Blockbusters of 2017 - Highlights of a Sure-To-Be Record-Breaking Year

92,132 Views | 584 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
wesag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm really looking forward to this.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, Split basically came out of no where to surprise. And I don't think the 50 Shades sequel is going to do near the numbers of the last one. John Wick definitely has a shot to beat it out.
But we all know who's going to own this weekend:

TCTTS
AG
Yep. Gonna be huge.
TCTTS
AG
Added the new trailer for Ghost in the Shell to the OP...

jabberwalkie09
AG
I've been excited for this since the first trailer we got, but I think they may have given a little too much of the plot away in this trailer. I'm still going to see it though.
CapCityAg89
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

I've been excited for this since the first trailer we got, but I think they may have given a little too much of the plot away in this trailer. I'm still going to see it though.

Agree. That may not actually BE the entire plot but sure as shootin' looks like it. I hate those kinds of trailer. That movie could've stood on a much more creative trailer.
ChoppinDs40
AG
they've added things that aren't in the original already.
MooreTrucker
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Agree. That may not actually BE the entire plot but sure as shootin' looks like it. I hate those kinds of trailer. That movie could've stood on a much more creative trailer.
Sadly, that seems to be the only kind of trailer being made these days. Trailers aren't teasers anymore, they're "the story in a nutshell" because movie goers are too stupid to figure it out on our own.
TCTTS
AG
Added the trailers for Colossal and The House to the OP, while Steven Soderbergh's Logan Lucky has just been moved up from October to August 18 (meaning we get Edgar Wright and Steven Soderbergh movies on back-to-back weekends this summer)...

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Colossal looks hilarious.
TCTTS
AG
Added the trailers for Dean and Song to Song...

MooreTrucker
AG
Definitely want to see Dean. I love Demitri Martin and Kevin Kline.

Song to Song, probably not.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Is the song to song girl the girl from nymphomaniac who blows and fks on camera?
HvilleAggie
AG
Please don't tell me you're thinking of "girl with the dragon tattoo"
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
HvilleAggie said:

Please don't tell me you're thinking of "girl with the dragon tattoo"

No he is literally talking about a movie called Nymphomaniac.

And no it's not her - the only chicks (known) in this movie are Natalie Portman, Rooney Mara, Cate Blanchett, , Haley Bennett and Holly Hunter. None were in Nymphomaniac.
TCTTS
AG
Nymphomanic girl is Charlotte Gainsbourg. Daughter of Serge Gainsbourg.
ChoppinDs40
AG
No. The younger version. On the train
TCTTS
AG
I never actually saw the movie.
TCTTS
AG
Added the new trailer for The Discovery...

Eugene4x
AG
Is that a movie or series?

nm....saw other thread. Movie
TCTTS
AG
Movie. This is a movie-only thread.
White Liberals=The Worst
AggieFanatic09 said:

Is the song to song girl the girl from nymphomaniac who blows and fks on camera?
I think i saw this movie listed on On Demand or Netflix...is it really that graphic??? I was wondering what it was about.
ChoppinDs40
AG
super graphic. the scene where she's blowing the dude she ends up with a little jizzum on her chin.
White Liberals=The Worst
AggieFanatic09 said:

super graphic. the scene where she's blowing the dude she ends up with a little jizzum on her chin.
Damn, surprised that got passed the FCC
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

AggieFanatic09 said:

Damn, surprised that got passed the FCC

FCC isn't involved in movies. Only broadcast of movies, tv, radio, etc. over airwaves. thats doesn't apply here.

MPAA is and it's a private trade organization that theaters adhere to for movie ratings and decency standards.

Most theaters won't run a movie without an MPAA rating of R or lower, some will run NC-17. most won't touch Unrated movies but some independent art houses will.

But you can make whatever movie you want and release it through other means - online, straight to video, etc.

TCTTS
AG
With the Oscars finally over, and March just two days away, it's time to shift gears into what looks to be the most action-packed spring/summer one-two punch of a movie season we've ever seen. On the immediate horizon, things are about to get nuts with Logan, Kong, Beauty and the Beast, and Ghost in the Shell - plus a ton of other noteworthy films - all somehow hitting over the next five weekends.

And with those come a ton of big-name trailers.

First up is the final trailer for Kong below, which just hit today, along with the first teaser for the Will Smith-starring Bright, which debuted last night during the Oscars.

Also this week expect...

- A new trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 on Tuesday
- A new trailer for King Arthur
- A new red band trailer for Alien: Covenant

And then next week...

- A new trailer for Wonder Woman
- And possibly a new trailer for Justice League, though WB may hold on that one for a few more weeks

TCTTS
AG
Added the trailers for Alien: Covenant, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and War Machine...

TCTTS
AG
Also, expect a new Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales trailer tomorrow as well.
HvilleAggie
AG
Netflix making waves in 2017 it seems
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Also, expect a new Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales trailer tomorrow as well.
New Trailer.

TCTTS
AG
Olsen
AG
Not 2017 movies related but a casting call for the new Disney's Aladdin is already starting up!

TCTTS
AG
Added the new trailers for The Fate of the Furious , Atomic Blonde, Wonder Woman, and Edgar Wright's Baby Driver...

MooreTrucker
AG
Isn't Edgar Wright someone that was supposed to direct one of the comic book movies?
Sex Panther
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Isn't Edgar Wright someone that was supposed to direct one of the comic book movies?

He was supposed to do Ant Man. I believe he wrote a script (which I think was still the majority of what we got). He did some test footage, he was gung-ho about it and attached for a while. It definitely seemed like a passion project.

The consensus seems to be, that he left over stylistic differences. Wright has one of the most unique and trademark styles of any current director, and Marvel has a pretty strict plan in place. I'm guessing they just didn't want the hyper editing, and slick style he brings because it would've been out of place with the rest of their films.

I think Ant Man was surprisingly great and a welcome comedic heist film from Marvel. Marvel obviously knows what they're doing, and they managed to take the dumbest and lamest super hero in history and make it a big hit... But that said, I would've loved to see Wright's version.

Hopefully he gets a chance at a super hero movie someday.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.