***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

100,481 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He was saying he doesn't care that they changed the character from white in the comics to black in the show. But seeing as blue obviously isn't a natural skin tone, he was simply curious why the blue in the comics - is it a mask, did something happen to him, etc? Especially since he's white again later in life in the comics as well. Didn't seem like a confusing question/statement at all, and I'm curious myself.

Dro07
AG
if i recall it is a mask and not all Kangs were Nathan Richards. I can be confusing that last part with another character.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think the TVA is in the quantum realm (as probably theorized already), and thus why time passes a lot more slowly. (Hours QR time = years real world time as per Endgame)

I'm betting that's the reason they say it's "out of time", but it actually is part of the timeline.

I hadn't thought of the TVA in the quantum realm idea.

Maybe the TVA is the quantum realm city in the bubble that Ant Man saw?
Thanks and gig'em
TexasAggie_02
AG
you literally just said what I said. the statement obviously made it confusing for FHKChE07, hence why I tried to explain it.
bobinator
AG
The Ant Man "City in a bubble" is like the Zapruder film of the MCU.
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

The Ant Man "City in a bubble" is like the Zapruder film of the MCU.
Well, that is the only thing in the entire quantum realm they lingered on long enough to be seen. It's either a massive easter egg, or it's gonna show up again in a future film.

I'm leaning toward easter egg, right now.
PatAg
AG
It's possible they just thought it would look cool, haha.

At the very least this series did a great job of making us all really interested in Spider Man movie and the Dr Strange movie, right?
texasaggie04
AG
TCTTS said:

He was saying he doesn't care that they changed the character from white in the comics to black in the show. But seeing as blue obviously isn't a natural skin tone, he was simply curious why the blue in the comics - is it a mask, did something happen to him, etc? Especially since he's white again later in life in the comics as well. Didn't seem like a confusing question/statement at all, and I'm curious myself.

I didn't know the answer to this either. So I looked it up on this website.
And now I'm even more confused than I was to begin with. As far as I can tell though, he's a regular guy who wears a blue mask thing to be cool like Dr Doom.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
We just started and I can't get past Owen Wilson looking like Howard Stark

TexasAggie_02
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Plot twist, Howard got pruned after Tony and Steve went back in time, and has worked for the TVA ever since.
Saxsoon
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Before realizing it was Owen, I was confused in the trailers why Howard was talking to Loki
YouBet
AG
The non-movie related quotes from people at the beginning was odd, out of place, and dumb.

I'm out on trying to understand the time component here so I'm turning that off in my brain. If I have to dissect the hell out of every property going forward to make things work in my head I'm going to lose interest. As others have said, it's tiresome to try and keep up with it and you will find holes the more you look. I'm hoping Marvel cleans this up quickly even if it doesn't jive with how "time travel science" works.

I will assume that going forward Kang will not be the mentally unstable version we got here because that will wear thin, quickly. The portrayal of him in this setting makes sense though. Being all alone at the end of time for millennia. No way you wouldn't be off your rocker. So, in that regard his character made sense to me while simultaneously I did not enjoy it all that much, if that makes sense.

Also, the irony of these movies getting kicked around with adjusted release dates makes it all the more critical that watching these in chronological order will be paramount in understanding what the hell is happening. OR, does the nature of time travel now make watching it in chronological order moot? F me I just put myself in a time paradox.
Saxsoon
AG
Amazing. Jonathan Majors voiced all three time keepers
YNWA_AG
AG
Majors wasn't cast as Kang until after his Loki performance
Saxsoon
AG
Wait what? That makes no sense
double aught
AG
Why not?
YNWA_AG
AG
He who remains was unrelated to Kang in the comics, they initially planned to keep it like that until after his performance.
Saxsoon
AG
He literally talks how he was a scientist from the 31st century and fought a multiversal war against himself. Cheekily drops in conqueror

Unless they added that all in later
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guess it wasn't so bad I had no idea he was Kang based just on the episode.
YellowPot_97
AG
Saxsoon said:

He literally talks how he was a scientist from the 31st century and fought a multiversal war against himself. Cheekily drops in conqueror

Yeah, that's the point. The guy in Loki isn't Kang the Conquer. Kang is a different version of the same being from another multiverse. The version in Loki is He Who Remains. Different characters from different multiverses, but still the same "being".
double aught
AG
Saxsoon said:

But they don't have to all look alike. See: Lokis from the show Loki.
The Debt
YouBet said:

The non-movie related quotes from people at the beginning was odd, out of place, and dumb.

I'm out on trying to understand the time component here so I'm turning that off in my brain. If I have to dissect the hell out of every property going forward to make things work in my head I'm going to lose interest. As others have said, it's tiresome to try and keep up with it and you will find holes the more you look. I'm hoping Marvel cleans this up quickly even if it doesn't jive with how "time travel science" works.

I will assume that going forward Kang will not be the mentally unstable version we got here because that will wear thin, quickly. The portrayal of him in this setting makes sense though. Being all alone at the end of time for millennia. No way you wouldn't be off your rocker. So, in that regard his character made sense to me while simultaneously I did not enjoy it all that much, if that makes sense.

Also, the irony of these movies getting kicked around with adjusted release dates makes it all the more critical that watching these in chronological order will be paramount in understanding what the hell is happening. OR, does the nature of time travel now make watching it in chronological order moot? F me I just put myself in a time paradox.

The Avengers time travel was part of the Sacred Timeline so they can do no wrong. Just more of that hetero white cis privilege.
MooreTrucker
YouBet
AG
The Debt said:

YouBet said:

The Avengers time travel was part of the Sacred Timeline so they can do no wrong. Just more of that hetero white cis privilege.
There was a green guy overseeing it. We are good!
Saxsoon
AG
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Saxsoon said:

With recent events triggering expansion into multiple timelines across multiple universes, the potential for profits is infinite.
jackie childs
Champ Bailey said:

bobinator said:

My guess is that Marvel is just combining those characters in the MCU. They've done that quite a bit.

What are some others?
so this was a discussion point back when we were talking about marvel combining sylvie with enchantress...interesting that they did it again with Kang/He Who Remains
GiveEmHellBill
AG
YouBet said:

We got quotes from Neil Armstrong, Maya Angelou and................................Greta Thunberg.

Seriously, Disney? Seriously?
Phat32
AG
Yeah that was a "spare me" moment
aTmLoKi
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

YouBet said:

We got quotes from Neil Armstrong, Maya Angelou and................................Greta Thunberg.

All Kang Variants..
YouBet
AG
aTmLoKi said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

YouBet said:

All Kang Variants..

Guess we know which one is the evil Kang.

How dare you!
CoachRTM
AG
The Assembled episode is out. (The behind the scenes hour)

It's fantastic - I love Tom Huddleston and Owen Wilson. The work that went down to make the finale scene of Lamentis was amazing.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
Great. Let's spend hours debating the clues.
Counterpoint
AG
redline248 said:

Great. Let's spend hours debating the clues.

Us? Never!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.