***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

102,346 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's Beta Ray Bill's castle.
AgfromHOU
AG
If it's going to be any version of Thor, it'll the Throg!!!!
TexasAggie_02
AG
the real villain:

seriously, why not kill variants, and then prune their corpses? why take the risk of having an planet full of the thing you are most afraid of running around? and their powers work there as well?
Not a Bot
AG
Just found this. It runs down the comic origins of the Time Keepers and their nefarious counterparts, the Time Twisters.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Time-Twisters.

I think this may be where we are headed with this. Not gonna go into detail in case people want to really get a surprise (if this is what it ends up being).

It is possible, considering we know that they were sent to a place at the end of time itself, that they are about to walk up on He Who Remains. Maybe that's when they will get the explanation of the two groups of three Time Things (twisters and keepers) and realize they've been dealing with the Twisters the whole time and not the Keepers. Immortus (Kang) was running the TVA on behalf of the Twisters thinking he was working with the Keepers.
Not a Bot
AG
If it is the Beyonder, it is for amusement. Wants to watch them fight it out.
TCTTS
AG
What's weird is that the trailers have already seemingly "spoiled" that it's a Loki in the castle, with these four shots we've yet to see in the first five episodes. Granted, the latter two shots could ultimately end up being some kind flashback instead, but it also makes me think there will still be one last twist in store...

jeffk
AG
We already saw Throg tho
M.C. Swag
AG
No idea if this season will end on a cliffhanger or not, but it already accomplished what Disney wanted; ret-conning Loki's 'death' in Endgame so that he can reappear in future marvel movies.

I know it's a part of comics to have fakeout deaths, but like Iron Man, I thought his death was earned and a nice close to his arc (trying to save his brother and stop Thanos).
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
aTmLoKi said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

FincAg said:

Did a lot of you all love English Lit in high school or college? You all find symbolism is every scene.
Reminds me of how my dad has seen a clipping penalty on every punt return in human history.
Was your dad a Big 12 Referee at most A&M Football Games in the early 2000's?
My dad holds 3 things as holy in this world.

1) Clipping on every punt return.

2) Aggie football died the night we blew it against UCLA a few years back.

3) No submarine scene in any movie or TV show in entertainment history has ever depicted the inside of a submarine correctly, based on the one time my dad went on a submarine belonging to the Finnish Navy when he as in Denmark working for Texaco.
bobinator
AG
Loki leaving with the tesseract during the time heist happened in the movies so it's not really retconning.
Aggie1391
Just started this but I like it so far
M.C. Swag
AG
bobinator said:

Loki leaving with the tesseract during the time heist happened in the movies so it's not really retconning.

IW*, not Endgame. My bad.
bobinator
AG
I'm still not 100% convinced they're going to use Loki in the movies other than possibly in a different timeline/universe/whatever.

I'll still be fairly surprised if there's ever anything in the shows that's crucial viewing for the movies.
johncAG
AG

This is the only theory I haven't seen most places that probably won't happen but it's a nice out of the box style thinking with a cool cameo and wrap up to a storyline
AgfromHOU
AG
jeffk said:

We already saw Throg tho

Damn. I need to catch up on the show.
bobinator
AG
That would be interesting.

I do hope that somehow we get more info on the TVA but maybe that's to come in the future. Like, it's MASSIVE apparently and we've only seen a handful of people in one small part of it.
TCTTS
AG
Will be staying up to watch tonight. Anyone else?
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Maybe. Not sure yet
one MEEN Ag
AG
johncAG said:

This is the only theory I haven't seen most places that probably won't happen but it's a nice out of the box style thinking with a cool cameo and wrap up to a storyline
I refuse to acknowledge this theory because it would require me to acknowledge Thor 2's existence.
C@LAg
redline248 said:

TCTTS said:

Maybe. Not sure yet

Personally, I have found very little that i have actually enjoyed in this series. Some of the dialogue has been very engaging but the overall story has been lackluster. I found I like this the least of the three shows by far.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Posting for posterity in case it's right...I had a funny feeling back since episode 3 that she'd end up being his mother.

That said there's no way I'm right.
JCRiley09
AG
When does it drop in the central time zone? You've got a couple hours on us out in LA
TCTTS
AG
2 AM Central / Midnight Pacific
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS said:

You already know it! I feel like I always the only one that stays up and watches these shows when they drop
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS said:

2 AM Central / Midnight Pacific

Technically 1:50am . Technically
JCRiley09
AG
Not staying up that late. Now the challenge is remembering not to click this thread when I check my watch list tomorrow morning
BowSowy
AG
TVA head is a Loki, makes the most sense in the confines of this show. I'm ready to be disappointed, if not.
AMW2010
AG
Wasn't expecting a jump scare at 2am!! But there it is!! Lol
TCTTS
AG
Kang!!!!!

Cannot believe they actually went there.
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS said:

Kang!!!!!

Cannot believe they actually went there.

Technically. He who remains. Kang was never once mentioned. Just his different versions

Also, what. A. TWIST!!! She punted his ass into a new timeline!!'

And post credits is season 2 confirmed!! Woo hoo!!!

I LOVE the actor playing "Kang" he was pretty dang dope!
johncAG
AG
After two series of big bads being theorized and cast aside, they actually brought out the big guns. Prepare for all the weirdness coming down the pipeline. I hope this means they can finally get a spidey trailer out there now that multiverses are official
redline248
AG
I love how Marvel takes what you know is coming and still makes it a surprise.
TCTTS
AG
To everyone who kept telling us Marvel will never introduce a major villain in the Disney+ shows, nor will they feature major MCU plot turns... we'll, Loki just did both.

What an incredible finale. What an awesome setup for things to come.

And yeah, Jonathan Majors as Kang is, indeed, dope.

Sh*t's about to get crazy.
AMW2010
AG
I'm pretty firm on believing that the person we saw was "he who remains" Nathaniel Richards from earth in the 31st century. The closed captions always said he who remained anyways. But he said who he was in his watch animation.

And when he says I'll see you soon. That was the unleashing of the multiverse.

Kang the Conqueror is just a Variant, and is an evil version. It's like saying there is a "good" version of Loki out there somewhere.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

What's weird is that the trailers have already seemingly "spoiled" that it's a Loki in the castle, with these four shots we've yet to see in the first five episodes. Granted, the latter two shots could ultimately end up being some kind flashback instead, but it also makes me think there will still be one last twist in store...

The final two images were never even featured in-series. I wonder if that scene was simply cut, or they actually shot that solely to throw people off.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.