2017 concerts

82,829 Views | 806 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Lost
Gmzb2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Saw Jason Isbell at Red Rocks last week. It was awesome but wish he would have played 20+ songs instead of 13 or 14.
He played 19 songs at Red Rocks per setlist.fm, which the same amount he has played at almost every show on this tour.
jetch17
AG
lol i see they outright cancelled Houston Open Air fest ... that thing is snakebitten.
Jim01
AG
Modest Mouse was really good last night. I wish it cold have stayed at Revention. They put tables all on the second level of the floor that wasted so much space. It was hard to find a great spot. Also, from where I was the vocals and stage banter was VERY hard to understand.

They are a top 10 all time band for me so it was great to finally see them live.

Best moment: Cowboy Dan

Worst moment: Though they have played it live twice in the last week, they didn't play "Talking **** About A Pretty Sunset"
AW 1880
AG
I guess the time went by too fast at the concert. I was hoping he would play Outfit and have more than a one-song encore. I'm not complaining, because the show was great.
ellebee
Welp that's three concerts of mine in September and October that have been canceled.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Jim01 said:

Modest Mouse was really good last night. I wish it cold have stayed at Revention. They put tables all on the second level of the floor that wasted so much space. It was hard to find a great spot. Also, from where I was the vocals and stage banter was VERY hard to understand.

They are a top 10 all time band for me so it was great to finally see them live.

Best moment: Cowboy Dan

Worst moment: Though they have played it live twice in the last week, they didn't play "Talking **** About A Pretty Sunset"
****. If they don't play either this or Trailer Trash at the Dallas show tomorrow, I will be extremely disappointed.

I lost my brother almost exactly 1 year ago, and those were his two favorites songs from his favorite band.
ellebee
Immediately purchased tickets to Gojira in San Antonio for the 15th since I was wasn't going to be able to make it back from Houston in time to see them.
Echoes97
AG
On Isbell, I think he's probably just a little tired of playing Outfit. He's not the kind of dude who just plain won't play it, but probably leaving it out for a tour or 2.

Jim01,
I agree Modest Mouse was very good last night, I dug a lot of the set list for sure, and Cowboy Dan was awesome. I thought they missed a bit of an opportunity to really bring the house down though by taking so long to take the stage, and then starting a little slow. Still was a great show. Was definitely packed, we were at the very back right at the corner of the back bar, and yeah you couldn't understand what Isaac was saying at all. Vocals were too low overall IMO. Enjoyed it, but wished it had been at Revention also.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Jim01
AG
Yes, they took FOREVER to come out. Also a long wait between main set and encore.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Modest Mouse was okay last night in Dallas. They played Dramamine, 3rd Planet and Doin' the Cockroach. But no Cowboy Dan, Trailer Trash, or Talkin' **** about a Pretty Sunset. Setlist seemed to be heavy on the newer stuff (Good News for People Who Love Bad News and later). I don't know or like that material nearly as much as the older stuff (Redstone would be proud?).

His voice was clearly shot though, and he said as much.

I actually thought Mass Gothic was a pretty great opener too.
KidDoc
AG
Sammy Hagar and the Circle was outstanding last night in Houston. My only complaint was the bars couldn't get their credit card machine working and I didn't bring enough cash because you expect the Smart Financial Center to be able to take credit cards.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Echoes97
AG
Welp, my buddy managed to get tickets to Sammy's Birthday Bash in Cabo in a few weeks, and offered me one! Soooo, I am officially booked and going, and will have a permagrin until the impending hangover from hell the following Tuesday. Anyone been? Bucket list kinda show/event for me. T&P for my liver and wallet.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
TP Ag '87
AG
I've got my thoughts but wondering about your impression of that venue.
Sazerac
AG
It has no soul and makes for a sanitary and boring show.

The acoustics have been fine head on but I hear it's not as good in the corners.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seeing Offspring for the second time tonight.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Seeing Offspring for the second time tonight.

On purpose?
KidDoc
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

I've got my thoughts but wondering about your impression of that venue.
I thought it was a great venue. We had floor seats Row DD and had great sight lines to the stage. The crowd was on their feet the whole show.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I have an extra ticket to St. Paul & The Broken Bones with Charley Crockett Thursday 10/12 at The Rustic in Dallas. Selling it for $40 which is less than what it cost me. Let me know if you're interested.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Boniver.org fan club presale tickets will be available for purchase with a unique code. Assigned codes can be found by registering for or logging in to an existing account at http://boniver.org/me.
Registered members will have access to purchase tickets starting tomorrowTuesday, September 19 at 10:00 AM local for all dates minus Mexico; MX presale starts at 11:00 AM local.
Remaining tickets will be available to the general public for both Mexico dates on Thursday, September 21 at 11:00 AM CST, and for all other dates on Friday, September 22 at 10:00 AM local.

BoneBoy
AG
Dead and Company with John Mayer

Dallas Dec 1

Austin Frank Erwin Center Dec 2
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Got Bon Iver tickets for the Saturday Jan 20 show at The Moody
FtBendTxAg
AG
Saw modest mouse for the eleventyth time last week and it was pretty rad still.

Can't wait for wolf parade for the first time in 10 years in a few weeks.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Man I want bon iver tickets bad, don't care where, just told my wife to do whatever it takes to get them
Know Your Enemy
AG
I got GA for Dallas. Balcony prices are stupid.
Jim01
AG
Day For Night Festival lineup announced. Dec 17-18th in Houston.

https://dayfornight.io/?utm_term=2017-09-20

I LOVE NIN. Seen them live 3 times and they are amazing. Love Radiohead but solo electronica Thom Yorke is not really my taste. So I'm leaning towards saving my $250 and hoping that NIN or Radiohead come through sometime soon on their own tour.

powerbelly
AG
BoneBoy said:

Dead and Company with John Mayer

Dallas Dec 1
I am working to get tickets to this one. I hate paying the going rate for decent tickets.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Junkhead said:

How much were they for the Bomb Factory?

$100 at The Moody Theater. Crazy. I just got GA as well.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Junkhead said:

How much were they for the Bomb Factory?

$100 at The Moody Theater. Crazy. I just got GA as well.
Balcony were $200 for the first row and $100 for the second.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
Normally I wouldn't care but when you're dating someone 5'0" tall GA doesn't really work well for her.
TP Ag '87
AG
War on Drugs (hopefully)
Matchbox 20 (my wife's all time band) + Counting Crows
Billy Joel @ Madison Square Garden for anniversary
+
2 TOAD's:
Theory of a Deadman
Toad the Wet Sprocket
TP Ag '87
AG
Chevelle just announced 12/2 @ Revention
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Global Citizen Festival tomorrow, in Central Park.

The Killers
Green Day
Stevie Wonder

And others I don't care about much. (Chainsmokers, Lumineers, etc.)
Jim01
AG
No Toadies for a trifecta?
TP Ag '87
AG
Nice one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.