2017 concerts

82,281 Views | 806 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Lost
Trident 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I skipped Ghost, but I agree with your comments about Iron Maiden's performance. It was too loud to hear the individual instruments. If I didn't know the songs, I would have been pissed about the wall of noise.
ellebee
Oh man I love it when I drunk buy concert tickets and see them next time I check my email.

Anyone got megadeth tickets? I'm tossing that idea around but they're kind of pricey and I've probably exceeded my nonexistent concert budget for the year. I've never seen them and haven't listened to them in years but man i used to love them.
Know Your Enemy
AG
They have $20 tickets through tomorrow I think.
ellebee
Woah. Where? Ticketmaster?
Know Your Enemy
AG
ellebee said:

Woah. Where? Ticketmaster?

Live Nation
Echoes97
AG
ellebee said:

Oh man I love it when I drunk buy concert tickets and see them next time I check my email.

Anyone got megadeth tickets? I'm tossing that idea around but they're kind of pricey and I've probably exceeded my nonexistent concert budget for the year. I've never seen them and haven't listened to them in years but man i used to love them.
Absolutely going to Megadeth! With Meshuggah? Sold. That's gonna be a great show, I've seen Megadeth numerous times as a big fan, and am looking forward to seeing Kiko on guitar and Dirk V. on drums. Should be badass! In Houston for me.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
ellebee
It's scorpions and megadeth for the show I would go to in San Antonio. Really want to go but still deciding. Open Air, toadies and DMX in about a week span set me back a bit.
KidDoc
AG
ellebee said:

It's scorpions and megadeth for the show I would go to in San Antonio. Really want to go but still deciding. Open Air, toadies and DMX in about a week span set me back a bit.
Scorpions really? I thought they were done. Has anyone seen them in the last few years that is one band I never got around to seeing that I like most of their music.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Scorpions are still great live. Klaus Meine's vocals are holding up very well and he hardly uses any effects.
digging tunnels
AG
I may join ya. Depends if I go out of town or not
mhayden
PatAg said:

ellebee said:

ellebee said:

Seeing them Wednesday. They're on my bucket list. Rise against is just a plus.

Rise against was definitely not a plus. I can count on one finger how many times I've seen a band live that I somewhat liked and it's made me like them less. They were off beat throughout and homeboy liked to hear himself ramble on between songs. I love Give It All and like some of their other songs alright but they were terrible live.

Now Deftones on the other hand...
This is what's known as an opinion, and not a widely shared one. (about rise against)

There has been internet rumblings that his voice is not aging well. It's been a few years since I've seen them, so I can't comment.
Dr.Rumack
Did both nights of U2 at Giants stadium.

Night One - GA, about twenty feet from the small stage. Excellent views. Seemed like band was a bit tired.

Night Two - Sec 109 Row 6. Good 'other' view. Better show. Mysterious Ways played for first time in many years.

Contemplating New Orleans show.

TP Ag '87
AG
Scorps? Their website shows Dallas and SA in Oct. ??
Know Your Enemy
AG
Just saw Crobot at Curtain Club in Deep Ellum. Those guys are so ****ing great.
BCSWguru
saw firehouse last night in Keller and what a show it was. CJ Snare still sings like a champ. And the setlist was almost perfect.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Saw Jamestown Revival, Steve Earl, and Ryan Bingham last weekend. Awesome concert, Ryan Bingham puts on a show.
Sex Panther
AG
Gorillaz in Chicago on Saturday was incredible. If anyone is going to ACL I'd highly recommend you make sure and catch their set
jorgerr96
Supposedly U2 already booked their 2018 North American arena dates in support of their upcoming album
digging tunnels
AG
Megadeth was absolutely fantastic! New guitarist Kiko is killer and clean. New drummer is kickass too. Best they have sounded in years
BCSWguru
anyone ever been to the Washington County fair in Brenham? Dwight Yoakam is playing there this year.
ellebee
ellebee said:

Got my DMX tickets for September! Hope he can stay out of jail until then.

Called it...
BCSWguru
caught John Anderson in Salado last night at a hidden gem called Johnny's Outback. Surprisingly, this was one of the louder shows I've been to and it was pretty damn good. He played 23 songs, quite a bargain for 20 bucks.

SeattleAgJr
VNV Nation next month.
Depeche Mode in October

Maybe Gorillaz.
Sex Panther
AG
Saw Kendrick Friday night, he was fantastic if you like rap.

Most rappers are straight garbage live, but Kendrick is incredible.
Jim01
AG
Modest Mouse just announced some Texas dates. Hell yeah! I've heard they are hit or miss live but they are on my concert bucket list. One of my favorite bands I've never seen live.

SEP 12 TUE
Revention Music Center
Houston, TX

SEP 14 THU
South Side Ballroom
Dallas, TX

SEP 15 FRI
Whitewater Amphitheatre
Canyon Lake, TX
Sazerac
AG
I'd like to see them also...have a flight that lands at 8pm...they probably won't go on til 930 or so, right?
Jim01
AG
Yeah I would think the typical doors at 7:00, opener around 8:00, so MM around 9:30 or so.
Echoes97
AG
Seeing Jason Isbell again tonight, always a killer show, looking forward to it.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Jim01
AG
Jason Isbell was fantastic last night. Only negative was they had seats which I didn't care for.

Modest Mouse pre-sale is up. Password is STRANGERS

I grabbed a GENADM seat for Houston, and was able to use a couple of the $2.25 settlement vouchers.
mhayden
Rumor has it Junkhead went to see Neil Diamond last night. Everyone laugh at him!
Know Your Enemy
AG
free_mhayden said:

Rumor has it Junkhead went to see Neil Diamond last night. Everyone laugh at him!
Do I need to post the text message exchange?
ellebee
They don't show Houston, Austin or San Antonio as available cities when I look at the settlement voucher page. How did you redeem them?
Jim01
AG
Go all the way to checkout and on the page you put your credit card info in there is a place to put Voucher Code. I just tried a few $2.25 and they worked. Only two worked though, it wouldn't let me redeem more than that, and it wouldn't let me use the free ticket voucher on it.
mhayden
Junkhead said:

free_mhayden said:

Do I need to post the text message exchange?

I'd prolly be too ampted up to read it. Neil took it up to 11 last night. Melted faces.
Know Your Enemy
AG
So did you have to stand or did you and the other olds sit through most of the show?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.