2017 concerts

82,832 Views | 806 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Lost
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to catch them when they come through one of these times. I saw them 3 times in their prime and were one of my favorite rock bands of that era.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Fun fact. Their current bass player is the voice of Carl's Jr.
BCSWguru
Fuel is basically Brett and 3 other dudes, yes?
Know Your Enemy
AG
LSCSN said:

Fuel is basically Brett and 3 other dudes, yes?

Exactly that
Jim01
AG
Yep. After they broke up they replaced Brett with a Brett sound-a-like and made a album (Angels & Devils). It wasn't very good and they kind of faded away. Then Carl agreed to let Brett take the Fuel name and now it's Brett and three other guys. They put out an album (Puppet Strings) which is decent and are touring.

BCSWguru
I miss Jeff and Carl in the band. Saw them twice with that lineup and both shows were the bees knees.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Not everyone that played on the album is still touring with the band.

After checking, no one that played on that album is still touring other than Brett obviously. That was his touring band at the time.
Jim01
AG
Yeah I guess that's true. I honestly never knew any of their names so wasn't sure who was still around.
BCSWguru
glad this came up. Carl is now doing what so many others are doing...country music. Or whatever you want to call it. Jeebus.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Carl is also collecting checks from Brett touring under the Fuel name.
Jim01
AG
I wasn't aware of that. Apparently his album just came out last month. I just checked out his YouTube page for clips. cringe It's pretty bland, church, mama, pickup truck, country for sure.
RINO Safari
AG
Going to see Fleet Foxes in Austin on the 17th! I'm really excited to hear their new stuff live. Side note: I accidentally purchased two extra tickets to this event, so if you're interested, message me email me at JR2016@protonmail.com. I'll withhold them from the rest of the market until tomorrow. I'm asking for face value ($70 for the pair). The venue is the Moody Theater and the seats are Balcony Section 1, Row D, Seats 417 and 418.
Jim01
AG
Had never heard of him, but queued his first album up on Spotify and it's very good. Instantly recognized "Cecilia And The Satellite". His voice and the songs remind me of New Radicals.
mhayden
He was lead vocals for Something Corporate and Jack's Mannequin, so you likely heard his voice on the radio before his current band iteration.
jrod2181
Ed Sheeran Aug 26th Atlanta
Kesha Sep 29th Atlanta
The Killers - Jan 24th Hard Rock Live aorlando
PatAg
AG
Did he sing If you see Jordan?
GinaLinetti
AG
Randomly went to a show at sams burger joint last night. Crystal garden featuring Boyd Tinsley. Boyd is just fun to watch and listen to and the band put on a great show. I'd recommend if they head your way.
AgLaw
AG
I saw GnR in Dallas (indoor) last year and Little Rock (outdoor) last weekend. I thought the sound in Little Rock was better.
jorgerr96
Yeah, I did the same thing. Saw them at the NRG in Houston and felt everything (sound and pyro) was limited, so I ended up going to their Dodger Stadium shows 2 weeks later.

Felt the same way with Metallica. The TX shows were really limited on pyro.
AgLaw
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Yeah, I did the same thing. Saw them at the NRG in Houston and felt everything (sound and pyro) was limited, so I ended up going to their Dodger Stadium shows 2 weeks later.

Felt the same way with Metallica. The TX shows were really limited on pyro.
Dodger Stadium would have been cool. I need to seem them at an outdoor venue.
flintdragon
AG
Picked up a ticket to see Dream Theater in Austin (Bass Concert Hall).

Anyone else going? (I fully expected crickets but just wondering...)
TP Ag '87
AG
Good for you. I see they skip Houston.
flintdragon
AG
Yeah, that's surprising. I had to go to San Antonio for the Astonishing tour. Glad this one is in town!
BCSWguru
seeing Doug Stone tonight at Smitty Ks and this is my seat. 30 dollars. Loving life right now.

Jim01
AG
Doug Stone's Greatest Hits is one of the greatest country albums of all time IMHO.
TP Ag '87
AG
Kinda looks like he's in a different light.
BCSWguru
Blue Oyster Cult in Austin Friday night. Guys were good.

BCSWguru
3 nights, 3 shows ended with Restless Heart at Billy Bobs. Country music is so crappy today.

jorgerr96
https://instagr.am/p/BXuWbZkjK89

What a phenomenal weekend at Outside Lands. A fellow Metclubber hooked me up with Snakepit so I got in again! Chose the other side and got to interact with James like 3 times!!!

The Who, Lorde, Bleachers, Maggie Rogers, Jeff Goldblum, MUNA, Cage the Elephant, Royal Blood, Warpaint were all amazing. Was around 5 rows behind rail for The Who.
Wheatables02
AG
^^^^^ so jelly!!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
jorgerr96 said:

https://instagr.am/p/BXuWbZkjK89

What a phenomenal weekend at Outside Lands. A fellow Metclubber hooked me up with Snakepit so I got in again! Chose the other side and got to interact with James like 3 times!!!

The Who, Lorde, Bleachers, Maggie Rogers, Jeff Goldblum, MUNA, Cage the Elephant, Royal Blood, Warpaint were all amazing. Was around 5 rows behind rail for The Who.

Badass man.
Know Your Enemy
AG
That's ****ing awesome!
goadius6
AG
saw White Denim last night at The Height's Theater in Houston, fantastic show, guys were real fun and rocked hard.
jrod2181
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-live-stream-of-metallicas-concert-in-edmonton-canada-w498241
Know Your Enemy
AG
jrod2181 said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-live-stream-of-metallicas-concert-in-edmonton-canada-w498241
Watched it last night. Good stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.