2017 concerts

82,840 Views | 806 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Lost
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was this dude there too?

BCSWguru
he actually joked about that.
AgLaw
AG
Took a bucket list trip to The Gorge in Washington and saw Jack Johnson and The Avett Brothers. Man, what a venue. Definitely worth the effort.

The show was fantastic. Two of my all-time favorite bands.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Not a fan of either of them but The Gorge is definitely on my list of venues I have to get to along with Red Rocks. Very cool that you made it up there.
Azariah
AG
Shaman's Harvest / Daughtry / Nickleback was in The Woodlands on Friday. I had a great time. I've never seen anyone on stage who looked like they enjoyed being a rock star as much as the Nickleback lead singer.
AgHawkToo
AgLaw said:

Took a bucket list trip to The Gorge in Washington and saw Jack Johnson and The Avett Brothers. Man, what a venue. Definitely worth the effort.

Me and wife were there. I saw an aggie hat sitting in the chairs pretty close to the middle!! Thought the Avetts should have been given more time and liked the other opener quite a bit. Good time but a tough drive back to Hood River. Next time we are camping.
jorgerr96
https://instagr.am/p/BXJq4qQD4Nd

https://instagr.am/p/BXLVsbGD9uA

7th Tallica show of the summer. Easily the #1 show of my short life
Greeze06
AG
Does lars have any pants on?
62strat
AG
I forget if I asked, did you recently become a Metallica fan, or have you seen them multiple times on tours in the past as well?

Meet and greet and snake pit will never be beat.
jorgerr96
2008 so 6th grade. Only did 1 on that tour. The other was a club show last december
jorgerr96
I met some die hards tru the local chapters. A guy from austin hit 64 shows after the texas run
62strat
AG
Ahh, dang you became a fan right before their longest tour drought! At least they are still around doing it so you can see them. I worry my kids may never get the change (just 1.5 and 3 yrs. old).

I never really thought about seeing them multiple times. I don't know that they vary the set list quite enough for me to do so. Now if I had snake pit every show, absolutely, but otherwise, I've just hit them once every tour.

I'm surprised I didn't go to a few of the dallas shows in 2000, I was in college, had no excuse really! I wanted to go to one of the shows in 92, I didn't even have the guts to ask my parents hah.

I would say I'm a pretty die hard fan. Had lots of posters, tshirts, all the tapes, then cds, bought every cd on first day of release, have a drum set like lars.
ellebee
Just picked up blue October for Stubbs in November. Third eye blind going on sale Thursday!
petey88
AgLaw said:

Good stuff

In '97, my Aggie buddy that lived in Oregon & I wanted to go see John Fogerty on The Blue Moon Swamp come back tour at The Gorge. He had just finished up chemo, and didn't want to be in the rain.

We saw Fogerty days before in Eugene, Oregon at the Cuthbert Amphitheater on the Duck's campus,....front row, great show.

I flew back to Austin, saw Fogerty at The Austin Music Hall, and maybe a week later at The Woodlands. Fogerty gave my 5 year old God Son a guitar pick, it was very cool.
yestoast
Azariah said:

Shaman's Harvest / Daughtry / Nickleback was in The Woodlands on Friday. I had a great time. I've never seen anyone on stage who looked like they enjoyed being a rock star as much as the Nickleback lead singer.
TP Ag '87
AG
Debating Fuel/Sponge next week.
Sazerac
AG
Any pics from The Gorge?

How long was the Avett set? Seeing them in a couple weeks here in Houston and then in Mexico in February.
AgLaw
AG
cclearman said:

Any pics from The Gorge?

How long was the Avett set? Seeing them in a couple weeks here in Houston and then in Mexico in February.

If I can figure out how to get my pictures uploaded and hosted, I'll post them.

Avetts only played for about an hour, but they came back on for the last couple of songs of Jack Johnson's set and for a couple of encores. They are so good. The best live band I've ever seen.

The wife and I considered the February trip, but had to pass. Our kids (junior and soph) are still at home, so we'll probably hold off until the last one leaves in a few years. Hopefully, they are still doing that weekend. Come back to this thread after you get back. I'd be interested in your take on the experience.
Sazerac
AG
if you just want to post a few pics from your phone use "upit" app. Super simple.

I use google photos for picture storage but a complete PITA to share the URL on texags
AgHawkToo
They played an hour. Did you go to the Mexico show this year? We went and we are going again. It's an amazing setup.
Sazerac
AG
No, I only heard about it from this thread back in March. Couldn't believe I missed out on Avetts and Isbell! Glad to hear it's an awesome event.
TheDino
AG
Saw Froggy Fresh last night in San Antonio. We had a blast!
BCSWguru
I made the trek down to Schulenburg to see Shenandoah. So many hits. Glad Marty is back, still has the voice.

mhayden
TP Ag '87 said:

Debating Fuel/Sponge next week.

I'm a bit biased because Sponge is probably my favorite rock band to come out of the 90s -- but saw them a few months back during the Summerland tour and if nothing else Vinnie still treats every show like he is still fronting a band that is packing the house. Looking forward to see them in Dallas on Friday (though not looking forward to the Curtain Club).
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'll be at Fuel tomorrow night.
mhayden
Junkhead - you're my local concert venue guru -- what is Curtain Club like? There's a "Balcony - VIP", but as far as I can tell there is no seating?
Know Your Enemy
AG
There are a handful of table and stools but not many. The balcony isn't always open. Depends on how many people will be at the show. Was just there recently for the first time in easily over a decade.
jorgerr96
Went to see Queen + Adam Lambert. Obviously never got to see Freddie but Adam did a really great job.

Off to Outside Lands this week for my final Metallica show, planning on seeing The Who, Lorde, Gorillaz, and Jeff Goldblum.
TP Ag '87
AG
How so?
mhayden
TP Ag '87 said:

How so?

When I saw them at the Summerland Tour they were in a pretty big venue and of the 4 bands they had the earliest time slot -- so I think they went on at like 6 or so and the place maybe had 40 people there in a large GA area.

Vinnie still came out and bounced around the stage, got down into the crowd and sang, etc... Just seemed like a guy that genuinely still loved playing like a rock star no matter how big or small the crowd.
Phat32
AG
Saw Andrew McMahon at the Dallas show on the 23rd and...good Lord. That was one of the best live performances I've ever seen. There's a reason Billy Joel has called him up to the big leagues.

Some photos:

Highly recommend seeing him if you enjoy that kind of music. Absolute talent.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Looking to buy tickets for GnR at the Alamodome on Sept 8th. How is the sound for concerts there? Any sections not recommended? I'm taking my family to the show so I'm looking to sit a little higher and not on the floor. I'll probably go to Houston or Tulsa and get floor seats by myself.

jorgerr96
Go to Houston. **** the Alamodome. Worst venue I've ever been.

They should demolish it to put it out of its misery.

I had a M&G with Avenged Sevenfold there and even M. Shadows was shocked when the lights at the room weren't even working.
TP Ag '87
AG
That's good. I appreciate guys that love what they do. Looking forward to Thursday.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Fuel was fun.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.