Blockbusters of 2017 - Highlights of a Sure-To-Be Record-Breaking Year

92,124 Views | 584 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's Pirates of the Caribbean. Did anyone expect good reviews? Everything after 1 was mediocre to awful
TCTTS
AG
Added final trailers for both Spider-Man: Homecoming and Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, along with the debut trailer for Wonder...

TajMaballer
AG
Valerian visually looks stunning. Don't know about the story or characters, but I think this one is one that I will splurge for IMAX/3D.
MrPlow2010
AG
Wind River from Taylor Sheridan with Elizabeth Olsen and Jeremy Renner

Sex Panther
AG
Taylor Sheridan... **** yes
MrPlow2010
AG
Bunk Moreland
MrPlow2010 said:

Wind River from Taylor Sheridan with Elizabeth Olsen and Jeremy Renner

Full chubb
hurleyag
AG
Longmire the movie?
TCTTS
AG
Added it to the OP. Thanks!
TCTTS
AG
Added the new trailer for The Hitman's Bodyguard...

TCTTS
AG
Added the hilarious new trailer for Steven Soderbergh's Logan Lucky...

Farmer1906
AG
Hawkeye & Scarlet Witch spin off. I like it.
TCTTS
AG
Big influx of some great (and a couple of so-so) trailers over the past couple of days. All have been added to the OP...

AliasMan02
AG
Rough Night looks friggin terrible.
Sex Panther
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Rough Night looks friggin terrible.

So awful... not to mention it's a complete female rip off of Very Bad Things
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. Great call. But yeah, nothing about that movie looks even remotely appealing.
TCTTS
AG
Reviews I've seen so far have definitely been good to great.
israeliag
AG
The Little Hours has me highly intrigued.
MrPlow2010
AG
TCTTS
AG
Thanks. Added it to the OP.
AliasMan02
AG
If there is one never-ending source for totally bat**** you-can't-make-this-up stories to base movies on, it's the CIA. Has anybody ever done a for real, big budget movie about MK Ultra?
Furlock Bones
AG
that looks great!
FL_Ag1998
AG
ATM1876 said:

I'm excited to see It Comes at Night as long as the reviews aren't terrible. It's not the type of movie that would typically be on my list but the writer/director's first film Krisha was surprisingly enjoyable last year (won the top award at SXSW). It's about your typical Texas Thanksgiving that takes an odd turn when "that" family member shows up after years away and turns into a bit of a psychological horror movie. It made a few top 10 lists and is very impressive for a debut film shot at a relative's house north of Houston on a shoestring budget. Check it out on Amazon Prime if you're looking for something to watch.

Dude, you got my hopes up but it's not on Amazon Prime (or Netflix for that matter).
BizAg13
It should still be up on Prime. I saw it listed last night.
TCTTS
AG
mhayden
PlanoAggie said:

Feels like they showed too much in that Dark Tower trailer

About the only hope they really have of getting people in the theaters would be to show as little as possible -- each bit released makes this look worse and worse. They released 3 TV spots and if you didn't see the gun you'd half expect the title marquee to come up as 'Blade 4'.

They've made Roland into a superhero.
FL_Ag1998
AG
BizAg13 said:

It should still be up on Prime. I saw it listed last night.

Nope
TCTTS
AG
I've seen maybe half an hour of the first Cars movie and wasn't really feeling it, but damn it if this trailer didn't somehow just give me chills. What a great, random use of The Eagles...

Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

I've seen maybe half an hour of the first Cars movie and wasn't really feeling it, but damn it if this trailer didn't somehow just give me chills. What a great, random use of The Eagles...

FL_Ag1998
AG
ATM1876 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

ATM1876 said:

I'm excited to see It Comes at Night as long as the reviews aren't terrible. It's not the type of movie that would typically be on my list but the writer/director's first film Krisha was surprisingly enjoyable last year (won the top award at SXSW). It's about your typical Texas Thanksgiving that takes an odd turn when "that" family member shows up after years away and turns into a bit of a psychological horror movie. It made a few top 10 lists and is very impressive for a debut film shot at a relative's house north of Houston on a shoestring budget. Check it out on Amazon Prime if you're looking for something to watch.

Dude, you got my hopes up but it's not on Amazon Prime (or Netflix for that matter).

Just checked and it's still free to watch on Amazon Prime, found it with the search function on the Fire TV.

Ok, WTF, this is driving me crazy, lol. I just searched on Roku and then specifically on Amazon Prime and got nothing. Can anybody else verify that they can access the movie?!? And I do believe you, btw, and I swear I saw it on there a few weeks ago, but now that it's out in theaters I don't see it on Prime anymore.
TCTTS
AG
I don't know what the hell ATM1876 is talking about, but It Comes at Night is strictly, 100%, a theatrical release this weekend. It's not hitting VOD/streaming in any capacity, and won't be for at least a couple months.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, ok, after re-reading, he's talking about Krisha being on Amazon Prime, not It Comes at Night. Is that where your confusion is, FL_Ag?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.