2017 concerts

82,835 Views | 806 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Lost
94DallasAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
27 years ago I saw the Violator tour at Starplex. Tonight I get to see Depeche Mode again in the same venue

Update :

- 4 decades and they still kill it on stage
- Starplex was packed - awesome crowd - audience was way into it
- Martin Gore's solos of both A Question of Lust and Somebody were the best I've ever heard them played (I've seen DM 7 times now)
- To this day Gahan still gets the entire crowd waving their arms during Never Let Me Down Again - Ala 101
- In a nutshell - great show - they truly are one of the most influential bands of the last 40 years

jorgerr96
Saw HAIM for the 10th and 11th time last weekend in Chicago and Detroit.
Working the Luke Bryan show in Dallas tomorrow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Green Day is a hell of a live act. Impressed with how great they sounded and good they were at firing up the crowd.

Stevie Wonder also great as expected. Hell of a band he's got.
mhayden
I completed my 90's-2000's reunion tour Friday night with Offspring/Fake Sublime.

Saw Arrested Development the week before that, Sponge the week before that, and 311 the week before that.

birdman

I saw Steve Winwood in Sugarland last week. Winwood might have put on the best show I've ever seen. He is simply amazing and just blew the doors off the place.

First time I've seen a show at Smart Financial Center. That's a great new place and fills a void for mid-sized acts.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Come to think of it, I've seen Incubus, Offspring, and Green Day in the past month or two.

Would've been Sublime too but I left after Offspring to beat the traffic.

Been quite the 90's/00's summer concert series.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Come to think of it, I've seen Incubus, Offspring, and Green Day in the past month or two.

What'd you think of Incubus? I saw them years ago at the height of their popularity and loved the show. Was gonna go to their Dallas stop, but I heard a lot of negative reviews from some pretty big fans regarding their Houston date, and then more of the same from Dallas.

Also I'm not a huge Green Day fan but I'll echo that when I saw them live I was really impressed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I thought it was a good show, except honestly there was a surprising amount of songs I didn't recognize. (At least half.) And a handful of songs I wanted to hear that they didn't play.

But of the "big hits" they played, they all sounded great. And they played The Warmth, which is my favorite, so I was happy.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Anyone need tickets to Kaleo tomorrow night in Dallas?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Gov't Mule killed yet again tonight. Warren Haynes is amazing.
HeadGames
AG
Saw arcade fire on Wednesday. Was great, as expected.
BCSWguru
saw Paramore tonight in Dallas. freakin amazing show.

HeadGames
AG
Is Hayley still hot?
BCSWguru
in short, yes
jetch17
AG
Just saw Pushmonkey announced a show at BFE Rockclub in Houston in November ... i may have to go see that for pure sh*ts & grins for a blast from the good ol' days
62strat
AG
jetch17 said:

Just saw Pushmonkey announced a show at BFE Rockclub in Houston in November ... i may have to go see that for pure sh*ts & grins for a blast from the good ol' days
They played a show back earlier this year at BFE.. June I think? Pics showed some other dude in Will's place.

I would be all over that! Enjoy.

Still pretty bitter they never played any songs of the first album! Must have something to do with Darwin.
TexAgsSean
AG
LSCSN said:

saw Paramore tonight in Dallas. freakin amazing show.

Saw them in Houston on the 29th. Awesome show but very disappointed they didn't play anything from All We Know Is Falling. Been listening to them since summer of '05 and was looking forward to at least a song or two from that album.
mhayden
Tom Keifer from Cinderella (if I can get out to Irving in time) and then Tesla tonight!
BCSWguru
7 tunes i think from After Laughter. Could have done without one or two of those, but its arguably their best record. They brought energy like no other and the band was super tight.
MooreTrucker
AG
free_mhayden said:

Tom Keifer from Cinderella (if I can get out to Irving in time) and then Tesla tonight!
Two of my faves! Both great shows.
TexAgsSean
AG
Yeah - there was a song or two they could have done without from After Laughter. They finished with Rose-Colored Boy at the Houston show, which was a little surprising. They could have also done without the Fleetwood Mac cover. AL is a great album but I think my favorite is probably Brand New Eyes.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Bob Seger tour has been postponed. Apparently he is having back issues and the doctor wants him to rest.
petey88

I got the email too. Apparently a pinched nerve in his neck vertabra, was going to his show in a couple of weeks. Saw him a couple of years ago at the Toyota Center in Houston with the original Silver Bullet Band, was a very good concert.

He's 72 years old now, was surprised when he announced a tour this year.
mhayden
Despite the fact that, as my gf put it, the lead singer "looks like my aunt" -- Tesla put on a great show last night. Great band. Ugly band... but great band.

MooreTrucker
AG
Yeah, Jeff Keith is not a pretty man, but they put on a great show. Frank Hannon is very underrated.
KidDoc
AG
free_mhayden said:

Despite the fact that, as my gf put it, the lead singer "looks like my aunt" -- Tesla put on a great show last night. Great band. Ugly band... but great band.

This is very true. Same with Black Crowe's, Aerosmith, Tom Petty (the late & great), Rolling Stones. Something to be said for an ugly band!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgLaw
AG
Knocking off another bucket list show tomorrow and Wednesday - Jason Isbell at the Ryman.
AgLaw
AG
Troutslime said:

Bob Seger tour has been postponed. Apparently he is having back issues and the doctor wants him to rest.
Rock-n-F'n-Roll!
Sex Panther
AG
AgLaw said:

Troutslime said:

Rock-n-F'n-Roll!

Lol, I saw Bob a few years ago and I was shocked for how well he got around and put on a pretty entertaining show... but dude is ****ing old
Know Your Enemy
AG
Scorpions canceled the rest of their tour due to vocal issues for Klaus Meine. I guess I'm going to St. Paul & the Broken Bones/Charley Crockett on Thursday now.
BCSWguru
Dwight Yoakam and Kyle Park on tap this weekend. Might squeeze in diamond rio again on the 21st.
jorgerr96
Foster the People at the HOB were pretty good.Had a dead battery so got a jumpstart and rushed to O'Reilly to buy a new one, missed half the opener set tho.

Driving later today to Austin for Harry Styles.
62strat
AG
AgLaw said:

Troutslime said:

Rock-n-F'n-Roll!
There is an interview of Dave Grohl by Lars, and they are discussing backstage life, and Lars says it's nothing like it used to be for them, they have physical therapists and they never play two in a row.. Dave throws in 'you guys got Geritol back there!'

Quite humorous. Sounds like the Foos still get pretty lit more often, although they are a bit younger than the metallica dudes and the guitar/drum parts are not quite as demanding in Food music.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Vince Neil was predictably bad last night.
mhayden
Saw Ryan Adams for the 3rd time last night and have finally come to the conclusion that while I enjoy his music, he's a whiny *****.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.