LMCane
I have been around that area many times when driving to New York and CT.

they are lucky it hit the lighter used Patapsco River Key Bridge and not the inner much heavier used I-95 bridge

that I-95 bridge is basically the only north/south corridor from Maine to Florida.

but there are also tunnels so not sure if it would mess up the entire east coast.
Sea Speed
AG
Don't think that these are making the rounds. From a pilot buddy.

C@LAg
a little flex tape and it can be as good as new

JFABNRGR
AG
Is it just me or does it appear there was a decent lull in bridge traffic right at collapse compared to the 2 minutes prior??

I would also imagine the survivors were pulled from right side of frame where that span rotated down much slower reducing the impact as compared to the main span and left span.

Prayers for those lost or missing.
fc2112
Can you imagine being one of the last cars across that bridge, seeing it collapse right behind you in the rearview mirror?

I'd be home all like...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.