***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

102,364 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That felt like something straight out of the movies
FHKChE07
AG
When the music picked up while classic Loki was raising Asgard, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. It was epic. It felt like some of the climaxes in the big movies. These MCU show are really hitting their stride.
Saxsoon
AG
FHKChE07 said:

When the music picked up while classic Loki was raising Asgard, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. It was epic. It felt like some of the climaxes in the big movies. These MCU show are really hitting their stride.
that and the giant smoke dragon. It all felt very high budget and wasn't skimped on

Gator Loki straight up biting off a hand was amazing.

Kid Loki killing Thor being his nexus is kinda baller
Dro07
AG
I thought the tiny thor stuck in the jar trying to get his hammer was hilarious.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
I guess I need to re-watch Episode 4 without falling asleep before the the next episode.
Dro07 said:

I thought the tiny thor stuck in the jar trying to get his hammer was hilarious.

That was Frog Thor
Saxsoon
AG
#1 said:

Dro07 said:

That was Frog Thor

Throg

Brock Sampson
AG
That episode served a glorious purpose.
Saxsoon
AG
Brock Sampson said:

That episode served a glorious purpose.
But I sure wasn't burdened.
Not a Bot
AG
Kang definitely involved.

How about Immortus? Take a look at the Wikipedia page. Deeply involved with the time keepers.
rhutton125
AG
Immortus is like a Kang Variant. But very good call, he could always be involved. Or involved in Season 2 or something.
MooreTrucker
AG
A variant of the guy in charge? Seems kinda circular to me.....
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Great episode. I laughed out loud several times, including when Cro-ki bit Vote Loki's hand off.

I cannot figure out where Renslayer really is on the TVA. Does she really not know who is behind it?

Glad to see Classic Loki have his heroic, self-sacrificing moment. "Because that's what heroes do."
Saxsoon
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Great episode. I laughed out loud several times, including when Cro-ki bit Vote Loki's hand off.

I cannot figure out where Renslayer really is on the TVA. Does she really not know who is behind it?

Glad to see Classic Loki have his heroic, self-sacrificing moment. "Because that's what heroes do."

Him recreating Asgard was kind of stunning. Loki's comment about them being stronger than they thought was so important leading into Sylvie convincing him he can do enchantment magic
Madmarttigan
AG
Depends on the pay off but this show has been miles ahead of the other marvel shows so far. Also the score is really good.

Only complaint is the lack of the explanation for their nexus event together that caused the tva to find them on the doomed planet. Hopefully explanation is still coming.
MooreTrucker
AG
Yeah, I think they're still wondering what that nexus event was themselves.
redline248
AG
It really looks like they are falling in love
Saxsoon
AG
Him pausing then walking up to Moebius and giving him a hug was great. Yes his evolution to Ragnarok Loki has been swift but it has been a lot that has happened to facilitate that as well.
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/loki-episode-five-easter-eggs-throg/

Good article on all the Easter eggs in the episode. Spoilers obviously.
BowSowy
AG
So do y'all think that this character arc/development for Loki will carry forward into whatever else he's involved with in the MCU? Or is this the development of a variant, leaving the "main" timeline Loki the same?
Saxsoon
AG
BowSowy said:

So do y'all think that this character arc/development for Loki will carry forward into whatever else he's involved with in the MCU? Or is this the development of a variant, leaving the "main" timeline Loki the same?

I think this is our Loki moving forward
bluefire579
AG
Yeah, "main" Loki was killed by Thanos
BoydCrowder13
Hope Loki hangs around and makes it back to the movies at some point. Hiddleston is great.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not gonna lie, that episode really didn't do much for me. Was pretty bored until the last 10 minutes, but the end picked up.

This one just went a step too far for me in the wonkiness department. Plus the entire "distraction" felt completely unnecessary.
texasaggie04
AG
aTmLoKi said:

YNWA_AG said:

I mean the alioth is super connected to Kang as well. Can't see how he isn't at least revealed like thanos in avengers in this show with all the Kang Easter eggs
This.

Plus, that looked a lot like Chronopolis once Alioth had been enchanted.

My thoughts too. The colors behind the castle felt very quantum realm-y.
texasaggie04
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I mean the alioth is super connected to Kang as well. Can't see how he isn't at least revealed like thanos in avengers in this show with all the Kang Easter eggs

That's what I said about Mephisto time and time again...
Capitol Ag
AG
So many fun things in this. The Thanos-copter got me. Greatness.
amercer
AG
That was a fun episode.

Excited for the next one. There are a thousand ways they could go that would all be good.
amercer
AG
Saxsoon said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

Him recreating Asgard was kind of stunning. Loki's comment about them being stronger than they thought was so important leading into Sylvie convincing him he can do enchantment magic

I think that answers the question of why them having a moment in episode 3 created a wild timeline branch and alerted the TVA.

Because they are actually as powerful AF, but they don't know it. Loki tossed a building back into place in that episode, who's to say the two of them couldn't have stopped the apocalypse and changed that timeline?
amercer
AG
Also, %100 Kang, but we don't see him until the after credits scene when he reunites with Renslayer who miraculously escapes the destroyed TVA. Kang probably has another Loki running the show for him.

Our two Loki's are tossed into another crazy timeline where, without the TVA technology, season 2 becomes the MCU version of the X-Files.
jeffk
AG
Such a fun, detail-filled episode.
bobinator
AG
Not sure we learned anything new that episode but it was awesome.
OnlyForNow
AG
What was that reference?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not gonna lie, that episode really didn't do much for me. Was pretty bored until the last 10 minutes, but the end picked up.

This one just went a step too far for me in the wonkiness department. Plus the entire "distraction" felt completely unnecessary.

I think the point was that beast is pretty powerful and will be hard to enchant. It only takes a second to kill you. They needed time to connect to it. Waiting for a pruned timeline to drop in would give them enough time, but that didn't happen so old loki faked one for them.
TexasAggie_02
AG
OnlyForNow said:

What was that reference?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.