Positive for corona

112,997 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PJYoung
lazuras_dc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some speculation

https://www.google.com/amp/s/health.usnews.com/conditions/articles/coronavirus-and-ibuprofen-what-to-know%3fcontext=amp
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Is it just ineffective or detrimental?
Itwasahorsecollar
AG
So can you hold your breath for 10 seconds?
RandyAg98
AG
Ibuprofen inhibits antibody production by B cells. However, it may also inhibit viral replication...thus why it is controversial.
Lance in Round Mountain
AG
BallerStaf2003 - I hope you feel better soon.
End Of Message
AG
Wow, Baller. Prayers your way. Please let your Aggie family know if you need anything.
Not a Bot
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

The French health minister released a statement the other day recommending people not take it. The biochemistry/pathophysiology of this is pretty complicated, but there is a theory that NSAIDs can make the infection worse. However, there have not been any published studies or data indicating that this has been proven in practice. Theoretically, from a pathophysiological standpoint acetaminophen might be better. But these are all things that haven't been tested or proven.

CDC doesn't seem to have an opinion on the issue, WHO saying there's no evidence that Ibuprofen makes it worse so it should be okay. It should also be noted that the WHO once told the world, as the virus was clearly spreading in China, that there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission. They do tend to be behind the curve on some things.
88planoAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Also if you read the doc thread, all Nsaids are processed through the kidneys, which are stressed in this illness. Tylenol is processed through the liver.
black_hat_ag
chipotle said:

Maybe for winning the corona pool staff can give you a special covid19 tag?

That would be sick!!!! No pun intended.
Rutedown
Prayers for you Baller. I have friend who had her elderly parents move in with her last year. She's feeling horrible with similar pain in her eyes, cough and fever. She is social distancing herself from them as much as possible living in the same house. She was denied twice for a test. The numbers have to be very understated if many folks are having a hard time getting tested.
Gilligan
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

schwabbin said:

Let's lighten the mood, what's on the tube, baller?

If I'm not sleeping (I just woke up from a six hour nap and will go back to bed soon), we've been watching Picard, Devs, and the morning show.
Hey Baller, Praying for you and like most on here please keep sharing your journey on Texags as you feel up to it.

For the record I too am watching Picard, but I have mixed emotions. There are times I like it and there are times I think Patrick Stewart is just taking one last lap.

Get well Soon! T&P

~Gilligan
BallerStaf2003
AG
Just woke up. Last night I felt about as bad as I've felt since i got it.

Fever spiked to 102.8. Tylenol didn't help like it normally does. They say things get worse day 7-8. Eventually the fever broke and i went back to sleep but crappy night.

Feel ok this morning.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Another thing I've failed to mention.

I have zero sense of taste or smell. Food tastes like nothing and my appetite is still way down.
BallerStaf2003
AG
He doesn't even seem like he's the star of the show. It's kind of embarrassing to watch. Maybe he will man up and be the Picard we all know and love next season.
Flexbone
Baller,

Glad to see you're ok this am. How's your surgeon friend?
Jock 07
AG
Just curious what part of town are you in? I'm in Torrance
BallerStaf2003
AG
Beverly Hills. Not the nice part.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Flexbone said:

Baller,

Glad to see you're ok this am. How's your surgeon friend?

I've been trying to get info and nobody will tell me.
Tabasco
AG
zag80 said:

Baller, you are in LA - is that Los Angeles or Louisiana?
I did graduate school at Auburn in Alabama. My first week there, I was talking with this hot girl, and I asked where she was from. She replied "LA." I said something to the effect of "thank God... so many people from Alabama seem so backwards." She replied "LA... that's lower alabama... I'm from Cottonwood outside of Dothan."
Ranger222
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I have zero sense of taste or smell. Food tastes like nothing and my appetite is still way down.

I've heard this is a common symptom that has gone underreported. Even people with mild fever and no cough are reporting the same loss of smell/taste.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Ranger222 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

I've heard this is a common symptom that has gone underreported. Even people with mild fever and no cough are reporting the same loss of smell/taste.

Really? Honestly it's pretty unsettling. I'll work up an appetite and get McNuggets and it tastes like cardboard.
richardag
Sorry to hear you're ill, Your updates are especially meaningful to us all. Get well.
Palovic
Baller... To bring some levity to this, you are talking about McDonald's Chicken Nuggets. They are not high on the taste complexity scale.

Now if your Chick-fil-A nuggets taste like cardboard, then I will get concerned.

All kidding aside, thanks for the updates as you are providing everyone here a great service with the updates.
agsalaska
AG
Palovic said:

Baller... To bring some levity to this, you are talking about McDonald's Chicken Nuggets. They are not high on the taste complexity scale.

Now if your Chick-fil-A nuggets taste like cardboard, then I will get concerned.

All kidding aside, thanks for the updates as you are providing everyone here a great service with the updates.
Is there Chick-fil-A in LA?

I seriously do not know the answer to this.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Palovic said:

Chick fil a also tasted like cardboard. I had that on Thursday and I was beyond disappointed.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Ranger222 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

You were right.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2020/03/20/theres-an-unexpected-loss-of-smell-and-taste-in-coronavirus-patients/
jonj101
I just want to quickly thank you as well as everyone else that is sharing info concerning themselves or family members that have gotten the virus.

I've been practicing social distancing as well as staying home the majority of the week, but with the high oak pollen count in our area recently, I've been trying to make sure my symptoms are more related to the pollen than anything virus related. The information helps greatly.
Tabasco
AG
agsalaska said:

Palovic said:

yes, closest to Baller would be 900 westwood or 10250 Santa Monica Blvd in westfield century city.

full disclosure, I know nothing about LA or chick-fil-a. I just googled and looked at Beverly Hills area.
BallerStaf2003
AG
La cienega and I-10 there's a new one.
Palovic
Well..... That is concerning if the MSG goodness of Chich-fila cannot be savored and enjoyed during this time. So much for the Popeyes/Chick-fila chicken sandwich wars.
fta09
AG
Disclaimer: I am an engineer, but I've been bangin' a nurse for 10 years.

In regards to the acetaminophen and NSAID thing, it does seem speculative. If it were me, absent of advice from a doc, I would avoid NSAIDs unless the fever was serious and not being controlled by acetaminophen. Luckily, it seems like for most, just Tylenol is keeping their fever in check. Unfortunately for me, just about every time I get sick and have a symptom of fever, I have to alternate Tylenol and Advil to keep my fevers down.

Thanks for documenting all this Baller and I hope you get better soon.
gooberhead
AG
I had to do chemo years ago, which for me really blunted my taste buds(or the tastiness of food). I found that anything REALLY sweet or REALLY salty was the tastiest. Not the healthiest diet, but at least I was eating something. And it's a relatively short term fix.
jetescamilla
AG
agsalaska said:

Palovic said:

Have you guys ever tried the tacos in LA?

Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Hey Baller, what company do you work for? I'm in the business as well and curious if we are covering the same types of surgeons.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
NASAg03
After living in Calgary for 7 months least year, and then visiting for a beerfest and skiing last month, that clip is too perfect. Damn I miss my Canadian friends. They are too funny.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.