2017 concerts

82,787 Views | 806 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Lost
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well the 360 Ampitheater is much bigger and outside. It's comparable to the Woodlands Pavilion. It's a very nice venue.

I've never been to the Bomb Factory but I've heard good things. It's much smaller and more intimate and is supposedly a really cool indoor spot.

That said, Austin is definitely going to have a better crowd for LCD who will probably be way more into it... but as for the venue, I'd rather see them in the smaller, indoor place.
Sazerac
AG
Austin. Or go to Colorado for the weekend show.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Bomb Factory should be a pretty good venue for them. Pretty small. Sound can be bad towards the back I've heard, but we usually get there early enough to get pretty close to the stage.

I'm tempted to go to one of the Brooklyn shows in December.
62strat
AG
jorgerr96 said:

That was a good tour. I believe it was Ghost's first US run. They were not huge back then and some people thought their act was funny.
they toured on their own before the opeth tour, same year though, it was 5 years ago. I saw them in 2014 on second album tour.
jorgerr96
Austin 360, easily the best amphitheater in the state. Getting in and out of there can be a hassle tho.
jorgerr96
I decided to book a flight to Long Beach in August for Summer Camp. Small 1 day "festival" with Foster the People and Bleachers but I'm really just going for HAIM. Hopefully they release some dates once the album is out next month.

I'm gonna skip Lorde since she is playing Outside Lands...unless they schedule her at the same time as The Who since both are the sunday headliners

Been debating about GNR in LA in November. I saw them at the Dodger Stadium last year and the LA crowd was way better than Houston and Dallas, but the shows are during Thanksgiving and flights are already way up now. Might just do the Toyota Center show. Axl has been signing for fans recently but as always it's really hard to even spot him in public. Duff is always friendly so I'm hoping I can score a Funko Pop to get signed.
jorgerr96
They did an acoustic set at Waterloo in Austin (not sure if 2015 or 16). I think wristbands were gone fast.
bigjohn1
AG
About to have a nice run in the next few weeks:

6/23 (tonight) - Iron Maiden: AAC in Dallas
7/3 - Roger Waters: AAC in Dallas
8/11 - The Who: Ceasars Palace Coliseum in Vegas

Hoping to add to this list as the Summer goes on.
TP Ag '87
AG
Anyone seen Escape, Journey tribute band? (asking for a friend)
ellebee
Saw Everclear last night. Great setlist but art's voice was shot.

But Omg holy crap

yawny06
AG
That be a fun show.

I'd go just for Gojira.
Deputy Travis Junior
I'm stoked to see Maiden. I had no idea Ghost was opening for them, but really enjoy their music, so that was a nice surprise when I bought my tickets.
Echoes97
AG
Howdy guys,
Anyone need tickets to the Roger Waters show in Dallas next week? Listing these for my brother, he and his girlfriend can't make it so they are wanting to sell these, details:

Show Date: Monday, 7/3
Section: 107
Row: M
Seats: 7,8

Asking $200 each (face value was $250 + fees, so definitely a good deal.

PM or email me at txaggies at gmail if interested, thanks!
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
BCSWguru
if you ever get a chance to see Diamond Rio, hit that up. I ventured down to Luling Saturday night and their vocal performance was nothing less than stellar. Ronnie Milsap as the opener was just bonus.

jrod2181
Just booked my two favorite bands back to back nights.

Oct 26th Foo Fighters in Birmingham I will probably queue up about 8 am for this one to make sure I am in front
Oct 27th Toadies in Orlando
jorgerr96
HAIM just announced 5 dates in between festivals. Thinking about hitting Chicago in September.
FabricatorAg
LSCSN said:

if you ever get a chance to see Diamond Rio, hit that up. I ventured down to Luling Saturday night and their vocal performance was nothing less than stellar. Ronnie Milsap as the opener was just bonus.

Haven't missed a Thump in my life, this year was by far one of the best I've been to.
I like mullets, and bourbon whiskey..
mhayden
I think I may be the guy that goes to see Rise Against right now and leaves immediately after Deftones sing My Own Summer.
ellebee
Austin?
jetch17
AG
Tones are in houston tonight

Missing this one, but fugg the pavilion ... I'd be the one skipping rise against and showing up only for deftones. Although I'd like to see Thrice open
mhayden
Dallas. I'm a middle aged white guy that a few years ago went to see the band that middle-aged white guys grew up to (Weezer).

Rise Agaisnt and Young the Giant opened -- I came away greatly disappointed with Weezer and digging two new bands.

As for Deftones, just not my kind of band... but My Own Summer was a staple of the summer before I headed to A&M.
ellebee
Seeing them Wednesday. They're on my bucket list. Rise against is just a plus.
ellebee
GOT MY TICKETS TO THE OPEN AIR FESTIVAL!!!! So many future ex husbands in one place.
ellebee
ellebee said:

Rise against was definitely not a plus. I can count on one finger how many times I've seen a band live that I somewhat liked and it's made me like them less. They were off beat throughout and homeboy liked to hear himself ramble on between songs. I love Give It All and like some of their other songs alright but they were terrible live.

Now Deftones on the other hand...
PatAg
AG
ellebee said:

ellebee said:

Rise against was definitely not a plus. I can count on one finger how many times I've seen a band live that I somewhat liked and it's made me like them less. They were off beat throughout and homeboy liked to hear himself ramble on between songs. I love Give It All and like some of their other songs alright but they were terrible live.

Now Deftones on the other hand...
This is what's known as an opinion, and not a widely shared one. (about rise against)
ellebee
Really? Maybe they had an off night or something.
ellebee
GOT MY TOADIES TICKEEEEEEETTTTSSSS
BCSWguru
saw Bush at Stubbs tonight. killer show, but Stubbs will do that to a band.

goadius6
AG
any of yall ever been on one of those Cloud 9 Adventures trips (Dominican Holidaze, Panic en la Playa, One Big Holiday, or any of the Phish ones)
One Big Holiday was just announced and it's moving from Riviera Maya (the last 3 have been there) to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Thinking about going, just curious if anyone has been to one of these.
ellebee
I've heard Fyre Festival was really nice.
goadius6
AG
ellebee said:

oh im going to that fa'sho!
Counterpoint
AG
goadius6 said:

ellebee said:

oh im going to that fa'sho!
I've already reserved my luxury suite for next year!
ellebee
Oh man it's gonna be so awesome. We should plan a TA get together!
PharmD4
AG
Imagine Dragons in Houston
Deputy Travis Junior
I enjoyed Iron Maiden, though I'm another vote for out of whack sound. It honestly had a bit of a high school band feel, where the techs turn everything up to 11 with no consideration for how the different instrument sounds mesh. I felt like I might have experienced the best sound balance from within a large concrete bunker some thirty-seven miles from the stage. Still, it was a fun show. I particularly enjoyed the Book of Souls song, and thought that Blood Brothers sounded great live and made a perfect encore.

Then there was Ghost. I really enjoyed these guys (sure, the "band of devils led by an unholy zombie pope" act is a bit weird, but whatever, it's metal). First, their sound was honestly much better than Maiden's. You could hear the individual instruments and never had a rhythm guitar steamroll the lead during a solo.

Second, that singer sounds very good live. He was almost always on key (rare for a singer in these autotune days) and didn't let the huge arena intimidate him into screaming (a frequent weakness of Dickinson IMO). He sang, hit his notes, and trusted the equipment to amplify him.

Finally, they played a really nice setlist. As an aside here, their music isn't for everyone, but if you're willing to listen with an open mind and give their "horror metal" a try, it's actually pretty cool. Their set highlighted this unique style without going too far down their rabbit hole of weirdness.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.