*****2024 Summer Olympics*****

80,749 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DoitBest
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Right. I'm watching the Peacock live stream for the Women's 4x100 Free Relay right now, and the only thing I see is the live clock and the meter counter. No WR/OR benchmark displayed. Those always added a little extra oomph to the stakes.
tk for tu juan
The studio portions use NBC cameras and graphics. The events come from OBS
DeadCiv
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Right. I'm watching the Peacock live stream for the Women's 4x100 Free Relay right now, and the only thing I see is the live clock and the meter counter. No WR/OR benchmark displayed. Those always added a little extra oomph to the stakes.

I'll pass your concern on to Jakob and his team. ;-)
agdaddy04
AG
Did I hear that right? The women just set an American record?
tk for tu juan
The Aussie women just backed up the trash talk that NBC keeps bringing up.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The US men put it on them.
tk for tu juan
Yep, kicked their ass
agdaddy04
AG
That was awesome
YokelRidesAgain
AG
First gold medal for the US in these games, one behind China and two behind Australia.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie Therapist
AG
North Korea is leading in gold medals right now

Who knew
DannyDuberstein
AG
Wonder what Snoop could do the 100M in
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
LFGGGG.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Do beach volleyball players not wear bikini bottoms any more?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
annie88
AG
The men's freestyle relay team got gold, the women's got silver.

Men really poured it on there at the end. Way to go!
DeadCiv
AG
DeadCiv said:

Okay, I'm told Peacock/NBC is generating ALL on screen graphics out of their studios in Stamford, CT. (NOT Atlanta, as I said)

I passed along y'alls request for onscreen WR
Thunderstruck xx
Men's fencing is way more entertaining than women's fencing. It's like NBA vs WNBA.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
DeadCiv said:

DeadCiv said:

Okay, I'm told Peacock/NBC is generating ALL on screen graphics out of their studios in Stamford, CT. (NOT Atlanta, as I said)

I passed along y'alls request for onscreen WR

Texags >>>
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Thunderstruck xx said:

Men's fencing is way more entertaining than women's fencing. It's like NBA vs WNBA.
Fencing is one sport I just can't follow at that level. It just looks like both guys are waving their swords around in a whirl and every so often someone yells "YAY!!!!"

It would be a lot easier to follow if they were actually stabbing each other.
monarch
S
If they don't get a gold the great leader will shoot you with a 50 cal machine gun
Peace for Ukraine!
tk for tu juan
https://operationsguide.obs.tv/guide/4/Production-and-Transmission-Procedures

Quote:

Graphics
OBS is responsible for the production of all television graphic inserts that appear on the ITVR signals from every venue. A graphic look is specifically designed for each Olympic Games, assimilating elements, colours and pictograms, with an emphasis on digital cross-platform suitability.
Graphic layouts have been optimised for content, maximising legibility and comprehension for the worldwide television audience. Compact versions of some graphics have been added to encourage focus on the human stories unfolding. Athlete-centric data has been added, where appropriate, to further engage the audience.

All sports graphics are fully interfaced with real-time competition data. Purpose-built user interfaces encourage timely and appropriate use of graphics to support the narrative of each and every competition.
Animated elements and dynamic movement have been incorporated where appropriate. The text of the television graphics is British English.

aggiebird02
Is it still gay or have things calmed down? Has anything cool happened yet?
YokelRidesAgain
AG
The Argentina volleyball team has a player named Loser Bruno, and he is now my favorite Olympic athlete of all time.
PhatMack19
AG
Snoop has been pretty awesome. Looks like he is having a blast.
Cappo
AG
Murica
Cappo
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Snoop has been pretty awesome. Looks like he is having a blast.
Am enjoying ole Snoop
Aggies76
AG
What's going to happen at the swimming events when Rowdy Gaines is too old to continue? It certainly won't be the same without him. He's only 65, he might have a few Olympics left.
Aggies76
AG
Watched France win the gold in rugby today and I've decided that's a great sport. Those guys are tough as nails.
Cappo
AG
Will be weird. He's definitely iconic.
Aggies76
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Do beach volleyball players not wear bikini bottoms any more?

I think some teams consider it sexist.
monarch
S
Snoop is worthless; get him off the screen. This is the guy that had a som at UCLA on a football scholarship, got pissy cuz his son wasn't playing, walked on the practice field and pulled the kid off The squad. **** him. Worthless drug head. Adds nothing to the programming. .
Peace for Ukraine!
monarch
S
That "requirement " was changed.
Peace for Ukraine!
tk for tu juan
Biles with an ankle issue after floor warmups
Edit: still did the routine with one out of bounds penalty, but landed everything
LB12Diamond
AG
Hopefully the "twisties" don't show up.
tk for tu juan
It is not 2021 anymore
MAROON
AG
Olympic boxing is so disappointing sometimes. Three rounds of usually just a few punches landed. Always up to the cards.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.