Positive for corona

112,992 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PJYoung
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BallerStaf2003 said:

It left as quickly as it went away.

Are you sure there are still no effects?

Just kidding - assuming kidding is welcome at this point.

I'm sure there are a good number of us that would prefer having gone through it and feel clear of it rather than wondering if they will get it and be on the wrong side of a statistic.
GE
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Just an update.

Still 100%. No cough. No nothing. All chest congestion gone.

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you feel symptoms or just want to talk it out.
Great to hear. How about the rest of the people you were with who also got infected?
South Platte
BallerStaf2003 said:

Just an update.

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you feel symptoms or just want to talk it out.
Do you live alone? How did you get continued access to Tylenol, food, etc.?
Houston Lee
AG
Good news Baller!
Pumpkinhead
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Just an update.

Maybe trying running your normal 6 minute mile this afternoon, to convince yourself and all of us that you've fully recovered.
bay fan
S
FbgTxAg said:

He would need to test negative twice to be counted as recovered.

However, we obviously don't want to waste tests on people we know have/had it.

So the recovered number is never ever gonna be legit.
Not very different then all the people who don't get tested because their course of treatment would not be changed as is ordered in NYC and Ca. The numbers will never be clear.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

Not very different then all the people who don't get tested because their course of treatment would not be changed as is ordered in NYC and Ca. The numbers will never be clear.
Yeah . . .we are wondering in the land of counter-factual. I saw a Northwestern Economist try to show how 600,000 people will die if we don't see this shutdown through. Is that even remotely accurate? Who knows.
BallerStaf2003
AG
South Platte said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Just an update.

Do you live alone? How did you get continued access to Tylenol, food, etc.?

My partner took care of me and got whatever I needed. He is 32 and never had symptoms.
agsalaska
AG
It would be interesting to see if he would test positive. I am guessing he would.

My mother is also showing no symptoms. Really crazy.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Ronniecoleman30
AG
Glad your feeling better Baller, please keep giving daily updates.
Oscar Diggs
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Just an update.

Good to hear, are you now considered immune, allowed out in the general public without fear of passing this along?

I am curious as to what they advise once you are done with it.
South Platte
agsalaska said:

It would be interesting to see if he would test positive. I am guessing he would.

Yes. It's a blessing to them that they remained healthy (at least for now) until the person they were caring for recovered. My family and I have been game-planning this concept over the past couple of days. I guess you won't know the answer until you are in the middle of it. My expectation is that since we are holing up in the house, if one got it we would all get it.
BallerStaf2003
AG
agsalaska said:

There's no way he didn't get it.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Oscar Diggs said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Just an update.

Good to hear, are you now considered immune, allowed out in the general public without fear of passing this along?

I am curious as to what they advise once you are done with it.

Three days after symptoms clear!
Bonfire1996
AG
Glad you're doing better big fella.
jonj101
Have the doctors mentioned anything to you about potential long term issues?

Im asking because there was a small study conducted in which a percentage of people who had recovered were found to have some lung issues, but since the study was so small I don't think they had anything concrete on it yet. If I can find the link again I'll post it.
jac4
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Just an update.

Glad to hear. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Hoping for continued health and happiness for you.
Keegan99
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

agsalaska said:

I'm curious if he is either:

Asymptomatic and infected

Immune

The cruise ship data suggests 80%+ of the population is somehow in these categories. But if the latter is true then we're in a much better spot than we think.

Researchers need to figure out what's going on with these individuals.
nwaggie
AG
I'm so glad you are better. I've been following your posts and was so relieved and happy when you turned the corner.
agsalaska
AG
Keegan99 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

agsalaska said:

Immune

The cruise ship data suggests 80%+ of the population is somehow in these categories. But if the latter is true then we're in a much better spot than we think.

Agreed. And it is killing him not to get tested. He is running the absolute stereotype symptoms for 4 days now yet nobody else around him is sick. Are they positive but immune, not immune, but resistant. Are they going to get sick tomorrow? Does he really just have something else but medical is too busy to test him? His doctor's certainly do not think so. He is not the kind of guy that gets sick a lot, and he gets a flu shot. And he was directly tied to known victims(man is deceased) in New Orleans last week.

It would be great to get an answer.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
L08
Guess more and more are mentioning the loss of taste and smell. With the frequency it has come up, should definitely be one of those questions to ask or add to questionnaires to catch people earlier on.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/coronavirus-patients-doctors-seem-to-be-temporarily-losing-their-sense-of-taste-and-smell-heres-why-213029665.html
mazzag
AG
L08 said:

Guess more and more are mentioning the loss of taste and smell. With the frequency it has come up, should definitely be one of those questions to ask or add to questionnaires to catch people earlier on.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/coronavirus-patients-doctors-seem-to-be-temporarily-losing-their-sense-of-taste-and-smell-heres-why-213029665.html

I think so as well but maybe it's a trigger for a sure sign and they don't tell the public or maybe there's several reasons folks lose these senses and they don't want to be overloaded with wasteful testing.
HouAggie2007
Sandiaman91
AG
I've been watching your thread for a couple days now, Baller, and I have to say thank you. Since following your illness and recovery, your boyfriend having no apparent issues, and the other folks that have shared their experiences with sickness and recovery, I have been very encouraged and I wish this type of good news got more play.

In no way do I wish to downplay the dangers and effects of Covid-19, but I think Americans and people around the world could get a bit of salt by being exposed to tales that don't end in a morgue. I wish news producers would spend a little effort trying to point out the 98% good stories.

Thanks again, BallerStaff
"The goat rope continues..." -RGV AG
AggieOO
L08 said:

my daughter pooped on the way to daycare this morning. I was gagging at the smell in the car, so far so good!
Another Doug
AG
AggieOO said:

L08 said:

my daughter pooped on the way to daycare this morning. I was gagging at the smell in the car, so far so good!
Open your own drive through testing station. "If you can smell my daughter's poop, you don't have the Rona."
goodAg80
AG
Beware of Doug said:

AggieOO said:

L08 said:

Open your own drive through testing station. "If you can smell my daughter's poop, you don't have the Rona."
My daughter lives in California, but I think I could open a testing station of my own. People practiced social distancing from me before 'rona was a thing.
BusterAg
AG
Keegan99 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

agsalaska said:

Immune

There is some reason why teenagers are all able to fight this off like champs. It can't just be healthier immune systems, the data is just too skewed and there are a lot of 20 somethings with great immune systems getting sick.

If we could figure out what is going on there, I think this will become nothing more than a footnote in sports almanacs about who the NCAA basketball champ for 2020 was.

Lots of ways to beat this, and we will eventually. And whoever contributes to the ultimate solution will become deservedly rich.
AggieOO
Beware of Doug said:

AggieOO said:

L08 said:

BadMoonRisin
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Just an update.

Glad to here it, Baller. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Keegan99 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

agsalaska said:

Immune

I've heard blood type might have a link between either getting the virus or not.

Quote:

One rumor a couple viewers asked us was whether blood type made you more or less susceptible to contracting the coronavirus.
The preliminary evidence suggests this is TRUE.

A study awaiting publication in medical journals looked at blood types of COVID-19 patients in China. It found people with type A blood are about 20-percent more likely to contract Coronavirus than other blood types. Meanwhile, people with type O blood had about a 30-percent lower chance of getting the virus.

The study did not look at whether those cases are more or less severe based on blood type. It's important to note that these results are very preliminary because of how new this virus is.
Keegan99
AG
Baller - Hope you're still in the clear, and thank you again for all you've shared. Out of curiosity, is your partner still exhibiting zero symptoms?
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Glad to hear of your recovery. Stay safe and well.
5StarShield
AG

Baller..have you seen this?
Reveille
AG
We are going to try to use the plasma of recovered patients to give antibodies to the ill with plasma transplants.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.