Positive for corona

113,006 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PJYoung
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BallerStaf2003 said:

agsalaska said:

Hey so tell me something. My biological father is a truck driver. He got home and he was knocked the **** out. He said it went from a mild headache to his eyelids hurting it was so bad in about twelve hours.

I should say he likely has it. He has all of the symptoms and his doctor, who has been his doctor for a long time, is trying to get him tested. But since he lives kind of in the country and is not critical they have not tested him yet. It is supposed to be happening right now according to my sister at some clinic near Lakeway.

Did it hit you that fast?

Last Friday I woke up and my eyes hurt so bad. It creeped me out. The eye pain last the first three days and then went away. So funny he experienced that too. Such a weird pain.

Hurt as in burning or just sore?
jonj101
Medication?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
My doctor this morning gave me a " you probably have it but you are mild and not high risk so i cant test you. " i am day 6 of a fever and about 9 of feeling off.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Proposition Joe said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

agsalaska said:

Hey so tell me something. My biological father is a truck driver. He got home and he was knocked the **** out. He said it went from a mild headache to his eyelids hurting it was so bad in about twelve hours.

I should say he likely has it. He has all of the symptoms and his doctor, who has been his doctor for a long time, is trying to get him tested. But since he lives kind of in the country and is not critical they have not tested him yet. It is supposed to be happening right now according to my sister at some clinic near Lakeway.

Last Friday I woke up and my eyes hurt so bad. It creeped me out. The eye pain last the first three days and then went away. So funny he experienced that too. Such a weird pain.

It felt like someone punched me in my eye sockets and I had two black eyes. Was really painful/sore to move my eyes in any direction.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Do you have any way to test blood o2? I'd be curious to see what a reader says at your stage.
FriscoKid
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

agsalaska said:

Hang in there man.

When you feel up to it, a post giving the timeline of symptoms would be great to read. My dad is on day 2.

Also, if you remember about two weeks ago we had a thread on Forum 16 wondering who would be the first Texags user to get the virus. As far as I know you are the winner. Congratulations man!!! I have no idea what you win, other than chills and a cough.

There is NO WAY I'm the first. Right? Prob just the first to admit it.

I think you really might be the first confirmed case.

Hang in there.
BBRex
AG
Sarduakar said:

My doctor this morning gave me a " you probably have it but you are mild and not high risk so i cant test you. " i am day 6 of a fever and about 9 of feeling off.

I have a friend who just got tested who was in your position for four or five days. She's waiting on test results now. Her mom recently had surgery and is living with her, and she's very concerned.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Dang Baller. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.
bullard21k
AG
What type of pain in the eyes?

Like a stye?
TAMU1990
AG
Like allergy eyes? Tingly and itchy?
wangus12
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

jeffdjohnson said:

Have you considered seeking out a prescription for Hydroxychloroquine? (also applies to people with family members diagnosed)

My doctor said he will write it for me if I get worse but asked thst I refrain if I can for people that really need it in case that goes in short supply also.
Good on your doc. I've heard of too many cases were docs are writing scripts to healthy people who don't need it.
swimmerbabe11
prob first tested. I think Russticus thinks she has it but didnt get tested.

in the meantime, prayers for you are your team.
aggiemike02
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Proposition Joe said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

agsalaska said:

It felt like someone punched me in my eye sockets and I had two black eyes. Was really painful/sore to move my eyes in any direction.
Tailgate88
AG
Prayers for you and your team, Baller! You got this!
OldArmy71
AG
Hope you're better soon!
farmrag
BallerStaf2003 said:

agsalaska said:

Hang in there man.

When you feel up to it, a post giving the timeline of symptoms would be great to read. My dad is on day 2.

Also, if you remember about two weeks ago we had a thread on Forum 16 wondering who would be the first Texags user to get the virus. As far as I know you are the winner. Congratulations man!!! I have no idea what you win, other than chills and a cough.

There is NO WAY I'm the first. Right? Prob just the first to admit it.
There's texagr from Comal county that has it. Don't recall their name.
Hey Nav
AG
Thank you for posting.

Get well soon. I hope you have a support system to fetch food and other essentials.
bay fan
S
Wow, so sorry but understand the thought glad to get it over with. Everyone I know is wondering if they have it every time you get a little cough! Thanks for the details and I hope this goes quickly for you and you return to health.
lazuras_dc
AG
Anyone else's eyes start hurting after reading this thread ????
swimmerbabe11
I know I can be a bit of a hypochondriac, but then I over correct and ignore that anythnig is wrong until its really bad... I am completely distrustful of anything I am feeling lately.
G Martin 87
AG
Baller, keep a close watch on your breathing the next two days. Seems like the respiratory symptoms show up in force on day 8-9 if they're going to hit.
jeffdjohnson
wangus12 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

jeffdjohnson said:

Have you considered seeking out a prescription for Hydroxychloroquine? (also applies to people with family members diagnosed)

My doctor said he will write it for me if I get worse but asked thst I refrain if I can for people that really need it in case that goes in short supply also.
Good on your doc. I've heard of too many cases were docs are writing scripts to healthy people who don't need it.
I agree. However this individual has tested positive, has had symptoms for 7 days and may be one of the few who currently need it. It is risky though since the FDA has not fully evaluated the efficacy of this drug with regard to COVID-19.
P.C. Principal
Best wishes for a full recovery, Baller.

Might be a dumb question but here goes: once you've recovered, are you immune? Do you have anything to worry about, are you still contagious after recovered, or can you roam the streets freely?
agsalaska
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Proposition Joe said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

agsalaska said:

Thats pretty much what my dad said. Weird and very painful sensation.

Hey Baller. My mom wants to know how your fever progressed. Dad has been up in the 101-102 range for two days now and all Tylenol has really does is stabilize it near 101. How has your progressed?

Really thankful for the feedback.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
1990AG
AG
I had to look up "comorbidty"

Marcus Aurelius
AG
Thx for sharing.
Rossticus
BallerStaf2003 said:

Hey there, I'm in medical sales and my entire team as well as most surgeons I work with have tested positive for coronavirus here in LA. I'm on day 7 of symptoms and finally got a test just to confirm. The test was positive.

I'm 39 with no other comorbidities. I have had a fever, chills, and a dry cough this past week. I do feel congestion in my chest but breathing is still okay.

I'm riding this out at home and hopefully this is uplifting to many of you as my symptoms are very manageable.

To be honest, I'm glad to be getting it over with.

Symptoms through seven days:

Loss of appetite: Day 1-7
Pain around eyes: Day 1-3
Fever/chills: Day 2-7
Dry cough: Day 4-7
Chest congestion: Day 4-7
Diarrhea: Day 1-7
Fatigue/Sleeping: Day 2-7

azul_rain
Wow
FriscoKid
AG
Glad you are making it "OK" too. Was wondering since you hadn't posted in a while.
annie88
AG
Get better soon.
dermdoc
AG
Prayers for a complete recovery. And I agree with your doc on the hydroxychloroquine.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Charpie
AG
Prayers for a full recovery, friend.
Rossticus
FriscoKid said:

Glad you are making it "OK" too. Was wondering since you hadn't posted in a while.

Thanks. Yep. Hanging in there. Employer has made sure to keep me stocked with plenty of work. Not much else to do so I've kept myself occupied with that.
Bockaneer
AG
Prayers for you and your friends that you all recover quickly!
91G 'EM 94GGIES!
jakeaggie84
AG
diarrhea! Got toilet paper???

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.