2017 concerts

82,854 Views | 806 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Lost
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Metallica show in Dallas was LOUD. Great show. For

a bunch of guys in their fifties, they can still turn it to 11.
How about a Top/Bottom 10? Or 11 in this case.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Killer show tonight. Best James has sounded in a long time.
Counterpoint
AG
Your Mom And Them said:

I saw folks walking around at the Houston show with poster tubes. Not sure if they were bought at the show or not.
This. I can't confirm whether they bought them there, but there were a lot of people with them. (Surely not too many people would bring those from home though?)

digging tunnels
AG
My ideal show would have to include

Disposable Heroes
Dyer's Eve
Spit out the bone
Shortest straw
Leper Messiah
Blackened

It will never happen but I can wish
ellebee
digging tunnels said:

My ideal show would have to include

Disposable Heroes
Dyer's Eve
Spit out the bone
Shortest straw
Leper Messiah
Blackened

It will never happen but I can wish

Yes. Throw in creeping death. Haven't listened to Metallica in a long time. I need to rectify that. I didn't really care for much after And Justice for All but loved their older stuff.
Know Your Enemy
AG
All the merch stands I saw were sold out of posters unfortunately. It was a nice surprise to hear Blackened. Wasn't expecting that. Even The Memory Remains was cool. Not my favorite song but it came off great live. Very weird to not hear Creeping Death or Whiplash though.
AgLaw
AG
They played Blackened last night.
jorgerr96
the 4th slot of the set is a rotation between Creep and Fuel. Memory for the first time on this tour. Uniondale got Ride the Lightning.

Whiplash is also on rotation. I wanted that one but was okay with Motorbreath.

I knew SA would get Fuel because they got Creeping Death in 2009 and Lars does research previous city setlists.
Know Your Enemy
AG
If anyone is interested in the artist edition (signed & numbered) poster from the Dallas show they are available now.

https://amesbrosshop.com/collections/metallica-posters?mc_cid=c9e8b289d5&mc_eid=58a6397281
jorgerr96
I'll be shocked if it sells out. Easily the worst of the tour so far. People on the Metforums were trashing it yesterday lol
Know Your Enemy
AG
Really? I like it. I've been unimpressed with several but this one is appropriate for the venue IMO.
62strat
AG
Junkhead said:

All the merch stands I saw were sold out of posters unfortunately. It was a nice surprise to hear Blackened. Wasn't expecting that. Even The Memory Remains was cool. Not my favorite song but it came off great live. Very weird to not hear Creeping Death or Whiplash though.
i wish I got blackened instead of fight fire. I love the middle section of fire, but the verses to me don't come off good live. I could hardly distinguish what I was listening to.
ellebee
DMX IS COMING!!!

That is all.
Echoes97
AG
Iron Maiden tonight in Houston! \m/
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Know Your Enemy
AG
UP THE IRONS!
KidDoc
AG
Echoes97 said:

My first time to miss them in years, hard to make a week day show from Aggieland plus I didn't care for Book of Souls as opposed to Final Frontier. Report back please!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sazerac
AG
This turned into a Metallica thread....

But if you ever get a chance go to a show - any show - at Red Rocks. Amazing venue. Ryan Adams was great last night.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Not my favorite song but it came off great live.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
LCD Soundsystem Pre-Sale tickets go on sale at 10 AM.

Dallas 10/30: https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1505236
Austin 10/31: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3A0052C70A85405E?brand=austin360amp&irgwc=1&clickid=3VWSNW0OZwu5UtXwi8Q9HXcBUkhVysTBrwL7wM0&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_296934&impradid=296934&REFERRAL_ID=tmfeedbuyat296934&wt.mc_id=aff_BUYAT_296934&utm_source=296934-Spotify&impradname=Spotify&utm_medium=affiliate

offer code: textthecops
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Got my tickets to Dallas. Looking forward to it.
Sex Panther
AG
I'll be there as well
Echoes97
AG
KidDoc said:

Echoes97 said:

My first time to miss them in years, hard to make a week day show from Aggieland plus I didn't care for Book of Souls as opposed to Final Frontier. Report back please!
Had great seats, and it was a good show. Seen Maiden many times, but always outdoors (Woodlands, Europe), so I was expecting better sound in the Toyota Center. However, the sound was kinda mediocre to be honest. Bruce's vocals were buried for a good portion of the evening.

It was still great to see them live, and Adrian, Dave, Steve and Janick were excellent. Bruce was very good also. Set list was a little disappointing as there was a heavy dose of Book of Souls (I do like Speed of Light), and many favorites were jettisoned to make room. To give you an idea of what was *not* heard last night:

• 2 Minutes to Midnight
  • Run to the Hills
  • Flight of Icarus
  • Aces High
  • Hallowed Be Thy Name (I read something about a legal dispute)
  • Can I Play With Madness
  • Rime of the Ancient Mariner

And probably a few others I'm forgetting. Ended with Wasted Years, and as always it was great to see them live. Not sure how much longer Bruce is going to be able to keep up, he did look noticeably older than the last time I saw them (admittedly maybe 7 years ago give or take).
Know Your Enemy
AG
I want to see Maiden tomorrow but they're playing way too many new songs.
ellebee
Got my DMX tickets for September! Hope he can stay out of jail until then.
KidDoc
AG
Echoes97 said:

KidDoc said:

Echoes97 said:

Had great seats, and it was a good show. Seen Maiden many times, but always outdoors (Woodlands, Europe), so I was expecting better sound in the Toyota Center. However, the sound was kinda mediocre to be honest. Bruce's vocals were buried for a good portion of the evening.

It was still great to see them live, and Adrian, Dave, Steve and Janick were excellent. Bruce was very good also. Set list was a little disappointing as there was a heavy dose of Book of Souls (I do like Speed of Light), and many favorites were jettisoned to make room. To give you an idea of what was *not* heard last night:

• 2 Minutes to Midnight
  • Run to the Hills
  • Flight of Icarus
  • Aces High
  • Hallowed Be Thy Name (I read something about a legal dispute)
  • Can I Play With Madness
  • Rime of the Ancient Mariner

And probably a few others I'm forgetting. Ended with Wasted Years, and as always it was great to see them live. Not sure how much longer Bruce is going to be able to keep up, he did look noticeably older than the last time I saw them (admittedly maybe 7 years ago give or take).
Yup glad I passed this round. I cannot imagine them not playing Hallowed that is one of my all time favorite songs. Thanks for the update!
KidDoc
AG
From a setlist website:

1) If Eternity Should Fall (meh)
2) Speed of Light ( I like this one)
3) Wrathchild (eh)
4) Children of the Damned (good!)
5) Death or GLory (not great)
6) The Red and the Black (eh so so but rambling)
7) The Trooper (all some)
8) Powerslave (excellent!)
9) The Great Unknown (nope)
10) The Book of Souls (nope)
11) Fear of the Dark (amazing)
12) Iron Maiden (excellent!)

13) Number of the Beast (I know this is one of their classics but I really don't like it that much)
14) Blood Brothers (outstanding song)
15) Wasted Years (awesome one of my favs)

Echoes97
AG
Powerslave was EXCELLENT!!! Probably my favorite of the night. Also was cool to hear "Iron Maiden", and "Blood Brothers" did indeed come off great, very cool song.
RJHouston
AG
I agree with one of the posters above that the sound was off a bit, drowning out Bruce's vocals at times. With that being said, it was still a damn good show. I am in the minority that actually likes the Book of Souls album, so the show was even more enjoyable. I do not know why they played Wrathchild though, with so many good songs to choose from.

Ghost, who opened for Maiden, was pretty darn good as well. Loved the rendition of Cirice.

Know Your Enemy
AG
I love Wrathchild. One of my favorite Maiden songs.
jorgerr96
The indoor live sound for Maiden has always been a miss. It's been like that for years. First noticed it in the 2009 tour and had the same issues in 2010 and 2013. Seeing them tomorrow in SA.
Aggie87
AG
RJHouston said:

Ghost, who opened for Maiden, was pretty darn good as well. Loved the rendition of Cirice.

Ghost is playing a show here in Corpus tonight, since Maiden has the night off, gonna go check them out.

They opened for Mastodon and Opeth here a couple of years ago, but arrived late and missed them that time (was there for Opeth, who were amazing).
62strat
AG
Seen ghost twice, always a good show.
jorgerr96
That was a good tour. I believe it was Ghost's first US run. They were not huge back then and some people thought their act was funny.
goadius6
AG
Trying to decide between Dallas or Austin for LCD Soundsystem, i haven't been to either venue...help me texags

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.