***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

100,478 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or she's not a Loki variant
KCup17
AG
Which is what I'm leaning towards
JCRiley09
AG
I'll tag this since I heard it in a YouTube video

it looked like she wasn't following Loki's song in the train, so she probably doesn't speak Asguardian. Which makes it more likely that she isn't a real Loki
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Max Power said:

I didn't really care for that episode. I also don't care for female Loki, or whoever she's supposed to be, she's the anti-Loki, she has the charisma of Mitch McConnell. I don't think she could possibly be a Loki variant, that's just what they told him to stroke his ego and get his help.

The fact everyone at the TVA is a variant, so she says, is interesting but that was about all I found interesting. I would think the TVA can find them now because they're currently hiding at an apocalypse level event and Loki gave away that roadmap.

Hopefully Mobius is back next week, I missed him.

Yeah, I mean, time and space are meaningless to the TVA, so they could literally search every single apocalyptic event in history, find them, and then return to the TVA the same second that they left to begin their search, theoretically. Kind of what I expect to happen, unless she already mind controlled Loki and the entire episode was in his head.

The episode also made me wonder what Loki's limits are. He's basically a mutant along the lines of SW, so if he got the same book she has now, could he become just as strong? Or at least to Dr. Strange's level?

I liked the episode, but if the entire episode truly does turn out to be a basic side quest just for character development, I wish they would have extended the season to 10 or 12 episodes.
KCup17
AG
The Enchantress

idk why I put a spoiler tag
AsburyAg
AG
The part I did not like about ep. 2 is they made Loki appear almost buffoonish when he did not have answers to Mobius' questions and when he was trying to talk his way out of trouble. They took away some of the slick charm and his ability to be 3 steps ahead of everyone else.

With ep. 3 my thought is all of this is Loki doing the enchantress thing to Sylvie. He is in her mind to discover what she knows and thinks. At the very least, he didn't let the time gizmo break. He's smarter than that. That had to be a projection.
imjustsayin
AG
Agreed with the "meh" sentiment in here that episode was fairly blah with only two revelations of substance

It felt very "filler" and the bi revelation to me just feels like a "pride" month pandering wasn't necessary to the story to advance the plot.

MAAYBE it had an empire strikes back vibe to it in that it was just a complete unraveling downhill episode but Loki felt very unhinged and lackadaisical in this episode which is very uncharacteristic of what we've seen from him through out MCU someone who is typically 2 steps ahead of everyone.

Perhaps next week we'll see that he had a plan all along. I hope anyways. That IS the nature of episodic storytelling.
Just finished watching it. I read the non spoiler comments on here before watching it and I was coming into this episode with low expectations based on some of your comments. But I thought it was great! Not sure why people are ridiculing Disney by making Loki "bi-sexual." I thought it was well established in the comics. The TVA employees being variants was bit of a shock. I immediately started thinking that Owen Wilson's character was an avid Jet Ski rider in a different time-line. My theory on how they get out of the planet is that the TVA shows up. I think somehow Loki and Lady Loki help some of the "Poorer People" that were shown in the beginning of the episode to escape the planet which then alerts the TVA that there is a Nexus event in that time-line and show up. Obviously just a theory that's most likely very wrong. Can't wait until next week.
MooreTrucker
AG
KCup17 said:

The Enchantress

idk why I put a spoiler tag
Mephisto
rhutton125
AG
Not only that they're all variants, but variants from Earth, right? That's interesting. I had noticed that there weren't any aliens but if the TVA has earth origins..... interesting...
redline248
AG
Quote:

Not sure why people are ridiculing Disney by making Loki "bi-sexual." I thought it was well established in the comics
Not everyone actually reads the comics.
jeffk
AG
I thought it was a fine episode. Moved both characters forward a bit and revealed some key plot points about the TVA.
The Debt
This episode is an illusion.

When she explains to Loki how to enchant a weak mind she explains that she goes back in the victims past to manipulate them BUUUUT when it's a stronger mind (which Loki admitted he had) she creates a fantasy narrative to manipulate her victim.
JCRiley09
AG
I'm starting to think the same. In the face of annihilation, she's hoping Loki gives up some kind of info. It took a little while for him to react to her attempt at enchanting him in the mining building
redline248
AG
So create an elaborate illusion to find out about the time pad, to which Loki responds by "breaking" it? She didn't ask him anything else, except which way he swings.
TexasAggie_02
AG
The Debt said:

This episode is an illusion.

When she explains to Loki how to enchant a weak mind she explains that she goes back in the victims past to manipulate them BUUUUT when it's a stronger mind (which Loki admitted he had) she creates a fantasy narrative to manipulate her victim.
I think that Loki is creating an illusion on her. Her enchantment didn't work b/c she is the one being fooled. She is jolted awake on the train, just like the TVA agent was in the opening with the brain freeze. She is obviously familiar with this location, so Loki could be pulling the location from her past (or he's making things up based on all of the apocalypse files he's read).
fightinags2013
AG
I was intrigued by episode 1 and bored out of my mind in the last two
rhutton125
AG
I think Marvel producers like to take their heroes down a peg, so he really did just get taken by surprise (while drunk) and thrown from a train. I think this is all real.

That said, time stone or some kind of Loki hijinks to save the day. But I don't think there will be a big "gotcha, we've been in your mind." But I'd love to be wrong!
joerobert_pete06
AG
What's up with the girl Loki and why is she referred to as a Loki? I was expected another versus of the guy. Do they or do they not have the same mother?
redline248
AG
joerobert_pete06 said:

What's up with the girl Loki and why is she referred to as a Loki? I was expected another versus of the guy.
She's another variant (according to Mobius) He showed that video of a bunch of different Loki's, including a Hulk-like version

Do they or do they not have the same mother?
We don't know how the variants work
I am suspicious of the whole variant timelines, anyway. What variation of the main timeline would result in a female Loki? Either she isn't a version of Loki, or instead of variant timelines it's actually alternate universe.
TCTTS
AG
The whole Mephisto ordeal should have been caution enough to keep me from going down this path again, but at this point I really don't see how the middle Time-Keeper...

... isn't Jonathan Majors, who is of course playing Kang the Conqueror in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, the rumored new Big Bad of the MCU...

I listened to a podcast today that basically speculated that Kang created the TVA not to protect the Sacred Timeline, but to instead ensure he rules in ALL timelines. And that even though we may not see Majors introduced in-character in this series, the character of Kang will at least be referenced as the one behind everything. I'm also wondering if Ravonna Renslayer could be Kang's partner/accomplice, but that's solely my guess.

Anyway, I know this has been mentioned before, but the consensus certainly seems to be growing.
AMW2010
AG
To most of everyone in this and all marvel threads. STOP OVERTHINKING EVERYTHING!!!! Just enjoy the shows and the fact we get them!!!
TCTTS
AG
For some of us, it's FUN to "overthink" it. It adds to the experience. Why anyone would tell someone else *how* enjoy stuff like this is beyond me. Especially on an internet message board thread devoted solely to discussing the show.
AMW2010
AG
Because the majority of the people overthinking these shows don't even know what's going on in the first place. Like variants were talked about in episode one, and it seemed pretty cut and dry what they were and how they work in terms of Loki. I'm not telling people to not enjoy these shows, but dang some of y'all suck the fun out of them by over thinking everything and I'm definitely not talkin about you TCTTS.
jeffk
AG
We're really gonna do the WAG on the big bad reveal again?
rhutton125
AG
Kang would definitely make sense. In the comics, Ravonna is his lover and the motivation behind some of his schemes, as she dies or nearly dies at one point, etc etc. I don't think it's a coincidence at all that that is Renslayer's first name.

Kang is also earth-based, so if the TVA and all the variants come from earth, then that fits as well.
MooreTrucker
AG
AMW2010 said:

Because the majority of the people overthinking these shows don't even know what's going on in the first place. Like variants were talked about in episode one, and it seemed pretty cut and dry what they were and how they work in terms of Loki. I'm not telling people to not enjoy these shows, but dang some of y'all suck the fun out of them by over thinking everything and I'm definitely not talkin about you TCTTS.
Then why are you even in this thread?

Some people suck the fun out of them by complaining about how others enjoy discussing the show and possibilities.

Just scroll passed what you don't wanna read.
joerobert_pete06
AG
AMW2010 said:

Man this is my first time visiting this board, just had a question about the show and this is the 2nd response I get. I feel like I'm on the politics board.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

The whole Mephisto ordeal should have been caution enough to keep me from going down this path again, but at this point I really don't see how the middle Time-Keeper...

... isn't Jonathan Majors, who is of course playing Kang the Conqueror in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, the rumored new Big Bad of the MCU...

I listened to a podcast today that basically speculated that Kang created the TVA not to protect the Sacred Timeline, but to instead ensure he rules in ALL timelines. And that even though we may not see Majors introduced in-character in this series, the character of Kang will at least be referenced as the one behind everything. I'm also wondering if Ravonna Renslayer could be Kang's partner/accomplice, but that's solely my guess.

Anyway, I know this has been mentioned before, but the consensus certainly seems to be growing.

Ravonna apparently has a long and sordid backstory with Kang
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
One thing we can all agree about is that this show really changes your perspective on Alabama's classic anthem "Song of the South".

Well Momma got sick and daddy got down

The county got the farm and they moved to town
Papa got a job with the TVA
He bought a washing machine and then a Chevrolet
jeffk
AG
Random musing, but I really dig the gold and green treatment they gave the Marvel graphics.
YouBet
AG
After looking up Kang and getting some brief background (not familiar with him) and looking at these pics, I don't see how you're wrong here.

On E3, it's interesting how disparate the opinions are on it. People either seem to have loved it or hated it. Personally, I did not enjoy it. I thought the relationship between Loki and She Loki was forced and clumsy and I'm also not sure I like her character. Granted, with so few episodes they may not have much choice other than to hammer things in.

Thought the random fight scene with the three guards as they were running through the chaos of the city imploding was dumb and nonsensical. That seemed to have just been thrown in there to force some more action on the screen. The production values are stellar for a tv episode though.

I think the bi-sexual thing is unnecessary and virtue signaling, however if there is a character in Marvel that would be this way it's Loki so it didn't bother me. He's a borderline evil, God Prince of Mischief who lives for thousands of years. Anyone like that is going to dabble in all kinds of carnal pleasures.

Anyway, still all in; I just think this episode was a bridge episode of sorts.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Nothing wrong with all the speculation. Honestly the mephisto stuff was spot on, they just cut it out. All the foreshadowing about the rabbit (senor scratchy) was true, they just decided to go a different way in post production.
bluefire579
AG
#1 said:

Just finished watching it. I read the non spoiler comments on here before watching it and I was coming into this episode with low expectations based on some of your comments. But I thought it was great! Not sure why people are ridiculing Disney by making Loki "bi-sexual." I thought it was well established in the comics. The TVA employees being variants was bit of a shock. I immediately started thinking that Owen Wilson's character was an avid Jet Ski rider in a different time-line. My theory on how they get out of the planet is that the TVA shows up. I think somehow Loki and Lady Loki help some of the "Poorer People" that were shown in the beginning of the episode to escape the planet which then alerts the TVA that there is a Nexus event in that time-line and show up. Obviously just a theory that's most likely very wrong. Can't wait until next week.
This is also a character based off a Norse God who at one point transformed into a horse, got boned by a male stallion, and gave birth to the legendary horse that Odin rode into battle, so there's that
jeffk
AG
Also, it's not some sort of woke signaling by Disney as they're drawing straight (pun intended) from the comic source material.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.