Positive for corona

112,956 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PJYoung
RobCoMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Remember NO NSAIDS (motrin, alleve, advil)

Why?
Marcus Aurelius
AG
https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-advises-patients-use-non-steroidal-anti-inflammatory-drugs-nsaids-covid-19

Based on data out of France that a higher proportion of young patients were doing poorly from a respiratory standpoint where taking large amounts of NSAIDS. The FDA is mum about it, but I think until more information is available I would avoid NSAIDS if you become infected with this virus.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
That's pretty messed up man. Is it your new team or old team that all got infected? And how do you think they got it, from hospitals or a team meeting?

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
captkirk
AG
Pulling for you Baller
BenFiasco14
AG
Get well soon man.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ragoo
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

reason being?

In all my life of getting headaches only ibuprofen has worked, so if infected would be my reaction.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
see response above
88planoAg
AG
Ragoo said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

reason being?

In all my life of getting headaches only ibuprofen has worked, so if infected would be my reaction.
there is a complicated medical explanation that concludes that it could make the virus worse. In addition to that one, the NSAIDs are processed by the kidneys, which can be stressed during this illness. Tylenol is processed through the liver.

The doc thread at the top of the page discusses these in more detail.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Praying for you Baller. Hope you get over the worse soon and back on your feet.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Moving on. Happened two years ago.

I'm feeling pretty good today. Haven't even taken Tylenol so maybe I'm getting over the hump. We will see!
agsalaska
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I'm feeling pretty good today. Haven't even taken Tylenol so maybe I'm getting over the hump. We will see!
WIth you. Let's move on.

Glad you are feeling better today. Read a few that say it seems to go away as fast is it comes on.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
5StarShield
AG
Glad to hear, Baller.

Sorry if I missed, but are you in isolation with anyone else? If so, how is it going trying to keep them from becoming infected? Or are they already?
Wife of Chas Satterfield
Glad your feeling better.
Wife of Chas Satterfield
And whose eyeballs hurt after reading the list of symptoms?
GE
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Great news. Hope it continues. You been having shortness of breath or all good in that respect?
BallerStaf2003
AG
GE said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Great news. Hope it continues. You been having shortness of breath or all good in that respect?

Chest congestion but no shortness of breath.
BallerStaf2003
AG
5StarShield said:

Glad to hear, Baller.

Sorry if I missed, but are you in isolation with anyone else? If so, how is it going trying to keep them from becoming infected? Or are they already?

Yeah I'm with my boyfriend. We live together and he's why i moved to LA. He has zero symptoms except he's been saying that food tastes bland the last few days. He's had no headache or fever and he was definitely exposed if I was.

He's only 32 so maybe that's why.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I know we've been on opposite sides in several discussions here, but I wish you all the best and pray that you kick Covid's ass.

Thank you for the first-hand account of your experience.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
McInnis 03
AG
Stay on guard. Lots of reports with this of improvement and then further decline. Just listen to your body.
Houston Lee
AG
Just saw this thread. Baller! Get better! Looks like you are past the worst of it, I hope.
unmade bed
Yep. Next 2 days are critical from what I've been reading. Not a doctor, but reports saying symptoms level off after initial onset, then day 8 or 9 the respiratory complications come back with a vengeance (in some cases). Just keeping taking it easy and thanks for posting updates. Really helps to ease anxiety over it.
End Of Message
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Fantastic news. We don't always agree, but I am excited for you that you're feeling better.

Keep giving it hell.
BallerStaf2003
AG
unmade bed said:

Yep. Next 2 days are critical from what I've been reading. Not a doctor, but reports saying symptoms level off after initial onset, then day 8 or 9 the respiratory complications come back with a vengeance (in some cases). Just keeping taking it easy and thanks for posting updates. Really helps to ease anxiety over it.

I thought it was day 7/8 that are the worst. Not 8/9.
Charpie
AG
Hang in there, buddy.
unmade bed
BallerStaf2003 said:

unmade bed said:

I thought it was day 7/8 that are the worst. Not 8/9.

You may be right. I've read some many numbers in the past 3 weeks, it's impossible to keep everything straight. Didn't want to alarm you, just hoping you get well.
GE
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

5StarShield said:

Glad to hear, Baller.

Yeah I'm with my boyfriend. We live together and he's why i moved to LA. He has zero symptoms except he's been saying that food tastes bland the last few days. He's had no headache or fever and he was definitely exposed if I was.

Is that just because yall have been doing your own cooking given the shutdown?

I kid
Harrison Wells
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

5StarShield said:

Glad to hear, Baller.

You're only 39 and in good health, right? I doubt the 7 years is the difference. Anyway, glad to hear you're feeling better!

And I hate to hear about your experience on this board. Seriously reprehensible behavior that deserves some consequences.
DifferenceMaker Ag
BallerStaf2003 said:

5StarShield said:

Glad to hear, Baller.

Just curious. Do you have blood type A and does he have blood type O by any chance?
Reveille
AG
Praying for you Baller!!

I am glad you are doing well so far. Most people believe the serious symptoms occur around days 6/7 so hopefully you are on the mend soon. If you are not already taking it I would load up on Zinc as it has shown to stop intracellular replication in vitro.

Unfortunately, I have a strong feeling that must of us in healthcare are going to eventually become infected. Let's just pray they are all minor infections.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Just got an update on the doctor i worked with that day. He's in serious but stable condition in the icu. He's gotten sicker.

What I don't understand is how we all got coronavirus from being in an operating room where everyone is wearing PPE and surgical gloves.

The case was like 18 hours bc it was a very serious cancer patient with multiple tumors on his bladder and intestines. They debulked the tumors and had to do some stuff to the bladder. I didn't join the case until like hour 11 when they had to close the hernia they made with my product.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Been downing zinc and vitamin c like crazy. Thanks man!
Catag94
AG
Sorry to hear this. We will continue to pray for him. I am glad you're feeling better.
OldArmy71
AG
What a terrible thing when you and other medical professionals have to literally risk your lives to help others. Hope you and the surgeon recover fully!
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

What I don't understand is how we all got coronavirus from being in an operating room where everyone is wearing PPE and surgical gloves.
That is perplexing. Scrub area?
BallerStaf2003
AG
Just to clarify, I'm not scrubbed in and not wearing masks but all the nurses are and I'm wearing a surgeon cap and a mask. Just don't get it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.