Blockbusters of 2017 - Highlights of a Sure-To-Be Record-Breaking Year

92,217 Views | 584 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

I like
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
gougler08
AG
The Meyerwitz Stories looks pretty good
TCTTS
AG

FancyKetchup14
AG
Filmed here in Cincinnati. Starring John Travolta and hits theaters in December. I've always been fascinated with "the mob" after watching the Sopranos (IMO greatest show of all time) and Goodfellas. This looks good.

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

Duncan Idaho
Locke 2, Confrence call
BurnetAggie99
Interesting to see another Gotti film.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
And with that, only two big trailers left for 2017 movies... Paul Thomas Anderson's Phantom Thread and Spielberg's The Post... both of which should be getting trailers any day now...
wangus12
AG
You gonna start another thread for 2018. I really liked following this thread because you post a lot of movies I probably wouldn't see trailers for otherwise
TCTTS
AG
The only reason I did this thread was to make up for my site, The Projection List, not being back quite yet. And since it'll be back for 2018 (and beyond), I wasn't planning on doing a 2018 thread. That said, I can see the value in a thread in addition to the site, so we'll see. It's a ton of work, but it is a nice catch all for the trailers that don't deserve their own threads, and it has been a great place for general movie-going discussion. I'll probably end up doing one, but it might be a while before I can find the time. Potentially sometime in the next month or so...
AgFB
AG
Thanks to all of you for this thread. I've used it to go back and watch stuff I have missed. I just got my Movie Pass, so hopefully will put it to work on some of the late in 17 movies.

TCTTS
AG
Based on word out the festivals so far, Robbie is a lock for Best Actress nominee, Allison Janney a probable Best Supporting Actress nominee, while the movie itself is an apparent Best Picture candidate as well. Needless to say, reactions have been glowing for this one...

TCTTS
AG
Finally, the trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson's Phantom Thread, in which he and Daniel Day-Lewis reunite (their last movie together was There Will Be Blood). This is also apparently DDL's final movie, as he has announced that he is now retired. And because it's PTA, I'm sure it'll be great, but I have to say, after seeing the trailer, this is the least interested I've been in PTA movie in a long time...

schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

Finally, the trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson's Phantom Thread, in which he and Daniel Day-Lewis reunite (their last movie together was There Will Be Blood). This is also apparently DDL's final movie, as he has announced that he is now retired. And because it's PTA, I'm sure it'll be great, but I have to say, after seeing the trailer, this is the least interested I've been in PTA movie in a long time...

no doubt it will be an excellent film, but i'm not hooked. just doesn't look entertaining to me.
TCTTS
AG
Same.
Sex Panther
AG
Man... that... looks... boring
Fairview
AG
Total snoozefest. Sitting through a two minute trailer was hard enough let alone a full movie.
AgFB
AG
Maybe it's the anti-trailer. They clipped the most boring parts of the movie instead of anything that makes you actually want to go see it.
TCTTS
AG
Was kind of sort of into this, at least until this trailer. Man, this looks bad...

TCTTS
AG
Also, just a reminder that I'm still updating / adding all these trailers to the OP for those looking for a release schedule of sorts.
twilly
AG
What the F is that? Looks like an Alien Nation hybrid with Lord of the Rings.
TCTTS
AG
Looks so great. Thanks for posting. Added it to the OP.
TCTTS
AG
Also, the trailer for Spielberg's The Post should finally be hitting sometime in the next couple of days, and with that, we'll finally have trailers for every major release through the end of the year.
hurleyag
AG
Are they going to break the 4th wall in this one? Looked like it after the shotgun blast and she looks at the camera and says "I never did this."
TCTTS
AG
Added the second trailers for both The Disaster Artist and Downsizing...

TCTTS
AG
Also, just FYI, this week officially marks the beginning of the holiday movie season with a slate that includes Thor: Ragnarok, Oscar hopeful Lady Bird, Richard Linklater's Last Flag Flying, and A Bad Mom's Christmas. Basically, from here on out, it's packed weekends through the end of the year...
FancyKetchup14
AG
That trailer for the disaster artist totally has me bought in, it looks incredibly done.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.