2017 concerts

82,831 Views | 806 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Lost
AgLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
free_mhayden said:

Saw Ryan Adams for the 3rd time last night and have finally come to the conclusion that while I enjoy his music, he's a whiny *****.

This is why I dropped him from Twitter. Also why I'll just stick to listening to recordings.
Sex Panther
AG
free_mhayden said:

Saw Ryan Adams for the 3rd time last night and have finally come to the conclusion that while I enjoy his music, he's a whiny *****.

It is known
62strat
AG
AgLaw said:

free_mhayden said:

This is why I dropped him from Twitter. Also why I'll just stick to listening to recordings.
oh man if I followed my favorite artist/bands on twitter my favorite artist/band list would be getting shorter by the day.

jorgerr96
Harry Styles was damn good in Austin. Really fun show, loud crowd.
Going to LA next week to see HAIM at the Greek Theatre.
Jasomania
AG
Saw Stone Sour / Steel Panther on Sunday (was mostly there for Steel Panther), good show but weird line up, every band was completely different genre wise. In total there were four bands and a dance group? (will discuss) and only had two of the bands listed on any of the websites I saw leading up to the show.

First up was Cherry Bomb, which turns out not a band but a burlesque dance thing. Actually pretty great and they did a bunch of aerobatics and what not. Crowd was in to it.

Second was Ded, which is a Limp Bizkit hardcore rap group who were not great. Crowd was reluctant but eventually gave in some.

Third was Starset which was techno rock opera? Had a full video thing going on, band was in light up costumes and they had a cello and violin player. Crowd was mostly confused.

Fourth was Steel Panther which are like a parody of an 80's hair metal band. Songs are 90% about sex and drugs, very funny. Crowd was confused but were won over quickly.

Finally Stone Sour, they were ok. Crowd was super in to it, did not realize how many ppl were specifically in to Stone Sour.

TP Ag '87
AG
Weird. Where?
Jasomania
AG
Revention Music Center in Houston
TP Ag '87
AG
Huh. I'm in Houston and never saw that advertised.
AgLaw
AG
Going to see Lori McKenna tonight at the Kessler in Dallas. Really looking forward to this.
AgLaw
AG
Damn. Robbie Fulks stole the show at The Kessler. Lori McKenna was good, but - wowzers- Robbie Fulks can play the guitar.
TP Ag '87
AG
Billy Joel last night in Madison Square Garden. Awesome
Know Your Enemy
AG
Magpie Salute tonight. That's Rich Robinson's new band. Has a few other Black Crowes members in the band too.
tam2002
AG
Saw Chris Stapleton last night in Shreveport. Great show
jorgerr96
Foo Fighters getting rid of their Texas boycott and doing Dallas and Houston for the first time in 10 years next spring.
Austin too.
TP Ag '87
AG
Wow, finally!
Know Your Enemy
AG
And also back to Wrigley. I may end up seeing them 3-4 times next year.
Jim01
AG
94.5 Buzzfestivus
Dec 5th - Revention Music Center
Royal Blood
Highly Suspect
Sleeping With Sirens

Love Royal Blood and it sounds like they are headlining, so might have to check this one out. Never heard of the other two bands though. I'll have to try them out on Spotify.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Royal Blood is great.

Lindsey Buckingham was amazing last night. Christine McVie not so much.
Jasomania
AG
It was kind of last minute, they were suppose to be at the metal festival Houston Open Air but when it got canceled they rescheduled.
ellebee
Jasomania said:

It was kind of last minute, they were suppose to be at the metal festival Houston Open Air but when it got canceled they rescheduled.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I had tickets to that damn festival. Good ones too.
MooreTrucker
AG
Junkhead said:

Royal Blood is great.

Lindsey Buckingham is a very underrated guitarist IMO
TP Ag '87
AG
Think its been mentioned here earlier but Royal Blood is opening for Queens of the Stone Age. When we were in NYC last weekend, HUGE billboards in Times Square promoting that show in Madison Square Garden.

Never imagined QOTSA were big enough for that venue.
Know Your Enemy
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Junkhead said:

Royal Blood is great.

Lindsey Buckingham is a very underrated guitarist IMO
Not by me he isn't. Saw him play a solo acoustic show in a small FTW venue about 12 years ago. Still one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Know Your Enemy
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

Think its been mentioned here earlier but Royal Blood is opening for Queens of the Stone Age. When we were in NYC last weekend, HUGE billboards in Times Square promoting that show in Madison Square Garden.

Never imagined QOTSA were big enough for that venue.
Wish that tour would play Texas.
Jim01
AG
Exactly. I would LOVE that show but no Texas. I've seen QOTSA the last 3 times they have been to Houston. One of my top bands ever.

I checked out the other two bands on the Buzzfestivus bill. Highly Suspect seems alright. Sleeping With Sirens is REALLY bad and generic.
jorgerr96
QOTSA at the MSG is crazy. I remember in 2014 Arctic Monkeys did the MSG and Staples Center. I went to the Staples show and it was sold out and the energy was incredible.

2 months later I saw them at their 3 TX shows and they were smaller venues, the Cedar Park Center, Verizon Theatre in Dallas and the Cynthia Woods.

Some bands are just more popular in other places.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Durand Jones & The Indications at Three Links in Deep Ellum last night was greatness.

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Bought tickets for Guns N' Roses in Houston for November 10th. I bought tickets for the Tulsa show a few weeks ago. Nosebleeds in Houston and on the floor in Tulsa. Hoping for two great shows.

They've been my favorite band for 30 years and I've never seen them live.

They played 3.5 hours in Columbus a few days ago. We'll hopefully get more of the same in two weeks!
jrod2181
Stood in line 12 hours but got my front row center for Foo Fighters in Birmingham

[img][url=https://flic.kr/p/ZUXWrt][/url]IMG_3112 by horns2181, on Flickr[/img]
Hickory High
AG
Jim01 said:

94.5 Buzzfestivus
Dec 5th - Revention Music Center
Royal Blood
Highly Suspect
Sleeping With Sirens

Love Royal Blood and it sounds like they are headlining, so might have to check this one out. Never heard of the other two bands though. I'll have to try them out on Spotify.

LOVE Royal Blood. As a hardcore Muse fan, I love that their stuff sounds like older Muse stuff. Wish they'd come to Austin.

Looking at the rest of their tour list, the Houston stop is pretty out-of-place. Not sure why they don't play Austin or at least Dallas.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Chris Stapleton was ****ing great last night.
Hickory High
AG
Going to see John Fogerty and Shakey Graves in a couple of hours in Austin.
jorgerr96
I learned my lesson with GNR after last year. They never sell out and open up discounted GA tickets.
I got my GA pit the day of the SA show for $150 ($100 cheaper).

LAst year for the Dodger Stadium shows I bought the floor ones for $275 because they were the "best" available the week before and they opened GA Pits like 4 days, but at regular price because the LA market will pay those prices lol.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
LCD Soundsystem tonight in Dallas!
Sex Panther
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

LCD Soundsystem tonight in Dallas!

I be there

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.