*****2024 Summer Olympics*****

80,809 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DoitBest
dallasiteinsa02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heck of a comeback.
StinkyPinky
AG
Old Man America pulled it out. Actually cool to see France in the final, will be a lot of energy in the arena for the finals.
PascalsWager
AG
Good news: France isn't as good as Serbia

Bad news: the crowd will be ELECTRIC. The noise will be deafening in a college basketball way as long as France hangs around.
wangus12
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

wangus12 said:

My brother competes in power lifting still. At the local/regional level, its funny because they have organized Open (use steroids) events and then Closed (drug testing) events. Cracks me up
I know, my ex-father in law competed nationally in 65+ powerlifting. And yeah, he's on 'roids.

The way he explained it to me, the Olympic stuff is way harder because of the agility and balance needed. Powerlifting is just brute strength.
Yeah my brother does both. Just mixes it up from time to time. Love going to watch some of his meets. Those dudes are ridiculous
AggieZUUL
AG
Steve Kerr and his band of prima donna idiots pulled it off!

YokelRidesAgain
AG
PascalsWager said:

Good news: France isn't as good as Serbia

Bad news: the crowd will be ELECTRIC. The noise will be deafening in a college basketball way as long as France hangs around.
France's back court isn't very good, and Rudy Gobert isn't scaring anyone with his scoring. Start Edwards, Curry, LeBron, Durant, and Embiid and shoot them out of the gym.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Last event of the day: gold on the line for China in bantamweight ladyboxing versus Turkey.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
American ref: do your duty for your country. Deduct points from China every round.
Artimus Gordon
AG
When are they going to hoist fat-Tina up on the cross so we can close out this spectacle.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Gold for China. 30-29 US going into the final three days of competition.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
The moneyline has moved from USA -700 at halftime of the basketball game to -1050 on FanDuel.

ETA: Total gold medals
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PascalsWager said:

Do people know that track and swimming are gonna switch weeks in LA 2028?

First week track and 2nd week swimming. It's gonna be weird.

why?
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

PascalsWager said:

why?
They are holding the open ceremony and swimming at SoFi Stadium (38,000 capacity for swimming). Swimming events start 12 hours after the opening ceremony, and they need more time to turn over the venue.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

PascalsWager said:

why?
They are holding the open ceremony and swimming at SoFi Stadium (38,000 capacity for swimming). Swimming events start 12 hours after the opening ceremony, and they need more time to turn over the venue.

Ahh makes sense. I guess.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I've had enough Snoop for the rest of my life
Good lord
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
aggiebird02
Aggie Therapist said:

Good lord
It's pretty cool if you have it on mute. I don't know what they're talking about, but it looks cool seeing stoned snoopy talk to that guy that isn't Bob Costas…
DannyDuberstein
AG
Snoop farted on Bob Costas' pillow which allowed Mike Tirico to Wally Pipp him
LB12Diamond
AG
Does anybody miss Costas?

No one loved the sound of his voice more than he did.
JDUB08AG
AG
I don't know how others feel but I love Tirico in this role
YokelRidesAgain
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Does anybody miss Costas?

No one loved the sound of his voice more than he did.

Hell, I still miss Jim McKay.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
JDUB08AG said:

He's been great. A true pro. When he first moved from ESPN to NBC in 2016 and did this role, I thought he wasn't a good fit when he was working Rio. I do associate Costas with the Olympics still because I'm old, but Mike Tirico has killed it in Tokyo and now Paris.
_lefraud_
AG
Men's 4x400 did just enough with the 16yr old leading off. He didn't run well but going against Botswana and the reigning 200m gold medalist was a bad combo for the kids debut.
ElephantRider
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Good lord

Snoop is a national treasure
wangus12
AG
It was a bad idea to give him the leadoff. Thats the toughest/longest leg with a ton of pressure
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Another canoeing gold for China. 30 all.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Covid 19 was purposefully made to sabotage use in France

Look what happen to Lyes!!!
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Men's water polo loses to Serbia 10-6 in the semifinals. This was not an event that the US was expected to win coming in, but disappointing as the four finalists looked relatively even.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
In a minor surprise, China wins gold and bronze in women's springboard, instead of gold and silver.

The bronze medalist will probably miss the LA Olympics due to her upcoming sentence to a forced labor camp.

China is one gold medal away from the diving sweep and lead total golds 31-30.
_lefraud_
AG
A little concerned about China in the men's 4x100.
wangus12
AG
So we are now at 31-30 for Golds with China leading

Events left with "expected" medals

United States:
M/W Basketball
M/W 4x100
M/W 4x400
M 400mH (Hope Rai can come through)
Wrestling 57kg Mens
Womens Vball
Womens Soccer

China:
Team Table Tennis M/W
Diving M
Women's Field Hockey
3 Boxing Finals
Women's Golf
Weightlifting x2

We both still have athletes going in Canoeing/Breaking (so dumb)/Wrestling

If all these turn into Golds, it ends 40-40, but thats not gonna happen. I think China probably has us this year.

Max Power
AG
JDUB08AG said:

While I agree Tirico does a great job I don't have any respect for him and don't care to see him on tv. After reading ESPN: Those Guys Have All The Fun, I learned some pretty damning info about the guy. Specifically he was well known for sexually harassing women there. Multiple people in the book confirmed it. Every time I've see him on tv since I read that book it's all I can think of, the guy sounds like a real POS.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
wangus12 said:

China:
Team Table Tennis M/W
Diving M
Women's Field Hockey
3 Boxing Finals
Women's Golf
Weightlifting x2

We both still have athletes going in Canoeing/Breaking (so dumb)/Wrestling

If all these turn into Golds, it ends 40-40, but thats not gonna happen. I think China probably has us this year.
I would delete women's golf from China; currently neither the US or China has a golfer in medal position, and there are two Americans ahead or tied with China. Most likely it is neither, but I wouldn't count out Korda.

Good money to be made on China if you think they're going to win (US -1050 on FanDuel for most golds).
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Agreed I think he is perfect for this. Very tempered and yes still excited for all of it. And a great voice.
tk for tu juan
Breaking B-Girls qualification round currently on E!
Aggie02
AG
Tried watching it. I have no idea what is considered good.

Are they suppose to "battle". Music and dance don't really jive.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.