***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

102,365 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

So, does his castle exist outside of time? How else could he live there and never age? Then again, the Castle looks like it has seen better days.
I could be wrong but for some reason when they were doing the planets, galaxies, time and the castle voices i could have sworn i heard Ant-man and talking about the quantum realm. I still think that they are in the castle and or city that was briefly shown in Antman2
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hello, voice of Miss Minutes

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense then.

I rarely keep up with behind-the-scenes stuff for upcoming Marvel movies, and I'm not a particularly big Ant-Man fan. Hopefully that'll change with the third one, just like what happened with Thor for me.
You're the one who didn't invite Paul Rudd to the Friends reunion, aren't you?
redline248
AG
BowSowy said:

I liked the way Majors acted He Who Remains in this episode. But I'm not quite sure if I'll like that sort of whimsical style if/when Kang becomes the new big bad.
I think it's a good bet we'll get to see him act out multiple versions.
redline248
AG
Dro07 said:

Quote:

So, does his castle exist outside of time? How else could he live there and never age? Then again, the Castle looks like it has seen better days.
I could be wrong but for some reason when they were doing the planets, galaxies, time and the castle voices i could have sworn i heard Ant-man and talking about the quantum realm. I still think that they are in the castle and or city that was briefly shown in Antman2
Oh, right. I forgot about the quantum realm. There were definitely some similarities there, but it doesn't seem 100% the same. However, Scott Lang thought 5 years was like a few hours, right? And the time travel solution Tony came up with hinged around the quantum realm. Makes a lot of sense.

edit: I just pulled up Ant-Man and the Wasp to look at the scene. It's a city in a bubble. Didn't Loki and Sylvie only find a single castle? Also, the color, lighting and composition of the "world" as they are walking up to the castle look a lot different.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dro07
AG
so in terms of timelines going forward after this point... all shows/movies will be in parallel universes unless they were prior to Loki or are they in "Prime" and really only start from Dr Strange onward?
redline248
AG
Dro07 said:

so in terms of timelines going forward after this point... all shows/movies will be in parallel universes unless they were prior to Loki or are they in "Prime" and really only start from Dr Strange onward?
your guess is as good as anyone else's. I feel like Shang Chi is going to be in our familiar, prime universe. Eternals? who the hell knows.
TCTTS
AG
It's worth noting that Loki was always going to release around spring 2021, while Shang-Chi and Eternals were originally early 2021 and 2020 releases, respectively, pre-pandemic. In other words, Loki was likely/originally meant to take place after both. No Way Home will almost assuredly be the first, true, post-Loki project to see the consequences of the multiverse.
Dro07
AG
I wonder if the shows going forward will be post loki. "What If" is its own thing outside of the MCU really but Hawkeye and Ms Marvel should have some sort of weirdness going on possibly?
YNWA_AG
AG
I figured Loki is pretty much connected right to spiderman, because i thought it was one of the first projects in development after the new spiderman deal.

So not expecting more about the multiverse in Shang chi or Eternals, except for maybe a post credit scene
TCTTS
AG
Dro07 said:

I wonder if the shows going forward will be post loki. "What If" is its own thing outside of the MCU really but Hawkeye and Ms Marvel should have some sort of weirdness going on possibly?

That's a good question, as Hawkeye, and possibly Ms. Marvel, will likely release on Disney+ before No Way Home hits theaters.
TCTTS
AG
I also forgot that No Way Home was originally scheduled for July 2021. So it sounds like the Loki finale would have led directly to NWH, only days or a few short weeks later.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Loki appearing in Multiverse of Madness.

https://thedirect.com/article/doctor-strange-2-tom-hiddleston-to-return-as-loki-for-multiverse-sequel
TCTTS
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Always enjoy scooping TC.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Really starting to lose track of what's taking place when with covid throwing everything off track.

So in the "prime" timeline, we'll have MoM following directly after Wandavision, Loki likely shows up, and this will then lead into NWH...correct?
TCTTS
AG
Only because I had to do the gif on my phone.
C@LAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Really starting to lose track of what's taking place when with covid throwing everything off track.

So in the "prime" timeline, we'll have MoM following directly after Wandavision, Loki likely shows up, and this will then lead into NWH...correct?
no.

nwh is "next" (Dec), likely deals with repercussions of loki/multiverse
then MoM in Feb 22 as a direct to wandavision and indirect to loki and sm3
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Forgot NWH was this year.

So you're saying NWH will take place in Loki timeline rather than prime timeline? Or both?
C@LAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Forgot NWH was this year.

So you're saying NWH will take place in Loki timeline rather than prime timeline? Or both?
NWH should be prime (as far as we know), with lots of crossovers to the sony-verse
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Now I'm a little confused, because I just looked everything up and this was the original, pre-pandemic 2020/2021 release schedule...

05.01.20 = Black Widow
August 2020 = The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
11.06.20 = Eternals
Early 2021 = WandaVision
02.12.21 = Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Spring 2021 = Loki
05.07.21 = Doctor Strange and Multiverse of Madness
07.16.21 = Spider-Man: No Way Home
11.05.21 = Thor: Love and Thunder
Late 2021 = Hawkeye
Late 2021 = Ms. Marvel

Out of that bunch, the releases for Loki, Hawkeye, and Ms. Marvel were the only ones unaffected.

But now, No Way Home (12.17.21) is releasing BEFORE Multiverse of Madness (03.25.22), yet both include Doctor Strange. So surely the scripts were reworked to account for that, along with the Loki of it all. The more I think about it, that has to be the case, as No Way Home has apparently at least been changed to include a Christmas/winter setting, to coincide with its December release, which wasn't going to be the case with its original July release.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Spring 2021 = Loki
05.07.21 = Doctor Strange and Multiverse of Madness
07.16.21 = Spider-Man: No Way Home
So I was right that this was the ORIGINAL order, but yeah, there may be new changes to account for the new order.

I guess it's a wait and see. In any case I'm sure they'll go out of their way to make sure the viewers know exactly where they are in the timeline(s).
Saxsoon
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

And why did Miss Minutes offer Loki all that glory (beat the Avengers, kill Thanos, gain all infinity stones) before going in to meet He Who Remains?

A few minutes later, He Who Remains is asking Loki & Sylvie to run the TVA. Also, he is arguing that he laid out the path for them to come to him. So, there are some lies wrapped in there somewhere. It cannot all be true.

I see it as a test
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Isn't it weird how they've teased multiverses twice now, going back to 2017? (Far From Home and Wandavision)

Still upset at that X-Men tease in WV. That was just mean to fans.
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Isn't it weird how they've teased multiverses twice now, going back to 2017? (Far From Home and Wandavision)

Still upset at that X-Men tease in WV. That was just mean to fans.

Some felt shafted that we got a boner joke, but it is in stiff competition as one of the most expensive jokes ever in a tent pole Hollywood release.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wang! Pay attention!
Saxsoon
AG

FHKChE07
AG
Miss Minutes told Renslayer that He had information that she would much rather prefer to have. I assume it was that Mobius was coming and like He who remains could dodge all of Sylvie's attacks, she would be able to dodge Mobius's and I assume gave her some insight on where to warp to. But I could totally be wrong.
PatAg
AG
So, I guess the idea is that in the time it took Loki to meet up with Mobius, after He Who Remains dies, one of the Kang variants siezes control and mind wipes the TVA somehow? But not Loki, who was in the building?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fairly sure the device Sylvie used to send Loki there sent him to another timeline. She grabbed the thing from His desk.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Fairly sure the device Sylvie used to send Loki there sent him to another timeline. She grabbed the thing from His desk.
seems like the obvious answer, but I thought the TVA existed outside of time. Are there "variant" versions of it? Like, in each alternate universe did a version of Kang create a TVA to ensure each one's version of preferred result? Why would the version we met have access to those other things?

So many questions
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'm assuming a single TVA exists outside time and the one Loki showed up in had already (somehow) been coopted by a Kang variant. We know the TVA can wipe memories, so it's within the established powers that exist.
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
Just realized we didn't get Mobius on a jet ski, the one thing I was certain we'd see the season. Guess they're saving that for season two...
redline248
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

I'm assuming a single TVA exists outside time and the one Loki showed up in had already (somehow) been coopted by a Kang variant. We know the TVA can wipe memories, so it's within the established powers that exist.
Let's say it was 30 seconds between pushing Loki through the portal and killing HWR. Did everything get wiped in that 30 seconds? Or in the short time between killing him and Loki going to find Mobius? Seems like a lot to change in such a short time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.