Blockbusters of 2017 - Highlights of a Sure-To-Be Record-Breaking Year

92,121 Views | 584 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hell yes. Yet another huge trailer now set to debut soon as well...

https://trailer-track.com/2016/12/05/in-the-pipeline-war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-teaser-trailer-coming-up/
ChoppinDs40
AG
Ghost in the Shell is going to be awesome.

When it came out in 1995, the whole Android/cyborg with human conscience was out of this world. Now, it's one of the more common sci-fi themes (WestWorld, Ex Machina, etc.)
TCTTS
AG
Added the (ridiculously insane) teaser trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight...

TCTTS
AG
Even more...

https://trailer-track.com/2016/12/05/confirmed-first-baywatch-trailer-swims-in-this-week/
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

Even more...

https://trailer-track.com/2016/12/05/confirmed-first-baywatch-trailer-swims-in-this-week/
My body is ready for Daddario
ChoppinDs40
AG
cue "True Detective" vag and boob gifs
jabberwalkie09
AG
Is there really any other reason to see that movie?
wesag
AG
TCTTS said:

Added the (ridiculously insane) teaser trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight...

This looks horrible
wesag
AG
TCTTS said:

Added the new trailer for Kong: Skull Island...

Do people care more about Tarzan or King Kong movies?
The Collective
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

The Rock is a badass?
jabberwalkie09
AG
CJS4715 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

The Rock is a badass?
I'm not saying he isn't, but....
ChoppinDs40
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

CJS4715 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

The Rock is a badass?
I'm not saying he isn't, but....

https://www.reddit.com/r/alexandradaddario/search?q=true&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all

TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, trailers releasing tomorrow (Thursday)...

- Baywatch
- Spider-Man: Homecoming

... and that will likely be it for the week. So next week I'd expect trailers for...

- Dunkirk
- Fast 8 (hitting this Sunday)
- Justice League
- War for the Planet of the Apes

Then with Assassins Creed on the 21st, I'm betting 20th Century Fox gives us the trailers for either or both...

- Alien: Covenant
- Blade Runner 2049

... but likely only the former. I have a feeling we won't see anything from the Blade Runner sequel until the spring (likely with Logan in March)
TCTTS
AG
Added the Baywatch trailer...

TCTTS
AG
2 min 12 sec trailer for Dunkirk finally confirmed...

https://trailer-track.com/2016/12/08/in-the-pipeline-second-trailer-for-christopher-nolans-dunkirk-rated-on-the-way/
hurleyag
AG
So they are going the comedy route. Looks like it could be on par with the Jump Streets. Going ahead and calling the merged movie happening.
wangus12
AG
Another fappening is whats happening
TCTTS
AG
20th Century Fox has a hell of 2017 blockbuster slate, with Logan, Alien: Covenant, War for the Planet of the Apes, and Blade Runner 2049. They just screened a few minutes of the first three at an event, to some pretty enthusiastic reception...

TCTTS
AG
With the trailer hitting Sunday, Universal just announced the new Fast 8 title...

The Fate of the Furious

For real. So it sounds like one last ride... again... even though a ninth and tenth movies have already been announced.

TCTTS
AG
Added the debut trailers for Spider-Man: Homecoming and War for the Planet of the Apes, which come out over back-to-back weekends this summer (July 7 and 14, respectively)...

Sex Panther
AG
How are they not gonna call it F8te of the Furious ?
TCTTS
AG
I'm legit embarrassed for them now, even more so. Seriously, that not only fits their mold, but even sounds better. THE Fate of THE Furious is just terrible. F8te of the Furious actually has a decent ring to it.
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

With the trailer hitting Sunday, Universal just announced the new Fast 8 title...

The Fate of the Furious

For real. So it sounds like one last ride... again... even though a ninth and tenth movies have already been announced.

God, why didn't they stop at 7. I really enjoyed the franchise, but without Walker, I just don't want to see it.
Olsen
AG
Sex Panther
AG
I love these movies and I'll still see it but I gotta admit, without Paul Walker, it's just not the same. Not near as interested as I usually am.
Sex Panther
AG
Also, hope the Rock kills Dom
Bruce Almighty
AG
The last one was the most fun over the top movie I think I've ever seen in a theater.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, glad they decided to put the whole movie in a three-minute trailer, four months before it hits theaters.

That actually looks like a decent plot, though. Insane and obviously ridiculous, but I'm in. I take it Dom knows something no one else does, "betrays" the team to get close to Theron for whatever reason, and then double crosses her in the end. If so, I love how he's gone from street racer to detective to international operative to CIA-level mastermind over the course of the saga. So great.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

I love how he's gone from street racer to detective to international operative to CIA-level mastermind over the course of the saga. So great.

All part of the plan when he first started stealing DVD players
TCTTS
AG
Ha. You just KNOW by the tenth movie we'll get a flashback to before it all began, where he's laying it all out like that.
Bruce Almighty
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha. You just KNOW by the tenth movie we'll get a flashback to before it all began, where he's laying it all out like that.

Just in time for his son to star in the prequel
Max Power
AG
I want Alien: Covenant, and I want it now!
TCTTS
AG
I'm betting we get a trailer within the next 10 days.
maca1028
What's the story on Alien covenant? Is it a Prometheus sequel/Alien Prequel or is this another reboot?
TCTTS
AG
Prometheus sequel / Alien prequel, but the only real returning character is Michael Fassbender as David. He's also playing a second, identical droid as well (so there will kind of a Social Network / Winklevoss thing going on, effects-wise). But completely new cast/crew otherwise. Will also be a hard R this go around and feature the actual aliens from the original movies, in addition to a few other creatures, apparently. Ridley Scott is returning to direct.

Here's the official synopsis...

Quote:

Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant find what they believe to be an uncharted paradise. What the crew discover is a dark, dangerous world, whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

So, basically, David (and maybe Shaw) likely reached the home planet of the Engineers (the giant white guys who created man) as he and Shaw set out to do at the end of Prometheus. Shaw apparently has a cameo, if not a slightly bigger role, but she's definitely not the lead this time, and I'm guessing her scenes are likely flashbacks because Guy Pierce is in this too, even though he died at the end of Prometheus, along with nearly everyone else. Overall, David has potentially sent out some kind of signal from the planet and the Covenant pics it up, but who knows. Either way, the crew of the Covenant consists of Katherine Waterston (the lead), Billy Crudup, Danny McBride, and James Franco, among other lesser known names.

With the PG-13 leash now cut, and no need for the filmmakers to play games and distance themselves from Alien like they did the last go around, I have much more faith in this version. Hopefully it delivers. And again, we should get our first look likely any day now, by next Wednesday at the latest.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.