Positive for corona

112,963 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PJYoung
BallerStaf2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you. So three days
Ciboag96
GE said:

So are you like a superhero now? You can basically go back about your normal life without worrying about catching the virus.

If you go back on the job market seems like having had and recovered from the virus would be a serious point in your favor

No ***** Instant risk-free: delivery man, checkout clerk, covid test station person, personal shopper, etc.
goodAg80
AG
Ciboag96 said:

GE said:

So are you like a superhero now? You can basically go back about your normal life without worrying about catching the virus.

If you go back on the job market seems like having had and recovered from the virus would be a serious point in your favor

No ***** Instant risk-free: delivery man, checkout clerk, covid test station person, personal shopper, etc.
Gigolo
Ft Worth Ag
AG
Thank you for sharing your experiences. You have helped shed a light to what most of us are dreading in the days ahead.
YouBet
AG
Glad you're ok!
John Francis Donaghy
BallerStaf2003 said:

Thank you. So three days

3 days from resolution of symptons AND at least 7 days from onset of symptoms.

We know from the thread that it's been more than 7 days since the start for you already. Just clarifying for future readers that both need to be satisfied before going back out.

Glad you're doing so well. And thank you very much for sharing your experience. With all the disinformation, half truths, and sensationalism in the media, your first hand account of the day-by-day reality of this virus is enlightening and somewhat reassuring. Thank you.
BadMoonRisin
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Thank you. So three days
Glad to hear it, Baller. Have fun walking around like *********Iron Man for the next 2 months.
AgLiving06
BallerStaf2003 said:

Thank you. So three days

Has your partner exhibited any additional signs?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Gig em Baller.

Glad you are doing well and thank you for posting this. Really sheds light as to what the experience is.

You may have helped a lot of Ags know what to expect and how to deal, as well as when to seek medical help .

Good bull.
goodAg80
AG

NM
jeffdjohnson
BallerStaf2003 said:

Jock 07 said:

To include the sense of taste? Honestly that's one of the scariest parts. And congrats on shaking the virus. Hope it continues to go well for you.

Slowly coming back. Like 50%

Sounds like that is happening a lot. Crazy.
dkd95
AG
So glad to hear that you're feeling better. Thank you for sharing with us - it's a great public service.
Counterpoint
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

GE said:

I definitely feel it. It's been so nice to feel better and taste food.

Does anyone know how long I'm contagious once symptoms go away?
Do you lose your sense of taste/smell when you get a cold? That always happens to me. If you do, is this a different sensation?

Lucas Jackson
Just seeing this, more than thrilled to see you made it through, buddy!

KS 267 (dirty)
encinoag
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Midland Memorial Hospital has warned everyone not to handle the gas pump handles. They were finding that a major transmission point. Do not handle bare handed. Just passing this on. One suspected case in Midland.
My wife has been saying this for years. She always grabs handle with a disinfectant wipe!
Sid Farkas
AG
encinoag said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Midland Memorial Hospital has warned everyone not to handle the gas pump handles. They were finding that a major transmission point. Do not handle bare handed. Just passing this on. One suspected case in Midland.
My wife has been saying this for years. She always grabs handle with a disinfectant wipe!
I talked to my 81 year old mother today. She has cancer and is going thru chemo now. She lives in an assisted living facility. I think she's possibly a really high risk individual. She drove thru the pharmacy this morning to get her meds and had to stop at the gas station on the way home...she told me she carefully wiped down the handle before she used it. What a relief.

Thanks so much for posting...I just informed my slightly less at risk wife about it.
JamesBREI06
AG
Lucas Jackson said:

Just seeing this, more than thrilled to see you made it through, buddy!

KS 267 (dirty)

KS 392
Whoop!
BallerStaf2003
AG
No never like this. It felt completely cut off
Counterpoint
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Wow. Thanks for the info. Glad you're feeling better!
BusterAg
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Just found and read through this thread, very happy to see BallerStaf2003 has turned the corner and seems to be on the back end of this.

One thing that strikes me is the severity of the symptoms - 7 days of fever? Severe eye pain? Loss of appetite , taste and smell? Bowel Issues? I've never had anything close to this, I think the longest I've ever had a fever was 2-3 days when I got H1N1. YET, despite your symptoms, this would still classify as a mild or moderate case I am guessing - because you weren't hospitalized? If I went through what you had it would be by far the worst sickness of my life, yet it will be labeled a mild or moderate case (I'm guessing).

Congrats on your new immunity (again, I'm guessing)!

I've been running a fever for the last two days. Actually, my first symptom was a bad Cas of conjunctivitis, but I just chalked that up to tree pollen.

I had influenza B in December. It had me on my butt for two weeks. Higher fever, muscle aches, nauseated. So far, besides the sore lungs, this has not been as bad for me. Obviously, it is really serious for some people though.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Sorry. Son-in-law is PA and working in Midland Memorial. That's where I got the info.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
BusterAg
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Did you do the zinc throat lozenges? First time with those? I have done those for colds, and it makes everything I eat taste exactly like soap until 2 days after I quit them.
The Kingfish
AG
What was the shortness of breath like?
You know the way to grandma's house! R.I.P. Buddy D
BallerStaf2003
AG
BusterAg said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Did you do the zinc throat lozenges? First time with those? I have done those for colds, and it makes everything I eat taste exactly like soap until 2 days after I quit them.

No I didn't.
5StarShield
AG
So, do you know how you get counted as someone "recovered"? Does it require getting tested again?

Or are they only counting the recovered as those that enter the hospital and are released?
FbgTxAg
AG
He would need to test negative twice to be counted as recovered.

However, we obviously don't want to waste tests on people we know have/had it.

So the recovered number is never ever gonna be legit.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
administrative errors
The taste/loss of smell happened to my wife a month or two ago when we all got sick [3 yr old, then wife, then me with least symptoms] everyone was wiped out and I was holding **** together for the team.

But that was late jan/early Feb. Could've been anything though, haven't been that sick.... in a long time if ever really. My whole store got sick once or twice during this time frame really weird and it ran through the kid's daycare once or twice.
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
Kool
AG
32 threads down
Loss of Taste/Smell
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheCurl84
AG
Hey three cheers for BallerStaf2003 for sharing his experience and keeping us updated. Glad you are better.

"God help us to respond reasonably and love irrationally, not the other way around."

-Brian Moss
ChemEng94
AG
Glad you are better!

Are Doctors recommending that patients who have recovered get a CT to check their lungs?
Hope everything returns to normal and that there are no long term effects.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Just an update.

Still 100%. No cough. No nothing. All chest congestion gone.

It left as quickly as it went away.

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you feel symptoms or just want to talk it out.
Charpie
AG
That's great news!!
John Francis Donaghy
Great news!
AggieBiker
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

It left as quickly as it went away.
Not sure you are as well as you think.

J/k. Glad to see you are doing better and your immunity stamp is approved.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Glad to hear it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.