2017 concerts

82,830 Views | 806 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Lost
AgJK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Please email me at jkjohn59@msn.com regarding TP tickets. I would like to buy them.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AgJK said:

Please email me at jkjohn59@msn.com regarding TP tickets. I would like to buy them.
email sent.
Froppe
AG
TXAGBQ76,
Are you Experienced?
You a bad man....

Goo Hoo!
Froppe
AG
Updated:

James Taylor & Bonnie Raitt, Toyota Center, August 1
Buddy Guy & Quinn Sullivan, Austin City Limits, August 31
Steve Winwood, Austin City Limits, September 20
Taj Mahal & Keb' Mo' (TajMo Band), Austin City Limits, September 22

Old school, baby.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Goo Hoo Froppe!

We are going to James Taylor also.

I've seen Quinn several times with Buddy, first time he about nine years old
Tanya 93
Sept 29th-Oct 1st----Roots Blues and BBQ festival!
Ryan Adams is headlining and it also will have John Prine, The Mavericks, Emmy Lou Harris, and Old 97's!
FancyKetchup14
AG
I just saw Explosions in the Sky. One of the best shows I've ever seen. If you ever get the chance to see them live you absolutely need to go see them.
Bunk Moreland
FancyKetchup14 said:

I just saw Explosions in the Sky. One of the best shows I've ever seen. If you ever get the chance to see them live you absolutely need to go see them.

Yup. Good ****
Jim01
AG
Saw them as the opening act for Arcade Fire on The Suburbs tour. Great band!
FancyKetchup14
AG
Just grabbed tickets for Dave and Tim in Nashville May 7th. Crossing another off the concert bucket list.
ellebee
APC put on a hell of a show last night. Seeing them live definitely made me more into them than I was before.
cr0wbar
AG
Seeing The Last Bandoleros @ HOB Friday Night
Echoes97
AG
ellebee said:

APC put on a hell of a show last night. Seeing them live definitely made me more into them than I was before.
Excellent! I've never seen them but going tomorrow night in Houston, really stoked!
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
zgood10
AG
U2 - NRG, 5/24
Metallica - NRG, 6/11
Needtobreathe - Woodlands, 9/23
an antelope ate it
ellebee said:

What time did they get on stage?
ellebee
Right at 9. First band went on at 8 I think.
Al Bula
AG
ellebee said:

Right at 9. First band went on at 8 I think.
Who was the opening act?
ellebee
I can't remember what their name was but I never heard of them and didn't watch. If it's the same band as San Antonio, my friend said they were terrible. It was a one word name like Loyalty or something.
an antelope ate it
The opening act is Prayers. I've never heard of them
ellebee
Yep that's it. I would assume they opened in SA also.
SJEAg
AG
Just picked up 5th row to see Collective Soul in Sugar Land.

90s were my time...I am a pretty big fan. The great seats and the fact the venue is 10 min from my house is a bonus.
Jim01
AG
You mean you got tickets to Our Lady Peace and there are two other bands playing

OLP is in my top 5 bands and I am trying to decide on pulling the trigger. I just bought 3 different concert tickets so am trying to hold off budget wise. Plus I do't really care about Collective Soul nor Tonic so am thinking I'll hold our and hope OLP comes through on an album tour.
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
Need to offload my APC ticket for tonight in Sugar Land if anybody's looking. $40
cr0wbar
AG
crap- you only have 1?
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
Two, just confirmed. They're actually better seats than I thought - Section 203. $100 for the set? Email me: tgibbs7783 g mail
cr0wbar
AG
email sent
62strat
AG
Jim01 said:

You mean you got tickets to Our Lady Peace and there are two other bands playing

OLP is in my top 5 bands and I am trying to decide on pulling the trigger. I just bought 3 different concert tickets so am trying to hold off budget wise. Plus I do't really care about Collective Soul nor Tonic so am thinking I'll hold our and hope OLP comes through on an album tour.
Hah, collective soul can play songs all night that 80% of venue will recognize.. OLP not so much.

They are very much an opening act.
62strat
AG
ellebee said:

It was opposite for me, I saw them early on in 01 (this amounted to seeing the entire mer de noms album played, in random order), in 2003, and again in 04, and was totally in love with them from day 1 for several years.

Then I saw their red rocks show on tv, from 2011, and it was way too much ambient noise, mixed with random covers that aren't that good (I do dig imagine), and a terrible version of one of their best songs 3 libras. I found myself fast-forwarding through parts of it, and it made me not too concerned with seeing them again.
jorgerr96
Saw The 1975 last week and Panic at the Disco in Orlando.

Next up I have 6 Metallica shows starting in Baltimore and ending in Los Angeles. Also going to Outside Lands since they also got Metallica on their lineup and The Who. Thinking of doing 1 more to make it 8 shows this year but can't find a date that works so I'll just wait for their US tour next fall to finally hit the 10th 'Tallica show mark.

Thinking of flying early to St. Louis to see the opening GNR show of the 2017 US leg, that way I can see both opening and closing shows of the US tours for Guns N Roses and Metallica this year.

Doing a few misc. shows in between like Catfish and the Bottlemen, Iron Maiden, Queen + Adam Lambert, U2.
mhayden
Jim01 said:

Do they have a video of American Pie playing in the background during the concert?
ellebee
Well in all honesty I wasn't a massive fan before. There were a handful of songs I really liked but seeing them live really got me more interested in them. I do love their version of imagine.
Greeze06
AG
APC put on a pretty damn good show last night.
62strat
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Next up I have 6 Metallica shows starting in Baltimore and ending in Los Angeles. Also going to Outside Lands since they also got Metallica on their lineup and The Who. Thinking of doing 1 more to make it 8 shows this year but can't find a date that works so I'll just wait for their US tour next fall to finally hit the 10th 'Tallica show mark.

Wait.. 10th total of all time, or 10th this year?
ellebee
The shake weights were hilarious.
Al Bula
AG
APC was great! The new venue in the Houston area will do well.

I did learn that if you get into the parking lot early enough no one checks your parking pass at Smart Financial. Asked one of the lot attendants and he just said it was my lucky day (not really since it was prepaid). I texted my parking pass to a friend to use and the other lot dudes didn't even scan it.

I guess parking is something they are still working out but cheap asses could get by without parking if they wanted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.