***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

100,125 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
RikkiTikkaTagem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do I think it was mentioned on this thread but couldn't find it over the past several pages. Is the moment Scarlett Witch hears her kids at the end of wandavision , the same moment shortly after Sylvia kills kang?
Decay
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

Do I think it was mentioned on this thread but couldn't find it over the past several pages. Is the moment Scarlett Witch hears her kids at the end of wandavision , the same moment shortly after Sylvia kills kang?

I don't see how, unless they're really messing with their own rules. That "moment" is after or "the end of" time so there's no way anything within the timelines correlates.
TexasAggie_02
AG
there was a thread on reddit last week, if you start the Loki and Wandavision finales at the same time, the moment that Wanda fully transforms to the Scarlet Witch is the exact same moment that Kang says that he no longer knows what's going to happen.

Kinda interesting coincidence, but like you said, they are at the end of time, so things happening in 2024 or whatever shouldn't be affecting anything, unless the Loki's interruption keeps wanda from being pruned (eg, being a nexus being, they prune any timeline where wanda becomes the scarlet witch).

This could also be attributed to formulaic writing of episodes, eg: min 1-3 X happens, mins 3-7, Y happens, yadda yadda, yadda, min 28 plot Twist happens, etc.
Whos Juan
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

there was a thread on reddit last week, if you start the Loki and Wandavision finales at the same time, the moment that Wanda fully transforms to the Scarlet Witch is the exact same moment that Kang says that he no longer knows what's going to happen.

Kinda interesting coincidence, but like you said, they are at the end of time, so things happening in 2024 or whatever shouldn't be affecting anything, unless the Loki's interruption keeps wanda from being pruned (eg, being a nexus being, they prune any timeline where wanda becomes the scarlet witch).

This could also be attributed to formulaic writing of episodes, eg: min 1-3 X happens, mins 3-7, Y happens, yadda yadda, yadda, min 28 plot Twist happens, etc.
*Thread derail*
This reminds me of this video of the Red Letter Media guys watching 3 Transformer movies simultaneously.
KCup17
AG
If I'm Majors I am super excited about the role I get to play in the next phase. Every time his character dies in one timeline he gets to reinvent a new variant of himself in another timeline. I imagine we see him a lot moving forward. He may be the big bad for phase 4 but also may have a hero variant version of himself. It's really mind boggling.
Red Five
AG
KCup17 said:

If I'm Majors I am super excited about the role I get to play in the next phase. Every time his character dies in one timeline he gets to reinvent a new variant of himself in another timeline. I imagine we see him a lot moving forward. He may be the big bad for phase 4 but also may have a hero variant version of himself. It's really mind boggling.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Lad
JCRiley09
AG
That would be a cool terminator 2 moment if it happens
KCup17
AG
The next phase is about to be nuts.
FHKChE07
AG
I worry that the next phase is going to struggle compared to the first 3 phases because this isn't as simple as aliens bad, KILL THEM! Iron man had a extremely wide appeal commercially. As we have seen from this thread alone, time travel is complicated and multiverses are even more complicated. It will be great, hopefully, for the comic book fan but likely isn't going to resonate as well with the casual fans.
YouBet
AG
FHKChE07 said:

I worry that the next phase is going to struggle compared to the first 3 phases because this isn't as simple as aliens bad, KILL THEM! Iron man had a extremely wide appeal commercially. As we have seen from this thread alone, time travel is complicated and multiverses are even more complicated. It will be great, hopefully, for the comic book fan but likely isn't going to resonate as well with the casual fans.
Agreed. Add in some potential Marvel fatigue along with way more complexity and you could lose some people.

They may have to hope the dumber people like me will just turn off the brain when it comes to time travel and not try to understand it.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, when it comes down to it, most people prefer linear storytelling. I'm sure there's a good plan for this next phase, but to me right now it's all over the map and hard to figure out.
Phat32
AG
Would imagine the next Thor and Guardians movies will crush. The others may need some convincing of the general public.
KCup17
AG
I think the Doctor Strange and Ant Man movies will be huge in setting up and laying the ground work for the next phase. My hope is that they use those movies to explain what is going on with the multiverse for those who didn't watch any of the streaming shows.

I'd expect variants on variants. Might cater a lot more to those who are really immersed in the MCU comics.
AgfromHOU
AG
Just finished the 5th episode. So ****ing cheesy.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Murder Hornet said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

bobinator said:

But how was that going to save them?
Not hard at all. Barely an inconvenience.

It's gonna be super easy, barely an inconvenience

FIFY

I'm going to venture a guess that when they come out with the pitch meeting for loki, they will mention the fight at roxxcart like "wow, I bet it'll be really hard for a regular human to fight an Asgardian. Actually, it'll be super easy, barely an inconvenience. Oh really? Yeah, you see, loki's power level is whatever we need it to be at that particular moment, so he gets his but kicked"

Also, I expect a "falling in love with yourself is tight"

I was so close, I give myself partial credit.
W
AG
very late to the party...but I finally watched episode 6.

and it feels like the series should have ended with episode 5. It built up to such a great crescendo with the older Loki's sacrifice and Sylvie & Loki enchanting the purple monster...but then episode 6 was a downer with so much talk and so little action.

the He-Who-Remains/Kang character seemed very out of character...and I was glad when Sylvie killed him
AliasMan02
AG
I think you are pretty alone on this take.
PatAg
AG
W said:

very late to the party...but I finally watched episode 6.

and it feels like the series should have ended with episode 5. It built up to such a great crescendo with the older Loki's sacrifice and Sylvie & Loki enchanting the purple monster...but then episode 6 was a downer with so much talk and so little action.

the He-Who-Remains/Kang character seemed very out of character...and I was glad when Sylvie killed him
I'm curious what you mean by this? Do you mean that how the character behaved didn't fit with the tone or style of the show up to that point?

Oftentimes the 2nd to last episode of a season is when all the craziness happens, and the finale is the resolution of that and the lead into the next season.,
AgfromHOU
AG
Yep. Episode 9 of each season GoT was always when **** went down, and episode 10 of each season was just wrapping it up and moving into the next with a cliffhanger ending.
KidDoc
AG
Finally watched this after Spiderman kicked out my Marvel fatigue. What a fantastic show! So fun and really nice development for this version of Loki and a nice way to kick off the multiverse of madness.

Alligator Loki is the best Loki!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mazag08
AG
KidDoc said:

Finally watched this after Spiderman kicked out my Marvel fatigue. What a fantastic show! So fun and really nice development for this version of Loki and a nice way to kick off the multiverse of madness.

Alligator Loki is the best Loki!

It was a fantastic show. But it's already been memory holed as being "meh". The general Marvel fan can't handle actual sci fi elements. They much prefer generic cops and robbers type storytelling.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.