2017 concerts

82,841 Views | 806 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Lost
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Opeth commented on their FB page that they did indeed film and record the red rocks show.

Please, please be a release.
BCSWguru
Finalizing my summer show list, so far...

Chainsmokers
Iron Maiden
Diamond Rio/Ronnie Milsap
Blackhawk
Collective Soul/Tonic/OLP
Tracy Lawrence
Restless Heart/Shenendoah
Paramore
dcAg
Saw The CULT last night.
They ROCKED!!!

Saw Tripping Daisy last week.
Their first concert in 18 years. Was at Club Dada. They played their set and encore twice. It was a blast and they sounded great. It was a fun night!
Echoes97
AG
All Them Witches this Friday 5/19 at White Oak. Can't wait these guys are awesome blues/stoner/psychedelic rock.

Then U2 next week, and either Soundgarden and/or Zakk Sabbath! Gonna try to go to both of those if possible heh.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
jrod2181
Paramore Sept 6th Jacksonville
Katy Perry Dec 17th Orlando
jetch17
AG
Probably go catch Social Distortion at either the Corpus or San Antonio shows in September
SbisaVictim95
AG
jetch17 said:

Probably go catch Social Distortion at either the Corpus or San Antonio shows in September
bummed they're not swinging through Dallas.

Going to Eagles of Death Metal and Mastodon tomorrow night at Gas Monkey
62strat
AG
Echoes97 said:

Then U2 next week, and either Soundgarden and/or Zakk Sabbath! Gonna try to go to both of those if possible heh.
Sucks..

I was contemplating doing to Denver show on Monday.. glad I saw them at Red Rocks a few years ago.. first time seeing SG actually. Saw Cornell solo 3-4 times or so.
Echoes97
AG
Horrible...
Punked Shank
AG
Thinking about seeing ghostland observatory in San Diego June 9th at an oysterfest

Never been to one of his shows. Good?
TP Ag '87
AG
Just saw Ritchie Kotzen is playing next week at the Dosey Doe in Spring. Debating. Think the guy is incredibly talented. Never seen a show there.

Edit: I'll be there.
jorgerr96
https://instagr.am/p/BUPWcCHD9v1

Got to see Metallica on the 10th and 17th. Opening night on the 10th and their only arena show on the 17th. Awesome shows. Got 5 more 'tallica shows and might add a 6th one.
BCSWguru
saw Ted Nugent tonight. dude is 69 years old and plays like a champ.

Echoes97
AG
U2 was awesome last night, was amazing to see all those Joshua Tree songs live.

Just scored tickets to the freshly announced Guns 'n Roses show in Houston on November 10th! Hell yes.

Going to see Zakk Sabbath tonight, should be a fun show.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Phat32
AG
U2 was great last night in Dallas. Underwhelmed by their audio/visual setup, but that's just because they've been so spectacular in the past. They sounded great and brought great energy.
62strat
AG
HO LEE ****

Know Your Enemy
AG
Congrats!
ellebee
Wow!
62strat
AG
Almost 20 years in the metclub finally pays off hah.
62strat
AG
Dang it gets better. I find out today it comes with two pit passes.
LegettHall
LSCSN said:

saw Ted Nugent tonight. dude is 69 years old and plays like a champ.
If he were a liberal activist, he would have been in the H of F years ago.

Saw him first in 78, talk about a wild man. Wore a loin clothe.

It was at the first Texxas Jam. He yeled, "I can smell that sweet Texas p**sy!!"

I am gonna see Maiden. Again.
LegettHall
rasher said:

U2 was great last night in Dallas. Underwhelmed by their audio/visual setup, but that's just because they've been so spectacular in the past. They sounded great and brought great energy.

My brother went and claimed the acoustics were horrid.

His opinion.

Bono make any ranting political speeches? I have several DVDs, the one at Slane Castle in Ireland is their best performance I have ever seen. Unfortunately, they did not play Bad at Slane.

It is a terrific DVD.
LegettHall
dcAg said:

Saw The CULT last night.
They ROCKED!!!

Saw Tripping Daisy last week.
Their first concert in 18 years. Was at Club Dada. They played their set and encore twice. It was a blast and they sounded great. It was a fun night!

Ah, a fellow Cult fan.

LegettHall
LegettHall
62strat said:

Echoes97 said:

Sucks..

I was contemplating doing to Denver show on Monday.. glad I saw them at Red Rocks a few years ago.. first time seeing SG actually. Saw Cornell solo 3-4 times or so.
I liked him with Audioslave better than with Soundgarden, just my preference.

It was not good when Audioslave broke up--not to me.

LegettHall
BCSWguru
saw The Chainsmokers on Saturday night in Philly. What a **** show. Absolute crap. The band type songs were somewhat decent, but the rest was brutal.

62strat
AG
Meeting your idols is something I wish everyone could experience. It is totally surreal. Add that to an upgrade to the snake pit, and it made for hands down the best concert experience in my life. (I been to 250+)

Rob ripping up Anesthesia

It's like he was just talking to me and a few others

The classic James stance. James the Redeemer.

Got to rep some aTm on the big screen

A few vids.. When the second drum set popped up from underneath the catwalk, they jammed Seek and Destroy.. that was so f-in cool. To see their point of view, unbelievable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xq330ub8sl7txci/2017-06-07%2023.32.47.mov
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xt0x9e4uk138hc3/2017-06-07%2023.28.32.mov
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/791oz3cwm2u95gf/2017-06-07%2022.54.43.mov

TP Ag '87
AG
Wow wow wow. Too cool! Happy for you and way to rep the Ags.
Sazerac
AG
That's pretty cool!

Lumineers and Kaleo @ Smart Financial
Family & Friends / Family Crest @ Stubbs
Ryan Adams @ Red Rocks
Jason Isbell @ Hard Rock
Avett Brothers @ Smart Financial
Sturgill @ Smart Financial - but I just booked a trip so going to give these to family
Head and The Heart @ ACL

and thanks to the heads up earlier in this thread, I'll be booking next week
Jan '18 Avett Brothers @ The Beach - Hard Rock Playa, with Head and the Heart, Old Crow, John Prine, and Shovels & Rope
ellebee
That's awesome!
BCSWguru
made the drive up to Waco to see the Bellamy Brothers. Made me miss the hall of fame a lot.
KidDoc
AG
Got my cover band show @ HOB tonight should be a good time. Did the whole VIP table thing with my wife since it was pretty cheap and we didn't want to mess with general admission stuff.

Looking at Sammy Hagar's Circle (Michael Anthony, Bonham) Friday September 15th in Sugar Land.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TP Ag '87
AG
Have tix for tonight but crap came up with family.

Would love seeing Sammy again but I have a real bad taste in my mouth for the SugarLand venue after Sting experience.
KidDoc
AG
The cover band shows were fun. IMO the Van Halen dominated the show they were really on and got the crowd involved as well. The Police one needed better backup vocals. Kiss Alike was good but they bad some fairly unpopular songs that kind of lost the crowd a bit. The VIP upgrade was cheap for this show and the seating and service was great.

Next up for me is Hagar's Circle Friday September 15 in Sugar Land. Section 104 row DD should be fun! Weird there are no hotels nearby though and I don't want to do the round trip again. I'm too old to get home after 1:30!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.