Blockbusters of 2017 - Highlights of a Sure-To-Be Record-Breaking Year

92,122 Views | 584 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

03-17-2017 - Beauty and the Beast (Disney's live-action adaptation that will make all the money)

It's going to be insane how much money this movie will make. My prediction is that this movie will end up in the top 10 all-time worldwide box-office. If not top 10, then damn close. And it will propel Emma Watson into the A list of actresses.

I have not seen any of the previous Disney live-action remakes, yet even I'm anticipating this with that cast.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. When it beat The Force Awaken's trailer view record, that was just confirmation that it's going to be ridiculously massive.
CorpsAg11
AG
quote:
And it will propel Emma Watson into the A list of actresses.

Hope not. She is very annoying and self aggradizing as is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I love Emma.

Morpholino
AG
I'm Mike Lowreyyyyy.
Mucho austin
AG
Why is there a movie crossover with MIB and Jump Street? Was there really a call for this, or are they just trying to see what they can get away with?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Why is there a movie crossover with MIB and Jump Street? Was there really a call for this, or are they just trying to see what they can get away with?

Cuz it's going to be awesome
israeliag
AG
That's a crazy March!
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
So the Rock has three blockbusters coming out in the span of 3 1/2 months? Pretty f-ing impressive.

Anybody else and I'm rolling my eyes. But because it's the Rock , I hope they make a billion dollars each. I don't even like his movies, but I like to see him be successful.
bearamedic99
AG
quote:
Actually, you know what caught my eye among all of that?

07-21-2017 - Valerian and the City of a Thousand Faces (Luc Besson's return to big-budget, space opera sci-fi)

To this day I love The Fifth Element, and if he can come close to that it'll be fantastic. An original, unusual, clever, fun space action movie. Yes, I know we just had Guardians of the Galaxy, but that's tied into the whole Marvel universe. If Besson can give us another completely outside-the-box movie like Fifth Element....awesome!
I love Luc Besson. I'm still waiting on Portman to do a sequel to The Professional.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Actually, you know what caught my eye among all of that?

07-21-2017 - Valerian and the City of a Thousand Faces (Luc Besson's return to big-budget, space opera sci-fi)

To this day I love The Fifth Element, and if he can come close to that it'll be fantastic. An original, unusual, clever, fun space action movie. Yes, I know we just had Guardians of the Galaxy, but that's tied into the whole Marvel universe. If Besson can give us another completely outside-the-box movie like Fifth Element....awesome!

I'm with you completely, but we better hope that the movie does well...

If it does bomb and with Jupiter Ascending still lingering in studio's minds, we probably wouldn't get anymore big budget sci fi movies for the foreseeable future (except for Star Wars of course).

Also, I dont know what it is but something about Cara Delevigne just bugs me. I kind of want her to get punched in the face by another girl.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Holy ****! I never thought about it, but a sequel to the Professional with Portman's character grown up and a hit man in her own right?! FANTASTIC!

And yeah, Carla Delawhatever doesn't do it for me either. Those f'n eyebrows!
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
MIB 23 (a Men in Black / 22 Jump Street crossover)
Dafuq?
TCTTS
AG
quote:

That, and the fact that she's a lesbian (who's currently dating St. Vincent).
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
MIB 23 (a Men in Black / 22 Jump Street crossover)
Dafuq?

Basically, they're rebooting MIB with a new crew (which could potentially be the same continuation as the original franchise, just a "next generation" kind of thing - either way, no Will Smith) who will partner with Tatum and Hill for some reason, to take down some aliens. They're essentially taking the end-credit shtick in 22 Jump Street and running with it. And honestly, it kind of makes sense, considering those movies are hilarious, and this is really the only "logical" way to continue the franchise - while also milking what's left of the MIB franchise. Usually, I'd be totally against this sort of thing, but for whatever reason, it really does sound legit hilarious.
Sex Panther
AG
It's so ridiculous and so spot on brilliant at the same time. I can't wait.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

That, and the fact that she's a lesbian (who's currently dating St. Vincent).

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So I was looking at the 2016 box office so far, and Disney is just absolutely killing it. They hold the top 3 spots in the worldwide BO.

1. Civil War - $1.14 B
2. Zootopia - $1 B
3. Jungle Book - $909 million

And they still have Finding Dory and Rogue One. The only "flop" they've had so far is Alice 2, which is barely over $200 m. But from the looks of it, I doubt they're that heartbroken about it.

Is it possible they have 3 or even 4 billion dollar movies in one year?
COOL LASER FALCON
I think the MiB/ Jump Street crossover is brilliant. My first reaction was definitely a big giant WTF, but the more I've thought about it, the more excited about it I get. Those two characters thrown into that world has the potential to be absolutely hilarious and I really do think it's a good way to get more out of those characters without hitting a lot of the same material over and over again.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
05-19-2017 - Baywatch (reuniting The Rock Dwayne Johnson and Alexandra Daddario)

07-28-2017 - Jumanji (reboot starring The Rock Dwayne Johnson)

FIFY

C'mon...The Rock is so late 90s to early 2000s.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Dark Tower
Dunkirk
Star Wars

Sign me the eff up.
jenn96
AG
I thought I heard that a sequel to Frozen was coming out in 2017. Is that no longer happening? Because I suspect it would do pretty well.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I thought I heard that a sequel to Frozen was coming out in 2017. Is that no longer happening? Because I suspect it would do pretty well.
There's no concrete news yet, but word is 2018. No way it'll be ready by next year.
3 William 56
AG
jenn96
AG
quote:
quote:
There's no concrete news yet, but word is 2018. No way it'll be ready by next year.
Thanks. I have a 3 year old girl so I'll start saving now for the onslaught.
TX_AG_10
AG
Teaser for Dunkirk is great. Can't wait for this one..

NorthshoreAg
AG
Thanks for posting the list
TCTTS
AG
With 2017 on the horizon, I just did a massive update to the OP...

- Added existing trailers for all relevant titles.

- Updated a bunch of dates.

- Added/deleted a few titles.

Still in awe how at crazy next year is going to be.
Say Chowdah
AG
The Great Wall -

WTF IS THAT??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That looks to be a bad LOTR meets Warcraft movie.... Awful!
TCTTS
AG
It's one of the first big U.S./China joint productions, made primarily with the Chinese audience in mind. American director and American star, but I think nearly every other facet of the production/cast is Chinese, save for a few other relatively key pieces. And yes, it looks absolutely terrible. Damon must have been paid a fortune to do it.
Satellite of Love
Nm
TCTTS
AG
Btw, quite a few big 2017 trailers hitting next week w/ Fantastic Beasts...

- The first trailer for Ghost in the Shell arrives Sunday (11/12).

- A new trailer for Kong: Skull Island hits Wednesday (11/16).

- A new trailer for Beauty and the Beast.

- The first trailer Transformers: The Last Knight.
PooDoo
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

So Disney/Pixar is giving us a third Cars movie before a second Incredibles? Boo!
They don't have an Incredibles section of their park.
claym711
AG
Looks like maybe 3 good movies in the whole lot
TCTTS
AG
Added the first trailer for Ghost in the Shell...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.