*****2024 Summer Olympics*****

80,718 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DoitBest
Aggies76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't realize Tommy Paul and Taylor Fritz were in it! Could be an all-American gold medal match!
jokershady
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

I read this was the first time there will be two previous All-Around gold medalists competing for the same team in the same event.
holy crap i hadn't even realized this was a thing....but yeah that sounds right
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Gold medal race update:

China picks up 2 gold medals in shooting and the race walk to get to 11.

A Chinese tennis player also stunned world number one and three time defending French Open champion Iga Swiatek in the semifinals.

US claws one back with a rowing gold, taking our total to 6.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PascalsWager
AG
I guess I'm the fencing expert now since I went to one final but Lee Kiefer and Lauren Scruggs finished gold silver in individual foil. Tonight they're in the team final with two other women against traditional favorites Italy. They should win.
KCup17
AG
MENS 4's ROWING WIN GOLD!

End a 64 year drought.
MAROON
AG
Olympic Golf coverage on The Golf Channle all morning.
PascalsWager
AG
Another fun thing from this week, especially for guys like Head Ninja in charge, is that I got to see Chase Budinger play Beach Volleyball in front of the Eiffel Tower. I remember this guy playing on the early Harden Rockets when I used to post frequently on the NBA other board; he was a solid rotation guy. But it's cool that he's following his real dream. I have nostalgia about those early Daryl Morey years
YokelRidesAgain
AG
PascalsWager said:

I guess I'm the fencing expert now since I went to one final but Lee Kiefer and Lauren Scruggs finished gold silver in individual foil. Tonight they're in the team final with two other women against traditional favorites Italy. They should win.
That is the great thing about the Olympics. You become an instant expert in sports that you never have, or would, watch otherwise.

For example, under non-Olympic circumstances I would not pay for a ticket to an ice dancing contest, nor attend if it was free, nor attend if I was paid to do so.

But for three nights every 4 year, I can analyze the quality of a twizzle.

I am deeply ashamed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
PascalsWager said:

Another fun thing from this week, especially for guys like Head Ninja in charge, is that I got to see Chase Budinger play Beach Volleyball in front of the Eiffel Tower. I remember this guy playing on the early Harden Rockets when I used to post frequently on the NBA other board; he was a solid rotation guy. But it's cool that he's following his real dream. I have nostalgia about those early Daryl Morey years
He was the co-MVP of the McDonald's All-American game his graduating year...with Kevin Durant! Seeing that clip of them dapping up and hugging during the opening ceremony is why I love the Olympics so hard.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
How are we so bad at 3x3 bouncy ball??
MAROON
AG
not sure I know what just happened in the mens judo finals. Guy who was leading up until 8 seconds left just had the ref take away points and he lost the match. I think he was deliberately stalling.
KCup17
AG
I was watching that too and really have no idea what happened. I was also watching with the sound off so I was left even more perplexed.
MAROON
AG
same - and my wife came in to tell me something right at the moment it happened. Pretty sure that is what happened though. They were engaged and he just fell on his back and the other guy backed off and started complaining.
KCup17
AG
Geez Simone just hit a monster score
YokelRidesAgain
AG
KCup17 said:

Geez Simone just hit a monster score
Her advantage in baseline difficulty is such that she is almost certain to win unless she has two (or more) falls on bars and beam.
Big Cat `93
AG
PascalsWager said:

"Hey Bud, let's party!"
The Marksman
AG
Absolute nails from Suni Lee!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Lee guaranteed bronze!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Biles just needs to stay on her feet to win gold.
The Marksman
AG
It'll be Gold for Biles and Bronze for Lee! The US women with the double podium!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Gold!

(Three more would be nice.)
chico
AG
She's human! Was that a "****" under her breath?
KCup17
AG
This Chinese swimmer went out like a rocket…
ktownag08
AG
Always love a redemption story. Congrats to Biles and Lee for the gold/bronze. Incredible ladies!
The Marksman
AG
Smith takes silver for the US! Summer McIntosh is unbelievable; kid is just 17.
MAROON
AG
I think Smith also set the US record there
KCup17
AG
She sure did!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
US women up 5 in team sword fighting (foil) with 3 minutes to go!

I think someone on the board may be there?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Men beating women in boxing. Women winning SWORDFIGHTS (/quentin tarantino voice). We are living in different times.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Men beating women in boxing. Women winning SWORDFIGHTS (/quentin tarantino voice). We are living in different times.
Hey, they can make breakdancing and flag football Olympic sports as long as we win the gold!!!
KCup17
AG
I remember someone saying that we would Dog walk the Italians in the Gold medal Foil match.

Currently the Americans are beating the Brit's in the Men's doubles Quaterfinals in Tennis
The Marksman
AG
Kate Douglass takes gold for the US!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

US women up 5 in team sword fighting (foil) with 3 minutes to go!

I think someone on the board may be there?
OK, I don't understand the rules of team swordfighting. Looks like there are more competitors. We are still winning, though.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
The Marksman said:

Kate Douglass takes gold for the US!
About time we took a close one!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Our last fencer (the individual silver medalist) is in for the last round, up 8 points. We got this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.