***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

100,495 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sex Panther said:

Nice catch
So now that makes you wonder...is Loki in a timeline where there is already another Loki? Is this his original timeline?

Questions beget answers that beget more questions.
JJxvi
AG
The TVA is not in a timeline. A TVA is in charge of monitoring many Loki's, not just one.
Sex Panther
AG
I dunno... honestly the speculation is getting to be a little too much for me. I love discussing Marvel but I really don't want to start reading posts contemplating Ant-Man and String Theory. I trust Marvel though and they've definitely been preparing for this and have a plan.

Not aimed at you PatAg or your post, just a general observation.
BowSowy
AG
PatAg said:

Sex Panther said:

Nice catch
So now that makes you wonder...is Loki in a timeline where there is already another Loki? Is this his original timeline?

Questions beget answers that beget more questions.
Not going to put spoiler tags on this sense the season is over.

I just watched a Screencrush video, and he speculated that this "new" TVA has Kang the Conqueror as the leader. Kang has zero interest in pruning Lokis because Lokis bring chaos to the timeline which is exactly what he needs to rule.
Sex Panther
AG
In regards to Kang, what is his helmet thing? Why does he look blue? I'm assuming he's actually a white guy because Immortus is white, right? Don't care at all about him being played by a black guy, just curious.

I am laughing at the eventual meeting between MCU Reed Richards and Kang since apparently they are related. I can see Reed saying "Yes, I see the resemblance"
Sex Panther
AG
Also, so Kang as big and bad as he is... has no super powers?
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther said:

I dunno... honestly the speculation is getting to be a little too much for me. I love discussing Marvel but I really don't want to start reading posts contemplating Ant-Man and String Theory. I trust Marvel though and they've definitely been preparing for this and have a plan.

I've admittedly glazed over the past couple pages of posts as well, as it's all become too much for even me to try and dive into. I just knew people were confused, as was I, but I didn't really care about the exact travel travel mechanics of it all. When I randomly noticed Mobius' tie, though, and I started pulling at that string, it all snapped into focus a bit more, at least enough that I don't really have any other lingering questions. This is enough for me going forward, and by the time season two comes around we'll have seen both No Way Home and The Multiverse of Madness and the game will be completely different anyway.
bilbobag
Pretty in depth breakdown of the finale episode:

My headed is still spinning after watching the finale episode and this breakdown of the finale
BowSowy
AG
From what I gather, he can manipulate time
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther said:

In regards to Kang, what is his helmet thing? Why does he look blue? I'm assuming he's actually a white guy because Immortus is white, right? Don't care at all about him being played by a black guy, just curious.

I am laughing at the eventual meeting between MCU Reed Richards and Kang since apparently they are related. I can see Reed saying "Yes, I see the resemblance"

That would be hilarious. In one of those recent ScreenCrush videos, he also speculated that they could retcon it and make him a descendant of a different scientist instead - Tony Stark. Which could be cool, seeing as Stark basically discovered/invented time travel. There'd be an interesting irony there, with Tony using time travel to defeat Thanos, which ultimately becomes the primary tool of his descendant, a villain far worse than Thanos.
Sex Panther
AG
Oh for sure, it's a great observation and one of the things we should be catching and what make it so good. I love how detail-oriented Marvel is

Also, I just can't get over the fact that Marvel faked everyone out (definitely on purpose and masterfully) with Mephisto and Quiksilver in WandaVision... so then in Loki, they made it clear that we shouldn't get fooled again, and of course, the theme of the show is Loki wrestling his own demons... i.e. facing himself figuratively and literally. So it was absolutely obvious it would be a Loki at the very end...

Marvel:

TCTTS
AG
Hahaha yep. They even f/cked with us by putting that Mephisto-like devil figure in the stain-glass window in the church where we first meet Mobius in episode one. So good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not to sound like a dick, but I genuinely thought all of those were obvious...
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Like I mentioned, I've seen a few posts thinking that was *our* Mobius who didn't recognize Loki, and that he'd simply had his mind wiped or something. So my main reason for posting that was to show for those people that we are, in fact, dealing with two different TVAs now. That, and I got the basic gist prior, but just typing all that out helped me make it all crystal clear in my mind as well.
PatAg
AG
Sex Panther said:

I said the same thing on the previous page.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So obvious no one mentioned it until TCTTS put some pictures up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean not the tie, but every other point he made.
AliasMan02
AG
Man... The way they're able to keep the stakes so high is crazy. So good.
TexasAggie_02
AG
All i could think about when Kang was talking was George Costanza

bobinator
AG
I also agree that was obvious. Of all the things I'm not too sure about, I thought it was clear that that was our Loki, but not our Mobius.

I guess it helps to lay it out all like that but I thought the fact that they didn't recognize him made that the clear implication there.
MooreTrucker
AG
bobinator said:

I also agree that was obvious. Of all the things I'm not too sure about, I thought it was clear that that was our Loki, but not our Mobius.

I guess it helps to lay it out all like that but I thought the fact that they didn't recognize him made that the clear implication there.
I didn't think it was all that clear. I thought maybe things were reset or something and their memories were reset/erased.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean, we'd literally just seen the timeline branch into thousands of timelines. I'm just surprised people didn't immediately go to that rather than a mind wipe.

I will say though, something I didn't notice till a friend pointed it out is how in the episode intro, it zooms out of what appears to be our universe, then goes into a second one, and that's where HWR's castle was.

Possible that there was already a second multiverse even before they killed him?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
MooreTrucker said:

bobinator said:

I didn't think it was all that clear. I thought maybe things were reset or something and their memories were reset/erased.

Anyone matter of factly stating that's not the Mobius we know is jumping to conclusions. That could be the case, but by no means is that a certainty.

How many folks were *certain* an evil Loki would be behind the TVA?

This could still go either way: New Mobius, mind wiped Mobius, or something entirely different.

Thanks and gig'em
MooreTrucker
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

This could still go either way: New Mobius, mind wiped Mobius, or something entirely different.

That's it!!! It's that guy!!!!
JJxvi
AG
Early in the series, when Mobius was chatting with Renslayer about her trophies, it was indicated that she had other analysts or another analyst that she worked with besides Mobius who he had never met. I kinda assumed that this was to be just an indication that she has other Mobius' that were working for her (which was never paid off, they hammered home that everyone is a variant, but not the possibilities of multiple variants of the same person working for them).

Whats interesting is that the new Mobius at the end of this thinks that Loki is also an analyst.
BCG Disciple
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I guess I'm mostly struggling with concept that the TVA exists outside of time. There should only be "our" mobius and "our" tva. I'm to the point where I think this was another TVA and it clearly does not exist outside of time.
bobinator
AG
This is why I don't like the naming convention this show used. The TVA exists outside of time in one universe, but now that universe has split into a multiverse, some (all?) now with their own respective TVAs.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think the TVA is in the quantum realm (as probably theorized already), and thus why time passes a lot more slowly. (Hours QR time = years real world time as per Endgame)

I'm betting that's the reason they say it's "out of time", but it actually is part of the timeline.
Dro07
AG
Then why did michelle pfeiffer age at the same rate michael douglas did in Ant man 2?
bobinator
AG
I think whether it's in the quantum realm or some kind of void or whatever doesn't really make much of a practical difference thought right? Either way it's somehow part of the universe, meaning that if the universe splits then that new universe could also have a TVA.
Batzarro
AG
Sex Panther said:

Haha yes. I suppose in the 31st Century many of us will have descendants that look way different than we'd expect.
JJxvi
AG
Kang the Conqueror wears a blue mask...because, like, he was designed for a comic book...
FHKChE07
AG
You don't think that a white someone's descendant could not be black by the time 1000 years has passed?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Dro07 said:

Then why did michelle pfeiffer age at the same rate michael douglas did in Ant man 2?

There's different levels of the quantum realm, you see that in both ant man movies as they shrink smaller and smaller. We don't know for certain what level she or Scott were on and how time works at those levels.
TexasAggie_02
AG
FHKChE07 said:

You don't think that a white someone's descendant could not be black by the time 1000 years has passed?

I think they were asking in relation to the comics. Why is kang blue, but immortus is white? Wanting to know if comic kang is actually blue or if it's a mask. They then throw in the "I don't care if the TV show character is black" which makes the original question confusing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.