***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

102,367 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MooreTrucker
AG
Yeah, I think "timeline" and "universe" are not the same thing. One timeline can have multiple universes.

I think.
JJxvi
AG
I think the way "timeline" is used in "sacred timeline" is just different than the way a sci fi/time travel fan thinks of a "timeline"
malenurse
AG
Mayor West said:

jeffk said:

When will we see a Deadpool Loki variant?

What if we did, but he was pruned?!

So, at the end of Deadpool 2, WW goes back and kills two versions of himself, he is pruning . . . WW variants?
double aught
AG
JJxvi said:

I think the way "timeline" is used in "sacred timeline" is just different than the way a sci fi/time travel fan thinks of a "timeline"
Eventually this gets too complicated and I start losing interest.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Or it could be that then dying was a branch and them surviving is the sacred path.
one MEEN Ag
AG
The big question I have is, after this next story arc what's left?

Multiverse level story arc would be done. Already doing time travel. So is there just a reboot?
JJxvi
AG
This show is all about establishing recasting acting talent in universe. "See, Loki could just as easily be played by this alligator!"
texasaggie04
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Multiverse level story arc would be done. Already doing time travel. So is there just a reboot?

Secret invasion?
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Reset all the characters into new ones, fill in their backstories either with movies or shows and then meld them together into the new avengers. They'll keep a couple of old ones around for continuity like captain Marvel and Spider-Man but already changed or planning on changing is:

Captain America: check
Thor: coming soon
There will be an iron man replacement at some point. The technology is there and the story of a genius similar to stark taking over his technology is easy to write (like ready player one style).

Add in photon and there's 6 already. They'll do new adventures and new villains. That's another 10-12 movies already.
AliasMan02
AG
Sorry, just getting caught up, but the dramatic timeline branch wasn't caused by two Lokis potentially being in love (or whatever), but by the impending death of a Loki. Right?

Lokis must always survive.

Edit: Except we've seen one die for real. Maybe that's acceptable because an exact copy survives.
YouBet
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

DC / Marvel crossover movies.
mazag08
AG
So maybe I missed it..

But at the end of episode 2 when Sylvie bombs the timeline, we see Ravonna grab a weapon from her collection of "trophies".

In episode 4 when Ravonna and Mobius are in her office, we see her put it back and he mentions something along the lines of "this might my favorite trophy of yours". Something like that..

Seemed odd to me.
malenurse
AG
YouBet said:

one MEEN Ag said:

DC / Marvel crossover movies.
texasaggie04
AG
mazag08 said:

So maybe I missed it..

But at the end of episode 2 when Sylvie bombs the timeline, we see Ravonna grab a weapon from her collection of "trophies".

In episode 4 when Ravonna and Mobius are in her office, we see her put it back and he mentions something along the lines of "this might my favorite trophy of yours". Something like that..

Seemed odd to me.

I could be wrong but in episode 2, I think she pulls her TVA pruning stick off the wall. In episode 4 she's putting up one of the Loki daggers as a trophy (when he steals her TVA warping device).
bobinator
AG
The "nexus event" was seemingly them falling in love, but we don't know what that was going to lead to.

I'm assuming whatever was going to happen is still going to happen and that will be how this season ends.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Sorry, just getting caught up, but the dramatic timeline branch wasn't caused by two Lokis potentially being in love (or whatever), but by the impending death of a Loki. Right?

Edit: Except we've seen one die for real. Maybe that's acceptable because an exact copy survives.

One or both of them dying seems to be a really good answer to this and why the line was so steep and climbing as the planet was about to be destroyed.
KCup17
AG
When I was watching the latest episode live I thought the pruning of Loki meant that Sylvie would be the new Loki moving forward and that was Marvel's way of recasting the character. Then after the end scene I scrapped that idea.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Finally got to watch yesterday.

For any Dark Tower fans, I wonder if you had feelings from Wolves of the Calla like I did when the Timekeepers' robotic form was revealed - I know Wizard of Oz is the much more obvious similarity.

Is there any way this series has any other ending scene besides Owen Wilson on a jet ski?
bobinator
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

AliasMan02 said:

One or both of them dying seems to be a really good answer to this and why the line was so steep and climbing as the planet was about to be destroyed.
I was thinking about this and I don't think so, but this kind of starts to hurt your head to think about.

So we know that the TVA can't sense their presence until a nexus event happens that wasn't supposed to happen. If them dying was going to break time in two, then the nexus event would have registered as soon as the TemPad was broken right? Because from that point on, they're going to die on that planet.

But this nexus event didn't happen until their conversation at the end, so it has to be something that happened between them.

I still think whatever was going to happen is going to happen to end the season.
Dro07
AG
they merge and become one... Kinda like the movie Predestination
bobinator
AG
She stabs him and as each Loki dies, the remaining Lokis become more powerful. Wasn't that the plot of a Jet Li movie?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bobinator said:

She stabs him and as each Loki dies, the remaining Lokis become more powerful. Wasn't that the plot of a Jet Li movie?

MooreTrucker
AG
The Highlander. Loved that movie and TV show.
TexasAggie_02
AG
What if dormammu is behind the TVA? after his tussle with strange, he creates the tva to ensure that Thanos destroys the stones, removing strange's primary defense against the dark dimension?
AMW2010
AG
WOW!!!!

They just keep getting better!!

Classic Loki was AWESOME!!!!!

And can't wait til we see behind the curtain next week for the finale!!!

The music in this one was really dope!
Dirk Diggler
AG
Interesting episode.
"Loki's survive"
redline248
AG
Imagine standing right next to a 5 inch gun and not wearing earmuffs while it fires

but seriously, this show is good.
Not a Bot
AG
Well, they dropped a pretty big hint (or red herring) as to the creator of the TVA.

A being existing "beyond" timelines? Kept saying "beyond" over and over again. The Beyonder. But this doesn't make a lot of sense with the storyline if you compare it to the comics unless they totally changed the character.

Dro07
AG
has there been any confirmation that we will have secret wars? if so then its a possibility
Not a Bot
AG
I don't think so, unless they are going to turn it into a TV series. It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the Marvel movie universe they are building. Maybe all of the fighters will be variants, so as not to disturb the main movie timeline.

But then again, in the first episode, Miss Minutes gave a description of a huge multiverse war which led to the timekeepers' creation of the TVA and the importance of the sacred timeline. The next Dr. Strange will have multiverse elements. We know Kang, a time traveler, will be in the next Ant Man. Maybe the thing behind all of this has a vested interest in the outcome of the Secret Wars and maybe that will be a key plot line in Phase 4.

Hoping for some sort of big reveal next week.
YNWA_AG
AG

Same name but different earths
redline248
AG
I noticed it and thought Qeng and Kang are pretty similar. Probably a misdirect?
YNWA_AG
AG
I mean the alioth is super connected to Kang as well. Can't see how he isn't at least revealed like thanos in avengers in this show with all the Kang Easter eggs
aTmLoKi
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I mean the alioth is super connected to Kang as well. Can't see how he isn't at least revealed like thanos in avengers in this show with all the Kang Easter eggs
This.

Plus, that looked a lot like Chronopolis once Alioth had been enchanted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.