*****2024 Summer Olympics*****

80,727 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DoitBest
YokelRidesAgain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kennedy Blades loses to Japan. The cycling race is in progress; I really can't tell what is going on.

As volleyball is about to lose, the USA has to have cycling to have hopes to tie China in the golds race.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie Therapist
AG
"FOUR SECONDS TOO LATE"

they can blow me.

Come back to the US with the medal and COME AND TAKE IT!
MaroonStain
AG
Mother cluck
jograki
AG
Italy dominated the whole game
JDUB08AG
AG
Congrats Romania. You win bronze on a technicality but will know you never really deserved it because a judge accidentally did you a favor.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Italy sweeps the US to claim volleyball gold. After a loose second set in their very first match against the Dominican Republic, they won 17 straight sets in the competition; too good.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Jennifer Valente is 36 points up in the final race of the omnium! I don't understand the rules at all, but it is looking good if she can stay on the bike.
AggieRain
AG
This is my take as well. Holding very strong!
jograki
AG
Jennifer Valente GOLD! USA! USA!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
GOLD FOR VALENTE IN WOMEN'S OMNIUM CYCLING! 40-39 China!
Aggie Therapist
AG
There are 80 laps to go!

Oh wait…..
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Be nice. She might not be attractive but at least she looks like a woman and she can play. We have less attractive women in some sports.
aggietony2010
AG
Barbosu should've won bronze even with the inquiry. She got screwed out of a tenth for an OoB where she clearly wasn't.

But it is truly impressive how the judges/committee managed to handle this in a way where everyone got screwed.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
All three should get bronze imo
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
So does the cycling gold get us to 40?

If so tied with china and need gold in women's basketball.

Edit

Apparently that gets us to 39. We need gold in basketball to tie china at 40.
jograki
AG
No, it has us 1 below China. The bball gold will have us tie
wangus12
AG
No. We need Basketball to win to tie China
Nanomachines son
JDUB08AG said:

Congrats Romania. You win bronze on a technicality but will know you never really deserved it because a judge accidentally did you a favor.

See the Indian wrestler who missed weight by 100 grams. They are absolutely unforgiving about rules in the Olympics. It sucks but they do this to everyone across all sports. They don't give exceptions, ever.
Aggie Therapist
AG
No. Women's BbAll gold will allow us to tie china
YokelRidesAgain
AG
It all comes down to this!

USA faces off against host France for the women's basketball gold and to tie China at the top of the gold medal table, putting the US at the top of the medal table for the fourth straight Games, and the 7th of 8 times since the end of the Soviet era.

I have it on good authority that Gregg Popovich has appeared at the arena wrapped in the French tricolor, wearing a beret, and with baguettes in hand to wave at our athletes at the free throw line.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Where Caitlin Clark?

When is the roster finalized?
Aggie Therapist
AG
Put your hands over your heart during the national anthem dammit!!
LB12Diamond
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

No. Women's BbAll gold will allow us to tie china

Well we have not lost a game since 1992 so I like our chances. And too bad Clark is not playing. I might have watched if she were.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Where Caitlin Clark?

When is the roster finalized?
Have you been sleeping under a rock?

She failed the controversial gender eligibility test after she was found to lack a Y chromosome.
Aggie Therapist
AG
YokelRidesAgain
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Well we have not lost a game since 1992 so I like our chances. And too bad Clark is not playing. I might have watched if she were.
The US has lost one game in Olympic history to a country that currently exists (bizarrely, losing their very first Olympic game to Japan in 1976). US also lost to the Soviets in 1988 and their successor "Unified Team" in 1992.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Wow so that no gold in the high jump where they were tied and the other athlete chose to jump it off - really cost us. They could have shared golds.

Some have reported it as McEwen "agreed to a jump off". But according to reports McEwen said the NZ jumper came to him and said he wanted a jump off for it and McEwen agreed. I mean it really didn't matter at hat point if the NZ jumper wanted a jump off it was going to be a jump off because both have to agree to share it and the NZ jumper said he was never doing that.

Quote:

"He said it first, and I agreed to it," McEwen said, according to the Washington Post. "At some point, I kind of got fatigued. I maybe would have shared it with him, for sure. But I agreed to it, and it was all good."
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Wow so that no gold in the high jump where they were tied and the other athlete chose to jump it off - really cost us. They could have shared golds.
And the 4 x 100 m men's relay failing to get the baton around, again.

And Noah Lyles losing an event he hadn't lost in three years after getting COVID.

And Simone Biles stepping out of bounds with both feet, twice, during the floor final.

And Austin Krajicek's partner being unable to get a single first serve in up a set and a break in the men doubles tennis final.

And on and on.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

And the 4 x 100 m men's relay failing to get the baton around, again.

And Noah Lyles losing an event he hadn't lost in three years after getting COVID.

And Simone Biles stepping out of bounds with both feet, twice, during the floor final.

And Austin Krajicek's partner being unable to get a single first serve in up a set and a break in the men doubles tennis final.

And on and on.

Forgot about that tennis one.....that hurt up 1 set to 0 and up 4-2 in the second set and lose the set and then the tiebreaker. Ugh.

But the high jump I mean it was over they were done and could have both walked away with gold which happened in 2020 I believe.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
China has their own regrets, of course.

Boxing silver after losing to an Algerian who was disqualified from the last world championships for being male.

Self-destruction in the last rotation of the men's gymnastics team final, men's all around gymnast getting silver after falling down during his floor routine, etc.
RVAg02
AG
Ain't the Olympics great?!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
I don't know whether to be happy we're not down 10, or mad that we're not up by 20.
MaroonStain
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Be nice. She might not be attractive but at least she looks like a woman and she can play. We have less attractive women in some sports.

At least she didn't claim to be non-binary like US shot putter and 5000M track zhers.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
I suggest that the US coach channel Herb Brooks and limit her halftime speech to: "If you lose this game you'll take it to your graves. Your ****ing graves."

Based on this performance, it doesn't appear that she has anything else useful to offer.
Heisenberg01
AG
Caitlin Clark had made women's basketball somewhat interesting. This game has taken the sport back a decade. Completely unwatchable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.