Positive for corona

112,653 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PJYoung
BallerStaf2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey there, I'm in medical sales and my entire team as well as most surgeons I work with have tested positive for coronavirus here in LA. I'm on day 7 of symptoms and finally got a test just to confirm. The test was positive.

I'm 39 with no other comorbidities. I have had a fever, chills, and a dry cough this past week. I do feel congestion in my chest but breathing is still okay.

I'm riding this out at home and hopefully this is uplifting to many of you as my symptoms are very manageable.

To be honest, I'm glad to be getting it over with.

Symptoms:

Symptom free Day 9

Loss of appetite: Day 1-8
Pain around eyes: Day 1-3
Fever/chills: Day 2-8
Dry cough: Day 4-8
Chest congestion: Day 4-8
Diarrhea: Day 1-8
Fatigue/Sleeping: Day 2-8
Loss of taste/smell: Day 2-8
Catag94
AG
God bless you, Ballerstaf2003, and all of your family and team. I will continue to lift you up in prayer. Are you in any treatments of any sort? What medical attention/advise have you received?
TailG8TR
AG
Hang in there ! Thoughts with you !
BallerStaf2003
AG
One of my doctors had asthma and is in the icu and is struggling. He's about 55 years old. Please pray for him.

I will be fine.
jeffdjohnson
BallerStaf2003 said:

Hey there, I'm in medical sales and my entire team as well as most surgeons I work with have tested positive for coronavirus here in LA. I'm on day 7 of symptoms and finally got a test just to confirm. The test was positive.

I'm 39 with no other comorbidities. I have had a fever, chills, and a dry cough this past week. I do feel congestion in my chest but breathing is still okay.

I'm riding this out at home and hopefully this is uplifting to many of you as my symptoms are very manageable.

Were your symptoms the same during the 7 days? Or did they get worse before getting better?
hph6203
AG
Assuming you're in the 99.9% you're lucky to be getting it over with and here's to hopefully not spreading it to anyone else.
cowenlaw
AG
Praying for you. Get well soon.
Flexbone
Take care, JS. Prayers.

-KS 339
Flashdiaz
AG
what made you decide to get the test?

were you able to discern early on that this wasn't just the flu\cold?
BallerStaf2003
AG
It's gotten a little worse as time has gone on. Feel the worst today but still overall ok. Just rd all the time.
jonj101
Are you taking any specific medications - either over the counter or prescribed?
BallerStaf2003
AG
Flashdiaz said:

what made you decide to get the test?

were you able to discern early on that this wasn't just the flu\cold?

A friend of mine who is a doctor I work with cane over and did the test real quick.
TamuKid
AG
How'd you finally get a test? What was the process like? Did you try multiple times and get denied?

In Austin, have 2 friends who had known contact with the same relative who had a postive test. Both have the symptoms now, but they only tested 1 of the two. And gave them a very hard time about testing even one of them.
agsalaska
AG
Hang in there man.

When you feel up to it, a post giving the timeline of symptoms would be great to read. My dad is on day 2.

Also, if you remember about two weeks ago we had a thread on Forum 16 wondering who would be the first Texags user to get the virus. As far as I know you are the winner. Congratulations man!!! I have no idea what you win, other than chills and a cough.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Flexbone said:

Take care, JS. Prayers.

-KS 339

Thanks brother.

Now trying to figure out who 339 is!
BallerStaf2003
AG
I was denied multiple times for a test. Tests are still scarce for whatever reason.
BallerStaf2003
AG
agsalaska said:

Hang in there man.

When you feel up to it, a post giving the timeline of symptoms would be great to read. My dad is on day 2.

Also, if you remember about two weeks ago we had a thread on Forum 16 wondering who would be the first Texags user to get the virus. As far as I know you are the winner. Congratulations man!!! I have no idea what you win, other than chills and a cough.

There is NO WAY I'm the first. Right? Prob just the first to admit it.
agsalaska
AG
Well then they should have come forward and claimed their prize.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Flexbone
Lee Wilson.
Proposition Joe
Most on Forum 16 could be on their death bed and still not acknowledge that it's an issue.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Get well soon
Strongweasel97
AG
The fact that you decided to document this for the rest of us is an awesome public service.

Thank you and take care.
Hincemm
AG
my old man (74) got tested yesterday and got the results (positive) this morning.

only symptom right now is a fever, which he has had since saturday. i think (but not an expert) that it's a good sign he's had it this long with no terrible complications. he and my mother know that, at the very first sign of any respiratory issues, to get their butt to an ER.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Great to hear from you man! Hope you're doing awesome.
agsalaska
AG
Hey so tell me something. My biological father is a truck driver. He got home and he was knocked the **** out. He said it went from a mild headache to his eyelids hurting it was so bad in about twelve hours.

I should say he likely has it. He has all of the symptoms and his doctor, who has been his doctor for a long time, is trying to get him tested. But since he lives kind of in the country and is not critical they have not tested him yet. It is supposed to be happening right now according to my sister at some clinic near Lakeway.

Did it hit you that fast?
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Posting on Texags is a documented comorbidty for sure.
jeffdjohnson
Have you considered seeking out a prescription for Hydroxychloroquine? (also applies to people with family members diagnosed)
Flexbone
BallerStaf2003 said:

Great to hear from you man! Hope you're doing awesome.

Life has been good to me, very lucky. Stay strong and you and your are in my prayers. You are loved, friend.
SkiMo
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

One of my doctors had asthma and is in the icu and is struggling. He's about 55 years old. Please pray for him.

I will be fine.
I have asthma, I'm 40. And this has me wigged out.
BallerStaf2003
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

Have you considered seeking out a prescription for Hydroxychloroquine? (also applies to people with family members diagnosed)

My doctor said he will write it for me if I get worse but asked thst I refrain if I can for people that really need it in case that goes in short supply also.
BallerStaf2003
AG
agsalaska said:

Hey so tell me something. My biological father is a truck driver. He got home and he was knocked the **** out. He said it went from a mild headache to his eyelids hurting it was so bad in about twelve hours.

I should say he likely has it. He has all of the symptoms and his doctor, who has been his doctor for a long time, is trying to get him tested. But since he lives kind of in the country and is not critical they have not tested him yet. It is supposed to be happening right now according to my sister at some clinic near Lakeway.

Did it hit you that fast?

Last Friday I woke up and my eyes hurt so bad. It creeped me out. The eye pain last the first three days and then went away. So funny he experienced that too. Such a weird pain.

Legal Custodian
AG
Hate to hear that Ballerstaf. Looks like you have a good attitude about it all. Hope you heal up quick.

It's not transmissible through TexAgs, right?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
We're pullin for you!
agsalaska
AG
Thanks. I will let him know.
BigBrother
AG
Take some malaria pills and let us know if you rapidly improve!

Hope you get better fast.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.