***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

107,995 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I do kind of like the idea that Sylvie is going to turn on Loki though.
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

I do kind of like the idea that Sylvie is going to turn on Loki though.
That all depends on if marvel wants good Loki or villain Loki in the future. Seems like we're taking him back toward the end of Ragnarok, and sylvie betraying him would ruin that. Probably
The Debt
Protagonist Loki and Old Loki were the only Lokis to have seen that "I have always loved you Brother" speech from Thor in the elevator while they were escaping Sakaar. (Granted protagonist Loki only saw it in the TVA machine, we assume that the emotional development of that event "catches him up" to Endgame Loki")

So it's safe to presume all the other Lokis diverged before the maturity and goodness presents.
jeffk
AG
I think there's something to Old Loki, our Loki, and Sylvie all experiencing loneliness and great loss that short-circuits their need to backstab. (Maybe Boy Loki and Alokigator too, idk.) I think Sylvie will have to choose between getting what she wants (revenge) and staying loyal to our Loki. Not sure which she chooses at this point.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i don't know if they'd want to go there, but Old Loki admitted that he faked his death in Infinity War. If Marvel wants to go there, they could say that "our" Loki from IW survived and is currently in exile on that planet. When the time comes for him to leave, there may not be a TVA around to prune him.
bobinator
AG
I kind of envision they stay united for the revenging, but I'm almost imagining a (Spoiler alert for Solo: A Star Wars Story I guess) turn like Qi'ra had in Solo where instead of doing something together Sylvie then decides to take over for the bad guy or something.
Fat Bib Fortuna
It seems more appropriate that our Loki turns on Sylvie. She's the one opening up to the possibilities of something beyond life on the run. Our Loki has seen that he and Thor end up sort of making amends in Ragnarok and all it gets him is choosing his brother's head over the Tessaract, and then his neck getting snapped by Thanos.

Maybe Loki thinks in this timeline if he can take the power of whoever controls the TVA, he can rule Asgard and out-Thanos Thanos.
bobinator
AG
See I don't think so. If our Loki turns on Sylvie, it would backtrack on an awful lot of character building this season. The same would kind of be true the other way, but we don't really know her like we do him.

I don't really have a concrete theory or anything on this, I just don't see the season ending with them like riding off into the sunset together. Something is going to happen to split them up.

In my head the odds are like 40% she does some kind of heel turn, 60% she dies.
YouBet
AG
I think they get split up (and possibly become adversaries again) through no fault of their own and possibly become disillusioned by the good path they attempted to take and then regress to their mean.

Frankly, I kind of hope they ditch her character in the finale and lose her in time or kill her off because I really don't like her all that much. I'm good with Loki reforming but also cool with him regressing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is sick.

KCup17
AG
I'm still expecting a back stab by Sylvie, Loki or Mobius at this point. I mean it's Loki so it has got to happen right? All this character development and no back stab? I don't buy it for a minute.
bearamedic99
AG
Where's Fat Bib when you need him?

I need a poll here for whether y'all think Sylvie will turn on our Loki? I say not since I'm in the camp that she isn't a Loki but the Enchantress.
bobinator
AG
How are you still in that camp?
JCRiley09
AG
If she's the enchantress, then her origin in the MCU is Loki variant from another timeline. Both can be true
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone seen The Good, The Bart, and the Loki?
YouBet
AG
JCRiley09 said:

If she's the enchantress, then her origin in the MCU is Loki variant from another timeline. Both can be true

Yes, I'm pretty convinced they are going to morph her into the Enchantress if anything to carve out her own identity.

It's blatantly obvious they borrowed that character for her mold anyway. They simply changed her origin story to be a Loki variant but she is still the Enchantress.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Best thing about episode 5 is that the TVA pruned X3. (Golden Gate Bridge)
texasaggie04
AG
bobinator said:

See I don't think so. If our Loki turns on Sylvie, it would backtrack on an awful lot of character building this season. The same would kind of be true the other way, but we don't really know her like we do him.

I don't really have a concrete theory or anything on this, I just don't see the season ending with them like riding off into the sunset together. Something is going to happen to split them up.

In my head the odds are like 40% she does some kind of heel turn, 60% she dies.

Possible that they get physically split up. Maybe the takedown of the TVA creates the multiverse of madness, sending them into separate universes or tinelines or wherever the hell they would go.
YouBet
AG
I figured this was the case, but Alligator Loki is clearly our multiverse Loki. Makes sense when you consider Florida in this timeline.

https://apple.news/AHvQ2H2MtR7iIXC6EEsYcVg

Quote:

witnesses testified that both Trucchio and Mackey allegedly prayed to an "alligator god,"
Malachi Constant
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Best thing about episode 5 is that the TVA pruned X3. (Golden Gate Bridge)

I don't care if this is real, it's real in my head.
TexasAggie_02
AG
If you look closely, that bridge is a combo of golden gate and the bay Bridge.
jeffk
AG
OMG

https://epicheroshop.com/products/lokigator-polo-shirt
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
YUp.

I'm gonna impulse buy that
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Should've named them Lokiste.
Counterpoint
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Or Lokizod.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Counterpoint said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Or Lokizod.

They missed their opportunity by not doing a crocodile Loki and doing a brand merger with Croakies
Batzarro
AG
Thanks for the "not peer pressuring peer pressure" SoulSlave and Jeffk, I needed a polo and impulse bought.
W
AG
just watched episode 5...wow, that was great suspense in the last 10 minutes.

now everything comes down to the villain reveal in the finale. Not sure who it's going to be.

and as others have mentioned...what is going to become of Loki and Sylvie afterwards.

alligator loki was very cool.
TCTTS
AG
Final prediction: I'm going with this plus a Kang end-credits tease...

JCRiley09
AG
Everything in that video makes so much sense I'd be surprised if they reveal is anything else
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, at this point there's just no way it's not a version of what's in the video. Both MCU series up to this point have put the resolution of the central character's emotional arc above all in the finale, and I can't see this one not doing the same.
one MEEN Ag
AG
So we know there is going to be a season 2 of Loki. So there can't be a complete arc here.

I think Sylvie and Loki fight evil Loki and realize that they are in a loop that always leads to an evil Loki's rise.

Loki or Sylvie can't resist an open throne and show their descent back into evil/revenge. Season two is about trying to rescue the other from themselves.
bobinator
AG
I was bouncing around something like this this weekend in my head.

The only thing I have against it is, if an evil Loki is running the TVA, why would they want to prune all the variant Lokis? Shouldn't they just want to kill the variant Lokis? If you're the Loki in charge of everything, the only real threat to your existence is another Loki figuring it out (after all, you figured it out) and coming for you. So why would you zap them onto a planet together? That would seem to make it even more likely they come for you right?
YouBet
AG
I'm actually a little tired of this series. Didn't realize there was a S2. Was hoping it would wrap up this week and we move onto the next one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The thing that worries me at this point about a S2 is the possibility that they finish S1 without really resolving anything.

If that's the case, the season kinda feels like just character building to establish the Loki and Sylvie relationship. (Which don't get me wrong, has been great, but will be disappointed if that's all it's been.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.