2017 concerts

81,898 Views | 806 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Lost
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got tickets for the Dallas Modest Mouse show. Thanks Jim!
mhayden
Junkhead said:

So did you have to stand or did you and the other olds sit through most of the show?

About like you said -- sat during a lot, stood during the bigger songs. Had one group of 3 middle-aged women that were trying way too hard to channel their inner Woodstock to the annoyance of everyone else on the floor. Finally came to a head when one of the women was trying to get some random stranger behind her to "stand up and have fun" by grabbing her arm and trying to pull her up and her husband forcibly removed her hand and said "don't touch my wife".

You experience it a lot more than I do, but concert etiquette completely goes over many people's heads.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Yeah, especially at shows like that you get a ton of people that probably go to 1 concert a year, if that. They don't know how to act and just get all stupid & annoying.
spadilly
S
That reminds me of a Jimmy Buffett show in Frisco a few years ago.
We were on the second to last row in the stands and had a older lady and her adult kids behind us.
Music starts, and I (a late twenty-something guy) stand up in my grass skirt and coconut bra, only to get pushed on the back.
I think it strange, but figure she's just drunk or something and stumbled into me. She proceeds to push me four or five more times and tells "BE A WINDOW, NOT A DOOR, IDIOT!"
I think I frustrated her more by laughing when she said it.

Her children jump up and apologize, telling me she's just mean when she drinks and they'd take care of her.
They were gone by the third song and I danced the night away.
ellebee
Thanks!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Incubus last night in Long Island. Great show.

Found it interesting that they played almost all the big hits in the first hour and left the newer / unknown stuff for the second half of the show.
Wicked Good Ag
August 1 James Taylor
Sept 14 U2
Sept 22 linkin Park (likely postponed/cancelled
Sept 23 Dwight Yoakum
Sept 24 Depesche Mode
Sept 30 counting Crows/Matchbox 20

Rather diverse range of music but looking forward to it

Also possible Violent Femms /Echo and the Bunnymen while in Colorado this coming week
Know Your Enemy
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

You think?????????
Sex Panther
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

BCSWguru
any decent shows tonight within 90 minutes of BCS?
AgLaw
AG
Saw Jack Johnson and the Avett Brothers last night at The Gorge in Washington. Incredible venue. Put that place on your bucket list to catch your favorite band.
Ronnie Woodard
AG
GNR with ZZ Top opening in San Antonio in September.
jorgerr96
GNR played for 3 hours and a half in Denmark. Really hope we get extended sets in Texas.
Excited for SA and HOU.
bert harbinson
AG
Don Henley birthday concert on Saturday. Great show with a good mix of Eagles, solo, duets, and a couple from his latest album, along with some story telling. Felt like a more intimate event despite the large venue, and had a definite local/Texas flavor to it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not something I would normally give 2 ****s about, but there is going to be a very sad 14 year old girl at my house tonight because of this news -> Justin Bieber just canceled the rest of his current tour, which July 29 was the JerryWorld date
AGnBCS
AG
I can hear three 27yr olds down the hall from my office that sound about as upset as a 14yr old about the beibs.
Jim01
AG
Ryan Adams just announced Texas dates. I'm not huge on Ryan Adams, though Heartbreaker is a perfect album, but I've heard he puts on a great rock show.

Sazerac
AG
please post presale code for Ryan Adams Houston Show (tix go on sale wednesday 7/26) if you get it

saw him at Red Rocks last month, it was great
Know Your Enemy
AG
cclearman said:

please post presale code for Ryan Adams Houston Show (tix go on sale wednesday 7/26) if you get it

saw him at Red Rocks last month, it was great
SUMMEROF69
Sazerac
AG
*zing*
jorgerr96
Won a M&G with Metallica this saturday. After 11 tries I was bound to at least win something on this tour lol.
VAXMaster
AG
Lyle Lovett and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band at Red Rocks tonight. LL said he first saw NGDB live at G Rollie White in 1976. I was in fourth grade and didnt make that one. Any of you there?
petey88

Not thrilled about it, yet a gal friend asked me to buy Bob Seger tickets for t.u.'s Frank Erwin Center Oct 24.

We saw CSNY there a few years ago, great show, venue sucks.

But she has good taste, closed her Lake Travis business one day in the early 2000's for Auditorium Shores B.B. King Blues Festival,...Doyle Bramhall II, John Hiatt, etc.

Saw Seger two years ago at Houston's Toyota Center, great show
jorgerr96
I've only been there once. I liked the arena, but parking is a pain. I parked at one of the school's lots and to get out took a while. Like 40 mins. Has never happened to me at the Toyota, AT&T or AAC.
Girlhowdy
AG
Section327Ag said:

Lyle Lovett and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band at Red Rocks tonight. LL said he first saw NGDB live at G Rollie White in 1976. I was in fourth grade and didnt make that one. Any of you there?

We were there (Red Rocks last night, not G Rollie in76). Great venue.
petey88
jorgerr96 said:

I've only been there once. I liked the arena, but parking is a pain. I parked at one of the school's lots and to get out took a while. Like 40 mins. Has never happened to me at the Toyota, AT&T or AAC.

Toyota was a breeze, parked like a block away for free.

AT&T for The Stones 2015, walked across the street from Days Inn.

Haven't been to AAC, but don't do Dallas much anymore, my preferred venue is The Moody Theater in Austin, then The Woodlands.

I though the sound for Erwin Center sucked, even Neil Young stopped the show, and restarted the song. Not sure if it was the mix, or the band, or the venue, but he was right.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Wish I could've been at this show.

97ag
AG
DRA2017
Sazerac
ellebee
Guess I'll go ahead and get blink tickets for the new braunfels show. It's the night after DMX. Gonna be rough.
yestoast
Junkhead said:

Wish I could've been at this show.

yestoast
Third Eye Blind a few Fridays ago was awesome. They played "red" cover to cover and high school me knew every word even though I hadn't sang it in years.

Incubus next Friday. Looking forward to that one too, although I'm not the biggest fan of the new album.
Jim01
AG
Gonna be a rough rider #aimirite
ellebee
HEEYYYYOHHHHH
BCSWguru
Saw Kip Winger solo in Waco last night. Sad reminder of how craptastic popular music is these days. Dude was legit, still sporting the V neck shirts too, ha.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.