***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

107,990 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saxsoon said:

I never imagined that Owen Wilson would be one of the strongest aspects of this show.
i won't claim to have ever thought that the MCU needed to add owen wilson (especially since he hasn't been in much lately). but pretty much from the first trailer he was in, i thought it was pretty obvious that he was going to be great in this role.

that said, he and hiddleston together are somehow killing it even more than i hoped
Decay
AG
I'm enjoying Owen Wilson play a really "smart" character. In plenty of movies he knows how to game the system, he's clever, etc but it's usually an aloof way, and he gets played for laughs when it comes down to it.

But here he's allowed to be brilliant and a little twisted - the part where he gives Loki the two options was incredible. He's shown as almost much up to the task of keeping up with the God of Mischief.
Phat32
AG
Great so far
Sex Panther
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

wondering if the time-keepers actually exist...or they have died and someone else is running everything behind the scenes.
I think there is a very, very small chance they actually exist. Too many things like "they're busy," and "they're in their chambers working hard." It's all very fishy

Yeah, they definitely don't exist. Or its some kind of Wizard of Oz situation... Marvel will probably be able to come up with a twist on them we don't see coming.

Either that or its Mephisto...
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Kang the Conqueror is already confirmed as a villain for the next Antman movie.

Maybe Kang gets introduced here.

There aren't three lizard timekeepers. Just one Kang.
Red Five
AG
Or just 3 different versions of Kang - Kang, Immortus, and Rama-tut.
JCRiley09
AG
One of the ScreenCrush videos pointed out that the middle of the three time keeper statues looks a lot like the actor cast for Kang
C@LAg
Fightin TX Aggie said:

we have talking trees, talking raccoons, a living planet, Pym particles, etc, and you have a problem with time-controlling space lizards?
bobinator
AG
What are the current odds that the timekeepers exist? Like 20:1 against?
TexasAggie_02
AG
bobinator said:

What are the current odds that the timekeepers exist? Like 20:1 against?

The real time keepers were the friends we made along the way.
MooreTrucker
AG
C@LAg said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

we have talking trees, talking raccoons, a living planet, Pym particles, etc, and you have a problem with time-controlling space lizards?
I don't have a problem with them, I just think they don't actually exist except as a front for someone else. Mobius's boss, I suspect, or her boss that we haven't met yet.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
C@LAg said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

The poster probably doesn't have a problem with it just saying factually they don't exist. They're just referenced to keep the small time people believing in something
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Red Five said:

Maybe it's Kang, Kodos and some other alien from Rigel VII
bobinator
AG
Do we think there are multiple Mobius'? Mobii?

The "they're all from you" rings on the table thing got me thinking about that.
BCG Disciple
AG
This series makes me wonder how much more awesome the Jet Li movie The One would be if it also had Owen Wilson.
Sex Panther
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

Red Five said:

Maybe it's Kang, Kodos and some other alien from Rigel VII

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos
W
AG
is there an explanation coming for why the TVA's computers and interior decors are 1970's vintage?

instead of 1950's or 1990's or 2010's, etc..,
bobinator
AG
It's kinda fun?
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
bobinator said:

It's kinda fun?

It's definitely got a Fallout vibe which I love.
Decay
AG
W said:

is there an explanation coming for why the TVA's computers and interior decors are 1970's vintage?

New Rockstars mentioned that there's a little anti-technology vibe to this show. The high tech/digital stuff gets broken, busted, is worthless etc while the analog 'timeless' stuff always works and underlies the most powerful force in the universe.

I think it's just a little bit of role-reversal from all the high tech gizmos the MCU has had up to now with stuff like Iron Man, the Kree, Xandar, what have you.

edit: and why it's that particular time period? Who knows. It does fit the file cabinets and tube TV motif I suppose.
bobinator
AG
There's probably some kind of practical reason like it's a lot cheaper to create those parts of the show so they can save money for other stuff.
MooreTrucker
AG
Yeah, I laughed when the guy called to report the MAJOR problem and had to dial a rotary phone.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

C@LAg said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

The poster probably doesn't have a problem with it just saying factually they don't exist. They're just referenced to keep the small time people believing in something

Both wrong.

TexasAggie_02
AG
W said:

i believe the director mentioned that he wanted to capture the bloated bureaucracy that has to deal with outdated equipment - vibe.
bobinator
AG
I assume the original TVA was a possible play on the Tennessee Valley Authority maybe which might have something to do with the decor theme?
texasaggie04
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

wondering if the time-keepers actually exist...or they have died and someone else is running everything behind the scenes.
I think there is a very, very small chance they actually exist. Too many things like "they're busy," and "they're in their chambers working hard." It's all very fishy

Did anybody catch what C-20 was saying near the end? Something about giving away the location of the timekeepers?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
That's what I heard. Something like, "I told her how to reach the timekeepers."
Thanks and gig'em
bluefire579
AG
TCTTS
AG
One thing I'm curious about... why does the TVA consist only of humans? If the TVA is for all of time across all the universe, why are only human-looking beings running it? Where are the alien-looking employees? I realize the explanation is more likely budgetary in reason on Marvel's end, but I wonder if they'll try and explain it in-show (especially if the whole thing ends up being some kind ruse, which would make more sense),
bobinator
AG
Could just be the only part of the TVA we've seen so far?
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that could be it.
jeffk
AG
The folks in the TVA appear to be the race of whatever outsider they're interacting with?
redline248
AG
Have we even seen any non human variants, yet?

I suppose technically, Loki isn't human
mazag08
AG
bobinator said:

Quote:

So has the multiverse of madness now begun?
Seems to me the plot of this show will be for Loki to undo what she did, only to somehow do it himself.

The timekeepers know that there will always be a variant Loki chasing a variant Loki. These just happen to be the two at this moment.
mazag08
AG
Oh, and the TVA is so incredibly similar to in style to the time keeping group in Umbrella Academy it's scary.

Considering TVA was a comic concept first (I think), it's most likely that umbrella academy took cues from it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.